Facepalm.... Kia - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
novus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Points 906, Level 16
Points: 906, Level: 16 Points: 906, Level: 16 Points: 906, Level: 16
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 5 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
The review admits that the Forte does not hit the sweet spot of fun, comfort or refinement of the Focus (see video starting at 2:19).
But feature comforts? Heated and cooled seats? Heated steering wheel?
Not to mention, UVO system that's better than MFT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,703, Level 38
Points: 3,703, Level: 38 Points: 3,703, Level: 38 Points: 3,703, Level: 38
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by novus View Post
But feature comforts? Heated and cooled seats? Heated steering wheel?
Not to mention, UVO system that's better than MFT.
If you read up on their "UVO" system, it developed in conjunction with Microsoft...just like MFT.

The Forte does beat the Focus with cooled seats and heated steering wheel, but overall, the reviewer still concludes that the Focus has a better "overall" refinement. (I didn't say it...he did)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #33
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 1,766, Level 24
Points: 1,766, Level: 24 Points: 1,766, Level: 24 Points: 1,766, Level: 24
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Drop that 274-horse 2.0 in a fully loaded EX and that'd be a pretty sweet car.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #34
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 3,247, Level 35
Points: 3,247, Level: 35 Points: 3,247, Level: 35 Points: 3,247, Level: 35
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #35
Miller88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73790
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SE 5 Speed

Points 1,488, Level 21
Points: 1,488, Level: 21 Points: 1,488, Level: 21 Points: 1,488, Level: 21
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 5 Miller88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Idiot.

The name of the company that sells these vehicles might be Korean, but the design and production are mostly handled in America.

Kia/Hyundai builds a good product and anyone who dismisses them based on where the CEO lives is a tard.
They've made great strides! There aren't any vehicles that I'd buy from either manufacturer right now, but they make good vehicles.

A lot better than their early 00s stuff that had abandon Chrysler and Mitsubishi powertranes in them ...
Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Quote:
Idiot.

The name of the company that sells these vehicles might be Korean, but the design and production are mostly handled in America.

Kia/Hyundai builds a good product and anyone who dismisses them based on where the CEO lives is a tard.

The hell they do.

My ex owned two of those bastardized hunks of metal called Kia automobiles and on BOTH of them the Dashboards curled up and BURNED from the SUN.

On her second one, after they enacted the 5 year warranty. The A/C compressor went out in the 2nd year and the 4th year. The brakes went bad in the 3rd year (which we had to pay for both the pads and the rotors because as the tech said, "The rotors are so cheap and thin they can't be turned and tend to warp easily.".... With electrical issues (Kia's hallmark) starting at almost exactly the 5 year mark when the warranty came up. Even the Cobalt Coupe we replaced it with was better. The Interior fell apart (GM hallmark) but at least we had no major mechanical issues over the course of ownership.

The car drove for crap, sounded like crap, and was crap.

I don't care that they have some guy from Audi designing the cars now. they are still built with the cheapest parts possible. When you buy a Kia, you NEED that 5 year warranty. Expect to have your car down for service for at least a month within that 5 year time span, and probably more like 3 months depending on how lucky you are.

The second time around my Ex fell for the classic line "Oh our cars are much better now than they were. None of those problems exist anymore". A year later and the dashboard is on back order because EVERYONE's dashboards are melting and burning in the sun. Eff that.

It's the first and only brand new car I have ever seen where the dash board just curls up and BURNS in sunlight for no reason at all. (and no, Armor-all was not used on either car's dashboard).

Nowadays it's the electrical issues that will leave the cars dead in the middle of intersections. No thanks man. Sell it somewhere else. maybe on a Kia forum. The Kumho tires that I just had to replace (thanks for cheap tires Ford) were dry rotting after only 4 years and 25k miles. The treads were nearly gone. The tire compound became so HARD that it made the car feel like it didn't have a suspension at all. Korean tires.... The only thing that comes out of Korea that is worth a damn is some Samsung products.

And for the price that they build these cars at, they sure do like to charge what everyone else is charging. They are making huge profits on these cars, this is how they can afford the extended warranties on them. The warranty is built into the price of the car. The prices for these Kia and Hyundai vehicles are just outrageous considering the cheapness of the parts and the way they drive is a joke. Honda's CRX built back in the later half of the 80's handled and drove a hell of a lot better than Kia and Hyundai cars do today. It may have been a rustbucket waiting to happen (Honda's trademark), but it was pretty fun to drive for what it was.

Life is too short to drive a car that A: feels cheap, B: is not fun to drive C: causes frustration and aggravation. (this does not REQUIRE turbo's and high HP engines, it helps, but doesn't require it. A good handling car can make up for a lot of that).

Even my wife's Nissan feels cheap. Her 2012 Sentra (she picked it) has an interior that feels cheap compared to my 2009 Focus. The Focus handles better, drives better, and feels peppier, and it's three years older than her Sentra. But her Sentra rides SMOOTH and QUIET which is what she wanted (though she still bugs me to drive my car a LOT because she likes how it takes the turns).

Just FYI. My new tires are quiet, and I feel like I have a suspension again.

I'm just a bit sad that I won't be able to get another car like the Focus I have now for the price I paid. After everything was said and done I walked away with a car that had everything but leather for 13k. Car had 22 miles on it when I bought it, before I had them drive it over to my dealership. MSRP was 19,300.00 I still have the sticker for it in the Glove Box.

For a Comparable Focus Today, I'd have to spend closer to 25k after a lot of negotiating.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #37
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,791, Level 38
Points: 3,791, Level: 38 Points: 3,791, Level: 38 Points: 3,791, Level: 38
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
The hell they do.
Another opinion from the south. Y'all are getting mighty vocal about these here korean cars!
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #38
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Quote:
Another opinion from the south. Y'all are getting mighty vocal about these here korean cars!
News flash bubba. I've lived in California, Florida, Illinois, and a host of other states.

I grew up in California. Kia is Krap.

So take that prejudice you have for southerners and stick it, mkay?

I had the luxury of dealing with TWO of those damned vehicles. Never again.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #39
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

Points 4,103, Level 40
Points: 4,103, Level: 40 Points: 4,103, Level: 40 Points: 4,103, Level: 40
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Quote:
Relying on stereotypes and being from Kansas hardly seems like a smart idea.

I was born and raised in MI. I only drive American cars. There goes that southern stereotype.

I choose to support companies who support more local companies whenever I have a choice. Nothing red neck about it. Buy a foreign product and you are providing more support to a foreign land than your own. If said country engages in fair trade with our imports, it balances out. When said country puts up barriers to fair trade I do everything in my power to avoid them.

When you buy a local (in this case American) you are supporting not only the brand but all of the local suppliers, business nearby, etc.

This is not an America vs Korea issue. Japan is worse and China is the worst in this regard. This is simple economics.

So, put your head in the sand if you choose. It doesn't mean I have to follow suit. Many of our current economic issues are due to job loss. Where do you think these jobs have gone? Keep telling yourself it doesn't matter. I would buy a product from Brazil or Mexico before any Asian country. It is not bias, it is based on economics and history.

As far as copying styling. Hyundai and Kia have been copying European Ford designs for several years already. The only foreign cars that are of interest to me are German.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

Points 3,070, Level 34
Points: 3,070, Level: 34 Points: 3,070, Level: 34 Points: 3,070, Level: 34
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Oooo you're from GEORGIA! Watch out! He's about to point the Rebel-Radar at you too!!
- Jody -

Bookmarks & Social Networks