Intermittent Engine Power Reduction - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
yoshi1015
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115360
What I Drive: 2013 Black Ford Focus Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 1 yoshi1015 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olek101 View Post
I also had this happen to me but it was not hot outside ~20 deg C. Would would rev super slow.

-2012 SE HB
-30000 km
-Manual trans
-No mods
ok you are right i had it happen to me twice yesterday and it wasn't too hot.. it revved super slow and shift like into 3rd gear at 20 miles per hour. weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
svt4cobra6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115983
What I Drive: Silver 2013 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 svt4cobra6 Good Standing Member
This also happened to me less than a week after I bought it. Driving to work, turned it off and back on again fixed it. Coolant was good, checked the codes and nothing. Took it back to Ford and they couldn't find anything either. Didn't really mind driving around the 40k+ Lincoln loaner for a few days though.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
SlammedHarleyIron12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114913
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE 201a package

FF Reputation: 1 SlammedHarleyIron12 Good Standing Member
This happened to me with 250 miles on the car..........seems when the weather gets hot, 90 or better this happens........LIMP MODE, took the car to the dealership as soon as it happened but stupid me shut the car off after getting at the dealership.......they hooked it up to a scanner and no codes were showing and they couldn't reproduce the symptoms I had experienced..........

Either way go to the dealership and have them file a incident report, this may save your ass later down the road if something major happens
from all my research it could be anything from corrupt software in the cars computer...which may need a reflash or there is no throttle cable in the newer focus' and the acceleration is done electronically with issues that happen to show from time to time with the electronic link that controls that
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
I also had this happen to me once. I was heading down the interstate at about 65-70 mph. Car produced the same symptoms as others have stated. Car wouldnt accelarate at all hardly. Even downshifting from 5th to 3rd gear the car still wouldnt accelerate hardly at all. Hasnt happened since though.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103288
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black focus s

FF Reputation: 1 Zuesskroph Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Had this happen twice and took it to the dealer and they just kinda shrugged and said "no codes derp"
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
yoshi1015
Focus Enthusiast

ok here is my experiment.... I put the stock intake back on and I am on day 3 with no symptoms reoccurring. now it has been under 85 degrees but a heat wave is coming later this week and we will see.

my car was going into this weird limp mode thing regularly when it was hot outside or traffic was heavy.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
desotojohn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117269
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 desotojohn Good Standing Member
2012 Focus 2.0 Limp Home & Oil Issues

I bought a new 2012 Focus a few months ago. With 4000 miles on it, the oil light came on. Turns out there was no oil on the dip stick. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong, so they gave it an oil change.

Last week it went into limp home mode coming home from work. The temp gauge did not indicate overheating or fault indications. I drove directly to the dealer. I don't think they are taking these issues seriously.

BTW, it got 29 mpg when new. Now at 4500 miles I get 25 mph all the time. I tried cruise at 55 mph on the freeway, reset the mpg and the best it would do is 25 mph.

Anyone care to guess what is wrong with this car?

John
Old 07-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
CJ148941
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115820
What I Drive: 2011 Black SE, 2.0L 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 CJ148941 Good Standing Member
This might be traction control (TC) systems having false readings, I haven't happen with my 2011 with TC, yet, but the government have mandated all cars built come standard with TC. Engine being sluggish, lack of power sound like the system trying to slow down the wheels "spinning" even thou they aren't.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
yoshi1015
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotojohn View Post
I bought a new 2012 Focus a few months ago. With 4000 miles on it, the oil light came on. Turns out there was no oil on the dip stick. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong, so they gave it an oil change.

Last week it went into limp home mode coming home from work. The temp gauge did not indicate overheating or fault indications. I drove directly to the dealer. I don't think they are taking these issues seriously.

BTW, it got 29 mpg when new. Now at 4500 miles I get 25 mph all the time. I tried cruise at 55 mph on the freeway, reset the mpg and the best it would do is 25 mph.

Anyone care to guess what is wrong with this car?

John
are your tires and rims original from the factory and what is the tire pressure? this can greatly effect drag thus making less mpg. When I am on the fwy at 65 mpgs I average 38mpg and combined city and fwy is 33.6. Since I bought my focus I have been at 32.9 combined and I have 16,500 miles on it.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #20
focus12se
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 166202
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 focus12se Good Standing Member
Exclamation Unknown problem - DTC's p0884, p0607, p068B

Hello All,

I am new to the focus forums, and new to my 2012 focus (9 months). I have searched and searched on the web and in this and other forums for a description of my problem. I have found many similarities, but no exact cause.

I really don't mean to thread hijack, but i am in dire straights right now with this situation. My car is intermittently throwing DTC's p0884, p0607, p068B. This started two weeks ago, never happened before. ~76,000 miles on the car, it's a 2012 Focus SE hatchback 2.0L.

When the issue happens, the car loses all power, will not rev over 1500 RPMs, sputters at idle, the shift indicator lights flash, the CEL comes on, and the above mentioned codes show up.

All the information (except what i've found here) has indicated the need for a PCM re-flash, or the scraping of paint off of the engine ground wires. I have removed the paint from as many grounds as i could find but the issue persists.

I am at a loss. I understand the information in the forums is not a hand out, but if there is any information you have regarding this or a similar issue, based on my description, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks