Heavy rebates - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78292
What I Drive: 2001 Burgandy ZXT

FF Reputation: 1 coldbear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Heavy rebates

When will FMC offer the super rebate program again for our Focus's?. Will I have to wait until 12-28-13 to get their best deal ? I'd like to buy new but sales are strong and rebates weak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
You somewhat answered your own question, the more popular the car the lower the rebate typically. Supply of Focus also dictate rebates, the more Focus on the ground the better the rebates.

I doubt we will see a Focus with a $5,000 rebate since many F series trucks don't have $5,000 now.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 06-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
Rebates are up to $3250 right now, doesn't seem weak at all!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
Rebates are up to $3250 right now, doesn't seem weak at all!
I think it's amazing for the number 1 car in the world.
Ira McCrea
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
It depends on your area. A volume dealer will do better than another one 5 miles down the road that isn't a volume or in the "preferred dealer network."

In our area the trucks are always $9-13k off and Focus are always $3-6k off MSRP (Titaniums are discounted big time). The ST rebates are down to $1k now, but were higher.

I see you're in southern Ohio. You may have to drive to Cleveland or Nashville to get the best deal. I drove a few hours to get my Focus. The local dealer said "1,500 off MSRP" and I was about to use my X-plan when I did my research and got my SEL (model line doesn't exist for 2013 models) at $4,500 off.

The other thing about volume dealers is our car's value is lower when buying one used. A used SEL with 4,100 miles that's loaded like mine, but it has leather seating and Nav with its MFT, is only $17,900. That's a few hundred less than what I paid for mine new (MSRP new $24k+ for mine with the MFT w/o Nav and well over $25k for that one - I didn't check the other options on it).

Plus I got additional money off for financing through FMC rather than my bank.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Dan33klein
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115852
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Dan33klein Good Standing Member
I have a 2014 titanium on order now. Still waiting to see what the incentives will be when they come in.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

Good to know...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this inquiry.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
I think it's amazing for the number 1 car in the world.
Sales are weaker than expected here in the states. Americans are not used to paying so much for what they consider to be just a slightly larger economy car.

Then there are the issues with MFT and the auto-trans that have been spread far and wide and have also contributed to weaker than expected sales.

Then consider that now apparently at least some people consider Kia and Hyundai to be a viable alternative (I have no idea why, but there it is) and Kia's Forte Coupe at least, has a lower starting price point. (Kia and Hyundai sales have literally exploded here in our area judging by the amount of new Kias and Hyundais on the road).

Finally, people like me, who are waiting for a 3 door variant or a more aggressively styled coupe. (I think the sedans are bleah in the design department).

I think we will see higher rebates, just not right now. Even though sales are weaker than expected, Car Sales overall are at a high right now. Just about every brand has seen a huge increase in sales, largely in the SUV/Truck Arena, but I think Cadillac posted some of the biggest sales increases.

So, they're selling, just not as much as Ford wanted to sell here in the states.

Sadly, I do think Kia and Hyundai are stealing some sales especially with their UVO system which was also designed by Microsoft (comparable to Microsoft's SYNC).

Now is not the time to buy a new car here in the U.S. if you are looking for absolute best pricing. About the only car I know of that you can get for a song and a dance right now is the Dodge Dart. It's sales are horrible and the promised GT version still has not shown up (as well as another version they have been promising and is displayed on their website but is still vapor). Reading over the Dart forums a lot of people are pissed that they paid a price premium because now people are getting them for very good deals. I wouldn't buy one, but there you have it. hehe.

Course who would have figured that Chrysler would be stupid enough to put out a Turbo version that makes less horsepower than the standard version. heh. From a marketing perspective that is a huge fail right there.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
imccrea
FF Affiliate

May sales were 27,186 (up almost 10% over last may).

Elantra sales at 25,090 yet civic was at just over 30,000 so I think the rebates are right where ford wants them.
Ira McCrea
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

good to know..

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll wait a few months b4 I buy new. No turbo
s for me. Tractor pulled for years and blew three Schwietzer turbo's in one pull. Cost to fix em? Only a hand full of hundred dollar bills. 23 to be exact. lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks