Facepalm.... Kia - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #61
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl
 
|Heath_Bar|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99942
Location: Macomb, MI
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

Posts: 3,071
FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
I'm trying to not be unreasonable here, but your argument is absolute shit, lady.

"All Oriental cars look bad." So you have a preconceived notion about any car from Korea, Japan, or China, that they're ugly automatically because of their origin. We're off to a great start here...

"Being made locally in Wayne." It's being assembled in Wayne by Americans. It's not made there, with all local parts. It's not 1964 anymore. The car was designed by Ford's European division, just like the MK1 was. Your car is no more "American" than my Mexican-assembled MK1.

"I like my Fords and Saabs..." Any new Korean car is better than a Saab. Because Saab is gone, thanks to another American company. And Saab was Swedish, not Swiss.

You people are arguing your own argument... We all have opinions. What your saying isn't going to change my mind lol, but nice try folks.

__________________
|Performance Blue Hatchback|
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
|Heath_Bar| is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #62
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl
 
|Heath_Bar|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99942
Location: Macomb, MI
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

Posts: 3,071
FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Also read what your even arguing about... I'm not arguing here I'm stating MY OPINION...
__________________
|Performance Blue Hatchback|
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
|Heath_Bar| is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #63
Nevin W
Focus Addict
 
Nevin W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98043
Location: North Vancouver, BC, Canada
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

Posts: 982
FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
How long till this thread is locked? Stay tuned to find out! Lol

Nevin
__________________
PNW Crew #45
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - Current
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - For Sale/not for sale/written off/fixing and selling/I dont even know...
Nevin
Nevin W is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #64
Slo86GT
Focus Addict
 
Slo86GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88885
Location: Hockley, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

Posts: 724
FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Never. Mods will just delete one side of the argument that they decide to find fault in... or at least that's how I take the past few moderations I've been a part of.
__________________
2013 Focus SE 5M Daily Driver
2003 Mustang GT V8/Auto Wife's Daily
1986 Mustang GT V8/5M Toy
- Jody -
Slo86GT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #65
EggYolkBill
Moderator
 
EggYolkBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 8
Location: Braselton, GA
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

Posts: 1,025
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It will get moderated when the insults start flying. Insulting a previous poster does not make your point any more valid or important. It only shows a lack of maturity and lopsided thinking.

Whether ONE particular car model has more local content is NOT the point. Overall corporate behavior and contributions is the point. You can ignore this all you want, and justify your stance however you want, but that will not make that point any less true or important.

I also think most Asian cars are either ugly or a copy of something else. There are very few exceptions to this. Although I admit there are some that I find appealing. I am not here to tell anyone else what products to buy. Therefore this is a discussion and not an argument.

Finally, the MK3 was not developed solely by Ford of Europe. It was developed jointly as a global model.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
EggYolkBill is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #66
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

Posts: 11,312
FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Never. Mods will just delete one side of the argument that they decide to find fault in... or at least that's how I take the past few moderations I've been a part of.
I just went through your posts back until January. You've only had posts deleted in two separate incidences, and in both situations you were not the only one that had posts deleted as both sides of the situation were silenced. If you feel that you have been moderated against too many times, maybe it is a good time to take a look at the things you're saying. If it were something deemed to be a serious issue, then you would have had a warning or infraction.

As pointed out above, moderation generally only occurs in incidences of blatant insults or harassment. Actual civil discussion and debate is encouraged and recommended. If nobody had differences, everybody would drive the same car with the same options and same mods. That would be boring. Not everybody knows everything, and having two knowledgeable sides discussing their knowledge or opinions is beneficial to everyone. When both sides butt heads, everyone witnessing benefits from the pros and cons debate-whether they agree or not.

Having a differing opinion doesn't make someone wrong per-se, it just makes them wrong to another group. Someone whom is into stance is deemed 'wrong' by those that aren't. Someone whom is into lifted trucks is deemed 'wrong' by those that aren't. I think the point is pretty much the same regardless of the situation. There are only two types of people in this world-those that believe that there are two types of people and those that don't. Figure out what you believe in and then debate it against someone whom knows the other side and is smart and respectful about it. You may learn something.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #67
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast
 
MG_MK3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Fan#: 114522
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

Posts: 421
FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This thread is still going on? this is just stupid.
__________________
2013 "Blue Candy" Focus Hatchback SE/DCT
AEM CAI | Steeda RMM | ST wing | TTR UMM
Fswerks Race Exhaust | Rokblokz rally flaps | Eibach Sportlines
MK3 SL÷CUS
MG_MK3 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #68
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast
 
MG_MK3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Fan#: 114522
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

Posts: 421
FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
and as for the anti kia go ford thing, I'd own a POS hyundai veloster turbo over anything else on the market today lol.

People need to stop looking at manufacturers, and more towards the car.. because they all aren't the same. I've worked on a few chevys, dodges, fords, etc.. and I found more than a few parts under the hood that said "made in canada" or "made in mexico" so the whole "made in merica" thing should just stop lol.
__________________
2013 "Blue Candy" Focus Hatchback SE/DCT
AEM CAI | Steeda RMM | ST wing | TTR UMM
Fswerks Race Exhaust | Rokblokz rally flaps | Eibach Sportlines
MK3 SL÷CUS
MG_MK3 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #69
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-TÝ-Kűhl
 
|Heath_Bar|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99942
Location: Macomb, MI
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

Posts: 3,071
FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have no issue at all with being made in Canada and Mexico, actually have family that are from Mexico and my dad has worked in Canada a lot (pretty much second home).

We just have a bad vibe with cars like Toyota, Kia, Honda, etc... Too many bad stories to list but lets just say people have gotten hurt. MAYBE its just a coincidence, idk...

And like Dyno stated, we all have our own opinions and that shouldn't allow people to be disrespectful. Ones opinion is merely that... Whether the other guy likes it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
__________________
|Performance Blue Hatchback|
!Sonic's MK3 Crew #027!
[Rally Revolution #001]
\Hatch Nation #007/
|Heath_Bar| is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #70
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer
 
Malibooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 68054
Location: NYC, NY
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 2,090
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartford4334 View Post
ALSO there are many reasons formed to make an opinion, so there should not be any judgment based off others views...
Yeah, but what you do say is all we have to go on. There is no context otherwise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
As pointed out above, moderation generally only occurs in incidences of blatant insults or harassment.
I can actually vouch for this. I disagree and get rowdy all the time, yet I haven't been bugged by any mods for years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBomb
Omaha is worthless besides the World Series of College Baseball and horny white girls that for some odd reason find me attractive.
Malibooya is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.