Do you rent your tires? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
zero sympathy for people who dont read fine print and make terrible decisions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #22
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My view is that people don't like change. Sure, they could take the bus. But that's change. They like having a car. They like having satellite TV and their $800 phones. They're willing to go into debt to maintain their current standard of living... even when it could easily be avoided and overall they will probably be happier because the weight of excess debt isn't on their shoulders as well.

Funny note from shopping yesterday... There's a sushi station in the store. On one of the windows, a note reads "YES! you CAN buy sushi with FOOD STAMPS!" OK. Yeah... that's pretty cool I guess. But if you're on food stamps, be honest with yourself. You're not in the position to waste a chunk of that when you can get a lot more food. Then again, I ask myself the same question when all a family buys is junk food with their stamps.

Anyway...
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah,those rent to own TV and furniture have been doing the same for a long time and those places apparently do good business which is a sad commentary for a lot of people.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
BruceAdama
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115070
What I Drive: 2005 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 BruceAdama Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
I like the part of the article where the owners of an INFINITY SUV couldnt afford to put tires on it. Next they will be renting gas!
Maybe it be time to start lookin' at a Ford Escape? :p
Old 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
Quote:
I like the part of the article where the owners of an INFINITY SUV couldnt afford to put tires on it. Next they will be renting gas!
or renting oil/coolant... since Valvoline know sells recycled oil, I think that might count... lol...

unless you can figure out how to rent gas...
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #26
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
That's sad...people need to understand how money/finance works.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I live in the ghetto. There are a lot of cell phone stores, check cashing, pawn, and yes, a Rent-A-Wheel store.

I went to the rent-a-wheel store to see if they would dismount a set of tires, not a wheel in the store was under 22". It confused them, a customer with a set of factory 16's that he wanted to keep, and just pay cash for labor.

They didn't want to make a quick $20 cash, so I went down the street to the Mexican used tire store and got them done for $16.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #28
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
Funny note from shopping yesterday... There's a sushi station in the store. On one of the windows, a note reads "YES! you CAN buy sushi with FOOD STAMPS!" OK. Yeah... that's pretty cool I guess. But if you're on food stamps, be honest with yourself. You're not in the position to waste a chunk of that when you can get a lot more food. Then again, I ask myself the same question when all a family buys is junk food with their stamps.

Anyway...
You don't necessarily need to be "poor" to get food stamps. It's system that is abused by many, I would wager the majority of folks using it don't really need it. Many people game the system, and are hiding income.

If they were truly poor, they wouldn't dream of purchasing such expensive food as sushi with their government assistance...the folks who aren't really poor don't give a damn, because they have plenty of other money to blow on other stupid stuff.
Hatch Nation #29
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
mix1983
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yep, I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck behind people at Walmart waiting for their food stamp debit card thing, or some of them have what looks like a check, to go through. Only to see them outside loading that food into a new Escalade or Chrystler 300 on bling blong wheels. At least with WIC there are only specific items you can get.

There have also been stands popping up for people that get food stamps to get a cell phone.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #30
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
One thing to note is, some people will buy food stamps, there are people I know that buy them so that people have actual cash to use as they please. Can be both good and bad. My small town carry out does not accept food stamps AFAIK... so that's one of they few things... of course with food stamps you can't buy heroin... Some how I have a feeling it happens quite a bit...
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->