Tsb 13-6-10 bang noise heard and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift - under moderate to aggressive acceleration - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiciouzSVT View Post
When did your parts come in? I am still waiting on mine...
Allegedly most of the parts came in the first week from the release of the TSB, but the transmission mount took 49 days from the date the TSB came out to arrive on Monday, and around 52 days by the time they were able to get me a loaner and get the car in for service.

However there were only 200 transmission mounts in that batch, and another 564+ parts on back order allegedly for the transmission mount and psmm, but from what I've been hearing others may have to wait for yet more months again for the next batch. Some were waiting on pretty much every and any part of the bulletin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #22
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79303
What I Drive: 2013 Blue ST3

FF Reputation: 3 JCH841 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks. My dealer is ordering the parts and will notify me. Hopefully I can combine the TSB install with the first oil change. No questions; the salesman heard the noise during the test drive and stated "that doesn't sound good."
Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
suss6052
Focus Addict

I don't think they bled the brakes and clutch properly.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also the sound symposer tube is missing a bolt, and is flapping around in the engine bay.

Last edited by suss6052; 08-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #24
LiciouzSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83568
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST

FF Reputation: 1 LiciouzSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Will they give the parts and let you install them yourself? I don't trust other people working on my cars!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #25
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiciouzSVT View Post
Will they give the parts and let you install them yourself? I don't trust other people working on my cars!!!
As far as I know, no they will not, you'd have to order and purchase the parts, but if its a warranty service they have to do the work allegdly.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
smk2svt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117300
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 1 smk2svt Good Standing Member
Took my car to the dealer for them to drive and hear the sound so they would order the parts, and they got them on order no questions asked. Hopefully they don't take months to come in.

Steve
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smk2svt View Post
Took my car to the dealer for them to drive and hear the sound so they would order the parts, and they got them on order no questions asked. Hopefully they don't take months to come in.

Steve
That's wishful thinking, current wait ti like they were trending towards October for the earlier adopters beyond the last batch of two hundred parts ( transmission and psmm).
It took close to 2 months to get the parts for my car when asking when the TSB first came out.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
In my view Ford silliness, they could put those parts on front burner to please customers and get a fast shot in the arm of good publicity doing so. They could certainly use it. Rather, they put the parts on the assembly line to build more cars, the customer who has already paid gets cheated there.............

I remember waiting for weeks for an '88 Tempo part under this same scenario, cancelled part order and fixed car myself after they said part still not coming in for potentially month more. Made money doing it too as it panned out, and car down maybe an hour fixing it.

Yes, on a new car, or the beginnings of my disdain for their warranties. Screwed twice there, they let you down with incompetence in design, then they do it again in servicing the issue. Maybe a third time when they can't fix it right?

My thinking is that Ford has come out of the recession as much more haughty as a corporation than before, and it was pretty bad then.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
Idahomie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88792
What I Drive: 2013 TB ST2

FF Reputation: 1 Idahomie Good Standing Member
I had the TSB authorized and parts ordered in late June, and my dealership just got everything and did the TSB yesterday. Everything is good so far. There is still a bit of a thump from real hard shifts when its wound up real tight, but it's way better than before. I might get some aftermarket mounts one day, but this makes it much more fun to drive for now. No difference in vibrations that I can detect. And my clutch feels fine, no detectable difference there either.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
Wetsuitxninja
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108095
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Wetsuitxninja Good Standing Member
I was told OCT1 they will have more parts to be released. Crazy how long its taking to get it taken care of.

Bookmarks & Social Networks