Tsb 13-6-10 bang noise heard and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift - under moderate to aggressive acceleration - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
polyurethane trans mount. people make it. poly drivers and passenger side engine mounts. no need for roll restrictor if it doesn't move.

ford had the idiocy to slap a standard ford focus trans mount in there. they didnt think to put something stiffer in there to compete with the added power.
also the vibes are hardly noticable after the mounts break in. only at idle can you feel it.
The transmission mount is likely different, along with the side mount, only the roll restrictor is common between the n/a and the ST.

There are no aftermarket transmission mounts only the rear roll restrictor and passenger side engine mount.

It depends on the person, in many cases the NVH does not go away with the stiffer bushings even after they break in.

The Electric Focus roll restrictor is much stiffer without additional NVH, however ford will now have to replace all of the engine mounts on their dime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
a few companies make an insert for the spaces in the rubber on the factory roll restrictor. people seem to have good reviews.

i'm glad they have adressed the two weakest mounts on a focus (engine and lower trans mount)
but if i wanted a car with no soul or feeling i would have bought a vw golf.

also i have seen and read that using a mazdaspeed 3 factory roll restrictor does a similar job. as the bushing is much more substantial (less holes in it)
Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict

The MS3 rear roll restrictor works on the N/A somewhat, but it's no where near as stiff as the Focus Electric mount and was not quite adequate on my SEL as it still gave the engine too much room to move with just 160 hp. It would not hold up to the power of the ST, which is why the MS3 guys change it for an aftermarket mount typically.

The ST has a lot of character and soul, but if you miss the old SVT focus then perhaps the less powerful of the two STs is for you.

The Fiesta ST is closer in size and power to the original SVT Focus although a little bit more powerful.

It does however still maintain a twist beam solid rear axle instead of the independent rear control blade suspension on the Focus.

The Focus has a better power to weight ratio and is faster, but the Fiesta would probably be slightly less refined and more raucous
Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
maybe. i'll find out soon there is an ecoboost challenge happening one state over. i'll be headed down to beat teh snot out of one and see if i dig it as a base for a second daily driven terror. my svt is still kicking, and she's paid off. as soon as a new daily is procured she'll get restored. with some flavor...
Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
joescool2008
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85574
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT, 2013 Black ST2

FF Reputation: 1 joescool2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When I do my 1-2 shift fairly hard it feels like I tanked my whole wheel into a pothole lol. Anyone had to do any haggling with the dealer to get them to fix this issue?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
joescool2008
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85574
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT, 2013 Black ST2

FF Reputation: 1 joescool2008 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Parts on order.

Went in today and mentioned the issue to the guy at the front desk and they asked me to pull the car back there. I described the issue to the parts counter and another clerk said he had just done a job changing them out. At that point they said they will just go ahead and order the parts to fix it since they have dealt with the issue a few times already. It helps to go to a performance ford :).
Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
LiciouzSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83568
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST

FF Reputation: 1 LiciouzSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I just ordered my parts today! I went in there, told them to symptoms and the TSB#, the tech went for a ride with me and they ordered the parts. Hopefully this helps with that wheel hop when launching (@ a track of course )!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
suss6052
Focus Addict

I'm still waiting on parts since day one of the TSB's release. They can't get the transmission mounts out fast enough to get it here in time for a HPDE and FF this weekend, it's going to be slightly less fun having to take it really easy on the car, but even avoiding a hard launch the car is great fun.

I've heard reports from others that it's a really good solution, but why they didn't have the parts on hand to fix the cars before announcing the service bulletin is beyond me.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
suss6052
Focus Addict

TSB parts installed Thursday. I can say that so far the motor mounts seem to have adequately prevented the powertrain movement so far. However I'm not sure I'm fond of the way the clutch pedal feels at the moment.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
LiciouzSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83568
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST

FF Reputation: 1 LiciouzSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
When did your parts come in? I am still waiting on mine...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->