Facepalm.... Kia - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #71
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
Yes, there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, but not all opinions are valid. Just because it is someone's opinion does automatically exempt it from judgement..

For example, opinions based on facts that are incorrect are invalid opinions. i.e. If I say, I like chevy's over ford's because they have 3 wheels, that is an invalid opinion because it is based on facts that are not true. (I have not seen this here, just making a point)

Likewise, opinions based on faulty logic are also invalid. For example, if the reasoning used to support an opinion contradicts itself, then the opinion is invalid. i.e., if I say I don't eat tomatoes because I am allergic to them, while putting ketchup on my fries, I have contradicted myself and my opinion is invalid. Likewise, if I say I will only buy an american car, and use my order for a 14 focus that is "being build locally in Wayne(sic)" as my support for that argument, but the company that builds said car brags on its website about how the new 14 american focus is part of the world wide c-car platform, and that 80% of all parts used in the focus "built" in wayne are the exact same as the other factories around the world, I have contradicted myself. The logic behind that reasoning is invalid, which renders the opinion invalid. Your focus that is "built" in wayne uses parts sourced from 22 different countries, and 80% of it is identical to volvos (made in Europe) and mazdas (made in Japan)

You can say, I won't buy asian cars because I don't like them. That is a valid opinion. You can say, I have had bad experiences with asian cars, I will not buy them, that is a valid opinion. But if you claim you will "not own, drive, or sit in anything made in China, Japan, or Korea", then either you will never own, drive, or sit in 80% of your new focus, or you have contradicted yourself, and made your opinion invalid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #72
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-T-Kűhl

Fan#: 99942
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay...thanks for the information. I guess next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself because all this back and forth is exhausting! lol Any who, point blank my dad works for Ford, so we drive a Ford.
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
Old 06-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #73
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Okay...thanks for the information. I guess next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself because all this back and forth is exhausting! lol Any who, point blank my dad works for Ford, so we drive a Ford.
No worries. Do what works for you.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #74
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105573
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 4 joecicalese Good Standing Member
I won't drive a Kia ever since my parents were murdered by hip, young, urban guinea pigs in a Kia Soul.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #75
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
That is a valid opinion, and I respect that.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #76
xxWeinerDogxx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105482
What I Drive: [2013/T-Scrm/ST3 RIP] 2014 OWST3

FF Reputation: 1 xxWeinerDogxx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecicalese View Post
I won't drive a Kia ever since my parents were murdered by hip, young, urban guinea pigs in a Kia Soul.
!!! You earned your paycheck today with that one!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #77
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Would you take the opinion of a steak from a life long vegan?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #78
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
IMHO - Kia/Hyundai are still "getting up to speed" in the more difficult engineering areas of ride, handling, & "feel" - including the overall cohesiveness of making a solid product with the parts working together.

They're getting close though, and some of the "failings" are common to a lot of the offerings from other more established car makers.

For those looking for an appliance with a lot of features, they can be pretty attractive, especially for those who would otherwise be buying Toyota's for example (mostly appliance type cars these days).

Personally, I got into foreign sporty vehicles long ago, before there were enough of them to be a real "foreign trade" issue. Unique, Odd, Fun, interesting engineering was the attraction when U.S. offerings were basically Mustang or Camaro at more $ than I could afford at the time. (First New was a Fiat sport hatchback, dirt cheap & fun, Mustang II at more $ than I had wasn't much competition at the time)

Now I've never counted, but I've flipped back & forth over the years, with most being a bit "different" in one way or another. Current '95 S-10 (bought new) is "odd" in being a 4 cyl. 5 spd with HD suspension & "LS" pkg. - Dang fine & useful truck, I'll be sad when it finally completely rusts out under me 'cause I can't replace it with anything similar.
The Focus made me happy as a REAL fun car, with great driving "feel" - both practical & sporty, especially with a few well chosen "Mods.".

I'm happy to see a number of new vehicles that I'd actually be interested in, especially "American" ones - for a while it didn't look like anything new was going to be something I'd WANT to own or drive!

Cheers!

P.S. - I miss SAAB as well, though the really funky odd ones were gone long before the end...

S.R. #275

Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #79
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
I feel like anyone who doubts Kia/Hyundai's abilities as an automaker needs to drive the Genesis Coupe.

It's a true world-class performance car that isn't holding any punches. I wish Hyundai knew how to market it better because it's a car that could change a lot of people's minds.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #80
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I feel like anyone who doubts Kia/Hyundai's abilities as an automaker needs to drive the Genesis Coupe.

It's a true world-class performance car that isn't holding any punches. I wish Hyundai knew how to market it better because it's a car that could change a lot of people's minds.
I'm not opposed. The base Genesis turbo model is pretty cool. But I'd probably cross shop it against used Nissan Z cars in the same price range. Unfair to pit new against used, but yeah. Whatever amused me more, I'd buy.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.

Bookmarks & Social Networks