My Backup Camera Install - Lock Pick - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #61
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast
 
Titanium Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98460
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

Posts: 162
FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Do you think that the Lock Pick disables them or simply does not allow you to use them with video in motion?
The way I understood it is Ford disables some features like video playback through your factory A/V inputs and some voice commands for Nav when the vehicle is in anything other than "Park". What Lockpick does is override Ford's safety feature by letting you watch video and input some voice commands that are normally disabled while the car is in motion. This is accomplished by placing dip 5 in the down position and setting it to on by pulling the voice button for three seconds and hearing one beep. I cannot, at this moment program my Lockpick to do this.

(quote from Lockpick instructions)
"Activate the VOICE button on your steering wheel and hold it for 3 seconds to turn on the Lockpick
Override functions. This will fully enable the factory A/V jacks in your console plus navigation input
functions. Activate the Voice button and hold for 3 seconds to turn the override Off. The Lockpick will
send a beep through your radio system to acknowledge when it is turned On and two beeps when it is
turned Of"
__________________
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
09 Yamaha FZ6R
Titanium Tony is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #62
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast
 
flingwing1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91700
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulavT View Post
This is awesome! The backup camera I got is hooked up in my license plate frame and just sticks out, I think it looks ugly. But it was free that came when I purchased a Chinese AU from OttoNavi.. I'll definitely be buying this camera since it doesn't stick out at all. Thanks man, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making the tutorial.
My pleasure SulavT.
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 303A, moon roof, etc
2012 Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport
1975 Jeep CJ -built
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
flingwing1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #63
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast
 
flingwing1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91700
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
The way I understood it is Ford disables some features like video playback through your factory A/V inputs and some voice commands for Nav when the vehicle is in anything other than "Park". What Lockpick does is override Ford's safety feature by letting you watch video and input some voice commands that are normally disabled while the car is in motion. This is accomplished by placing dip 5 in the down position and setting it to on by pulling the voice button for three seconds and hearing one beep. I cannot, at this moment program my Lockpick to do this.

(quote from Lockpick instructions)
"Activate the VOICE button on your steering wheel and hold it for 3 seconds to turn on the Lockpick
Override functions. This will fully enable the factory A/V jacks in your console plus navigation input
functions. Activate the Voice button and hold for 3 seconds to turn the override Off. The Lockpick will
send a beep through your radio system to acknowledge when it is turned On and two beeps when it is
turned Of"
I think the problem might be activating dip 5 to on. The manual says that Dip 5 disables the factory A/V over ride "5. Place 5 Down to disable override features for factory A/V input and navigation input in
motion." essentially returning the OEM A/V to the way it came from the factory - viewable only while in park. I think if you turn Dip 5 off and then push the voice paddle for 3 seconds, just like you said. I think Dip 5 on is there if you have a teen driver who doesn't need any more distractions while driving. What do you think?
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 303A, moon roof, etc
2012 Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport
1975 Jeep CJ -built
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
flingwing1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #64
focusforeva
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113219
Location: LA, United States
What I Drive: 2013 focus

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 focusforeva Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just ordered NavTool for my car, let see how that works
focusforeva is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #65
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast
 
flingwing1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91700
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Posts: 455
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusforeva View Post
I just ordered NavTool for my car, let see how that works
That will be interesting. How much for the unit? Have you actually ordered one? The website says "Coming soon" when I click on the Focus, Fusion, and Taurus is why I ask.

I checked the install instructions and didn't find the Focus listed - although it is listed on their site as being available. Connection is a little different like connecting power from the car's backup light source but quite a bit similar otherwise - plug and play but not quite as easy as the Lock Pick 2. One fewer RCA plugs but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the extra one on the Lock Pick anyway.

You'll have to do a thread on your experience. Make sure you post a link here if you do so we can see how things go.
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 303A, moon roof, etc
2012 Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport
1975 Jeep CJ -built
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
flingwing1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #66
focusforeva
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113219
Location: LA, United States
What I Drive: 2013 focus

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 focusforeva Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I Paid $500 for NavTool, will be installing this weekend
focusforeva is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #67
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast
 
aperson9923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90061
Location: Bay Area - Marin County, CA
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Posts: 263
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am in need of help. I installed the LockPick and camera mentioned above without any problems and it all works great EXCEPT for the light on the camera turns on and off constantly, not necessarily flickering, but a timed on and off. Blinking. I cant have this at night as I dont want extra attention from local cops. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
2012 Sterling Grey Metallic Ford Focus Titanium Hatch
401A, Navi, MFT, Rain Sensing Wipers
Built: 11/28/11 Arrived: 12/16/11 (4 Miles)
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
aperson9923 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #68
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast
 
Titanium Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98460
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

Posts: 162
FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I am in need of help. I installed the LockPick and camera mentioned above without any problems and it all works great EXCEPT for the light on the camera turns on and off constantly, not necessarily flickering, but a timed on and off. Blinking. I cant have this at night as I dont want extra attention from local cops. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.
Light turns on and off? What camera did you install? Is this "light" built into the camera for your license plate or are your reverse lights turning on and off, details?
__________________
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
09 Yamaha FZ6R
Titanium Tony is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #69
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast
 
aperson9923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90061
Location: Bay Area - Marin County, CA
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Posts: 263
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
Light turns on and off? What camera did you install? Is this "light" built into the camera for your license plate or are your reverse lights turning on and off, details?
I used the camera mentioned by flingwing1969. It has a loght built into it and mine blinks. Almost like a turn signal. This doesnt make sense to me because if something was wrong with the electrical, (same 3 cables, power, ground, and video) power the light, camera and trunk switch. So if the the power cable was broken, you would think that the camera feed would blink as well. And i want to reiterate, It is not flickering, but rather blinking.
__________________
2012 Sterling Grey Metallic Ford Focus Titanium Hatch
401A, Navi, MFT, Rain Sensing Wipers
Built: 11/28/11 Arrived: 12/16/11 (4 Miles)
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
aperson9923 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #70
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast
 
Titanium Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98460
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

Posts: 162
FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
(same 3 cables, power, ground, and video) power the light, camera and trunk switch.
Please explain how you have your trunk/hatch release button and your license plate light wired because they use the stock 12v+/ground wiring that you removed from your original. They do not get powered by the Lockpick.
__________________
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
09 Yamaha FZ6R
Titanium Tony is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.