My Backup Camera Install - Lock Pick - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #71
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
Please explain how you have your trunk/hatch release button and your license plate light wired because they use the stock 12v+/ground wiring that you removed from your original. They do not get powered by the Lockpick.
Im sorry. I confused myself. lol. Your correct. The light and hatch opening are powered by the stock 12 V thats there.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #72
Shawnv200
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116495
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Shawnv200 Good Standing Member
How did you get the inner trim off the hatch? I'm stumped, and have searched the forums, YouTube, etc. for some pix. I've got a 2013 SE Hatch.

Looks great, BTW!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #73
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnv200 View Post
How did you get the inner trim off the hatch? I'm stumped, and have searched the forums, YouTube, etc. for some pix. I've got a 2013 SE Hatch.

Looks great, BTW!
Go to post #54 in this thread.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #74
Shawnv200
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116495
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Shawnv200 Good Standing Member
Thanks, not sure how I missed that. I'm unclear on the "remove cover from grab handles." Does that mean pull the cover away starting at the grab handles, or is there a cover over each of the grab handles? In looking at mine, it looks to be a single piece of trim, including the grab handles.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #75
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Take a closer look at each grab handle. Rock the trim forward and backward til the covers come off each grab handle..
Old 07-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #76
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

I am still having the blinking light problem and i took the light apart to try to fix it by wiggling the wire but nothing has helped. I am wondering if the light is malfunctioning or the car is rejecting the aftermarket light. IT IS LITERALLY BLINKING LIKE A TURN SIGNAL but i just cant figure out why... The light that i am talking about is the light that is built into camera unit that flingwing1969 used himself. It is powered by the existing wiring from the original license plate light. I do not know why it is blinking but i need it fixed asap and was wondering if any of you could help!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #77
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I am still having the blinking light problem and i took the light apart to try to fix it by wiggling the wire but nothing has helped. I am wondering if the light is malfunctioning or the car is rejecting the aftermarket light. IT IS LITERALLY BLINKING LIKE A TURN SIGNAL but i just cant figure out why... The light that i am talking about is the light that is built into camera unit that flingwing1969 used himself. It is powered by the existing wiring from the original license plate light. I do not know why it is blinking but i need it fixed asap and was wondering if any of you could help!
I think the OP powered his backup cam from the lockpick. Something about the lockpick suggested that it be wired this way. If you powered it from the license plate light, how does the camera work when your lights are off? Can you post pics or a video of the blinking light?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #78
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

I just started my new job the other day so I have been really busy (none the less very grateful that I got the job), but I need my car (and I don't need any more tickets nor will my insurance let me get any more...) so I shot this video really quick so if you still are unclear about anything then just ask away. Thank you to all of you who are helping me with this problem.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and just to reiterate, the Camera is powered by the lockpick, and the light and trunk button are powered by the stock power supply but it is an all in one unit.

Last edited by aperson9923; 07-15-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #79
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I just started my new job the other day so I have been really busy (none the less very grateful that I got the job), but I need my car (and I don't need any more tickets nor will my insurance let me get any more...) so I shot this video really quick so if you still are unclear about anything then just ask away. Thank you to all of you who are helping me with this problem.
and just to reiterate, the Camera is powered by the lockpick, and the light and trunk button are powered by the stock power supply but it is an all in one unit.
So that's the license plate light that is built into the new camera housing then. Happens all the time, correct? I would think so since the wiring for both the camera and the trunk release/light are separate. Might just be a faulty unit. I believe that part of the install is just "plug & play" (trunk release/light). Probably need to hear from other people that have that specific model though. It's interesting, I was just looking to purchase that exact camera, but I might have to hold off a bit until we figure this out.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #80
SulavT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93904
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 1 SulavT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaoman View Post

I just installed mine too, the only thing I didn't like was how the camera picks up the bottom of the trunk/car, I don't know how to explain it but you can see it in your first pic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->