Facepalm.... Kia - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #61
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl

Fan#: 99942
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
I'm trying to not be unreasonable here, but your argument is absolute shit, lady.

"All Oriental cars look bad." So you have a preconceived notion about any car from Korea, Japan, or China, that they're ugly automatically because of their origin. We're off to a great start here...

"Being made locally in Wayne." It's being assembled in Wayne by Americans. It's not made there, with all local parts. It's not 1964 anymore. The car was designed by Ford's European division, just like the MK1 was. Your car is no more "American" than my Mexican-assembled MK1.

"I like my Fords and Saabs..." Any new Korean car is better than a Saab. Because Saab is gone, thanks to another American company. And Saab was Swedish, not Swiss.

You people are arguing your own argument... We all have opinions. What your saying isn't going to change my mind lol, but nice try folks.

!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #62
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl

Also read what your even arguing about... I'm not arguing here I'm stating MY OPINION...
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #63
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
How long till this thread is locked? Stay tuned to find out! Lol

Nevin
PNW Crew #45
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - Current
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - For Sale/not for sale/written off/fixing and selling/I dont even know...
Nevin
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #64
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Never. Mods will just delete one side of the argument that they decide to find fault in... or at least that's how I take the past few moderations I've been a part of.
- Jody -
Old 06-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #65
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
It will get moderated when the insults start flying. Insulting a previous poster does not make your point any more valid or important. It only shows a lack of maturity and lopsided thinking.

Whether ONE particular car model has more local content is NOT the point. Overall corporate behavior and contributions is the point. You can ignore this all you want, and justify your stance however you want, but that will not make that point any less true or important.

I also think most Asian cars are either ugly or a copy of something else. There are very few exceptions to this. Although I admit there are some that I find appealing. I am not here to tell anyone else what products to buy. Therefore this is a discussion and not an argument.

Finally, the MK3 was not developed solely by Ford of Europe. It was developed jointly as a global model.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #66
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Never. Mods will just delete one side of the argument that they decide to find fault in... or at least that's how I take the past few moderations I've been a part of.
I just went through your posts back until January. You've only had posts deleted in two separate incidences, and in both situations you were not the only one that had posts deleted as both sides of the situation were silenced. If you feel that you have been moderated against too many times, maybe it is a good time to take a look at the things you're saying. If it were something deemed to be a serious issue, then you would have had a warning or infraction.

As pointed out above, moderation generally only occurs in incidences of blatant insults or harassment. Actual civil discussion and debate is encouraged and recommended. If nobody had differences, everybody would drive the same car with the same options and same mods. That would be boring. Not everybody knows everything, and having two knowledgeable sides discussing their knowledge or opinions is beneficial to everyone. When both sides butt heads, everyone witnessing benefits from the pros and cons debate-whether they agree or not.

Having a differing opinion doesn't make someone wrong per-se, it just makes them wrong to another group. Someone whom is into stance is deemed 'wrong' by those that aren't. Someone whom is into lifted trucks is deemed 'wrong' by those that aren't. I think the point is pretty much the same regardless of the situation. There are only two types of people in this world-those that believe that there are two types of people and those that don't. Figure out what you believe in and then debate it against someone whom knows the other side and is smart and respectful about it. You may learn something.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #67
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114522
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
This thread is still going on? this is just stupid.
MK3 SL÷CUS
Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #68
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114522
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
and as for the anti kia go ford thing, I'd own a POS hyundai veloster turbo over anything else on the market today lol.

People need to stop looking at manufacturers, and more towards the car.. because they all aren't the same. I've worked on a few chevys, dodges, fords, etc.. and I found more than a few parts under the hood that said "made in canada" or "made in mexico" so the whole "made in merica" thing should just stop lol.
MK3 SL÷CUS
Old 06-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #69
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl

I have no issue at all with being made in Canada and Mexico, actually have family that are from Mexico and my dad has worked in Canada a lot (pretty much second home).

We just have a bad vibe with cars like Toyota, Kia, Honda, etc... Too many bad stories to list but lets just say people have gotten hurt. MAYBE its just a coincidence, idk...

And like Dyno stated, we all have our own opinions and that shouldn't allow people to be disrespectful. Ones opinion is merely that... Whether the other guy likes it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #70
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
Yeah, but what you do say is all we have to go on. There is no context otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
As pointed out above, moderation generally only occurs in incidences of blatant insults or harassment.
I can actually vouch for this. I disagree and get rowdy all the time, yet I haven't been bugged by any mods for years.

Bookmarks & Social Networks