Facepalm.... Kia - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #71
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn
 
crazy_urn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Fan#: 1986
Location: Uncharted Waters, CO
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

Posts: 5,485
FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
Yes, there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, but not all opinions are valid. Just because it is someone's opinion does automatically exempt it from judgement..

For example, opinions based on facts that are incorrect are invalid opinions. i.e. If I say, I like chevy's over ford's because they have 3 wheels, that is an invalid opinion because it is based on facts that are not true. (I have not seen this here, just making a point)

Likewise, opinions based on faulty logic are also invalid. For example, if the reasoning used to support an opinion contradicts itself, then the opinion is invalid. i.e., if I say I don't eat tomatoes because I am allergic to them, while putting ketchup on my fries, I have contradicted myself and my opinion is invalid. Likewise, if I say I will only buy an american car, and use my order for a 14 focus that is "being build locally in Wayne(sic)" as my support for that argument, but the company that builds said car brags on its website about how the new 14 american focus is part of the world wide c-car platform, and that 80% of all parts used in the focus "built" in wayne are the exact same as the other factories around the world, I have contradicted myself. The logic behind that reasoning is invalid, which renders the opinion invalid. Your focus that is "built" in wayne uses parts sourced from 22 different countries, and 80% of it is identical to volvos (made in Europe) and mazdas (made in Japan)

You can say, I won't buy asian cars because I don't like them. That is a valid opinion. You can say, I have had bad experiences with asian cars, I will not buy them, that is a valid opinion. But if you claim you will "not own, drive, or sit in anything made in China, Japan, or Korea", then either you will never own, drive, or sit in 80% of your new focus, or you have contradicted yourself, and made your opinion invalid.
__________________
Defending the reputation of the red-headed step-child of the focus world for far too long.
crazy_urn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #72
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-T-Kűhl
 
|Heath_Bar|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99942
Location: Macomb, MI
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

Posts: 3,173
FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay...thanks for the information. I guess next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself because all this back and forth is exhausting! lol Any who, point blank my dad works for Ford, so we drive a Ford.
__________________
|Performance Blue Hatchback|
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
|Heath_Bar| is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #73
replica81
Focus Addict
 
replica81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88615
Location: Seattle, WA
What I Drive: 05 ST

Posts: 1,249
FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
Okay...thanks for the information. I guess next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself because all this back and forth is exhausting! lol Any who, point blank my dad works for Ford, so we drive a Ford.
No worries. Do what works for you.
__________________
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
replica81 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #74
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105573
Location: Lakewood, NJ
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

Posts: 369
FF Reputation: 4 joecicalese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I won't drive a Kia ever since my parents were murdered by hip, young, urban guinea pigs in a Kia Soul.
joecicalese is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #75
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn
 
crazy_urn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Fan#: 1986
Location: Uncharted Waters, CO
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

Posts: 5,485
FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
Okay...thanks for the information. I guess next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself because all this back and forth is exhausting! lol Any who, point blank my dad works for Ford, so we drive a Ford.
That is a valid opinion, and I respect that.
__________________
Defending the reputation of the red-headed step-child of the focus world for far too long.
crazy_urn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #76
xxWeinerDogxx
Focus Enthusiast
 
xxWeinerDogxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105482
Location: Mobile, AL
What I Drive: [2013/T-Scrm/ST3 RIP] 2014 OWST3

Posts: 96
FF Reputation: 1 xxWeinerDogxx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecicalese View Post
I won't drive a Kia ever since my parents were murdered by hip, young, urban guinea pigs in a Kia Soul.
!!! You earned your paycheck today with that one!
xxWeinerDogxx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #77
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 3,943
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Would you take the opinion of a steak from a life long vegan?
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #78
sailor
"Elder"
 
sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fan#: 57268
Location: Williamsville, NY
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Posts: 11,638
FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
IMHO - Kia/Hyundai are still "getting up to speed" in the more difficult engineering areas of ride, handling, & "feel" - including the overall cohesiveness of making a solid product with the parts working together.

They're getting close though, and some of the "failings" are common to a lot of the offerings from other more established car makers.

For those looking for an appliance with a lot of features, they can be pretty attractive, especially for those who would otherwise be buying Toyota's for example (mostly appliance type cars these days).

Personally, I got into foreign sporty vehicles long ago, before there were enough of them to be a real "foreign trade" issue. Unique, Odd, Fun, interesting engineering was the attraction when U.S. offerings were basically Mustang or Camaro at more $ than I could afford at the time. (First New was a Fiat sport hatchback, dirt cheap & fun, Mustang II at more $ than I had wasn't much competition at the time)

Now I've never counted, but I've flipped back & forth over the years, with most being a bit "different" in one way or another. Current '95 S-10 (bought new) is "odd" in being a 4 cyl. 5 spd with HD suspension & "LS" pkg. - Dang fine & useful truck, I'll be sad when it finally completely rusts out under me 'cause I can't replace it with anything similar.
The Focus made me happy as a REAL fun car, with great driving "feel" - both practical & sporty, especially with a few well chosen "Mods.".

I'm happy to see a number of new vehicles that I'd actually be interested in, especially "American" ones - for a while it didn't look like anything new was going to be something I'd WANT to own or drive!

Cheers!

P.S. - I miss SAAB as well, though the really funky odd ones were gone long before the end...
__________________
"Rubber Side Down"

S.R. #275

sailor is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #79
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic
 
mac.mogul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90409
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Posts: 3,662
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I feel like anyone who doubts Kia/Hyundai's abilities as an automaker needs to drive the Genesis Coupe.

It's a true world-class performance car that isn't holding any punches. I wish Hyundai knew how to market it better because it's a car that could change a lot of people's minds.
__________________
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
mac.mogul is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #80
replica81
Focus Addict
 
replica81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88615
Location: Seattle, WA
What I Drive: 05 ST

Posts: 1,249
FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I feel like anyone who doubts Kia/Hyundai's abilities as an automaker needs to drive the Genesis Coupe.

It's a true world-class performance car that isn't holding any punches. I wish Hyundai knew how to market it better because it's a car that could change a lot of people's minds.
I'm not opposed. The base Genesis turbo model is pretty cool. But I'd probably cross shop it against used Nissan Z cars in the same price range. Unfair to pit new against used, but yeah. Whatever amused me more, I'd buy.
__________________
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
replica81 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.