Spin Move Customs Mk3 Projector headlights - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #51
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 10 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMarcox View Post
No one cares about me, lol, i'll get one by myself :P

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin Move Customs View Post
We will look into shipping options and see what the cost will be so you can make an informed decision.
^^

Yeah we do buddy please PM your details to Spin Move Customs

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #52
xMarcox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105697
What I Drive: Focus mk3 2012 Sport 115 Tdci

FF Reputation: 1 xMarcox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767 View Post
^^

Yeah we do buddy please PM your details to Spin Move Customs
wow! my fault! lol thanks dude! ;)

Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #53
Spin Move Customs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 115344
What I Drive: Focus mk3

FF Reputation: 3 Spin Move Customs Good Standing Member
First, allow us to apologize for our apparent lack of involvement in our thread yesterday and to extend a thanks to the great mods on this site for keeping this thread on track. We're a company made up of people that have a heart for the Mk3 Focus, but also people that have day-jobs and outside responsibilities.

I'd like to take this opportunity to clear up some erroneous and inaccurate information.

SMC officially became a company in the State of New Mexico in January of 2013 and unofficially here on Focus Fanatics in November of 2012. We are in no way affiliated with, nor know anything about another company on another website, selling headlights. We, at this point, are exclusive to FF and this community. What that means is that we do not yet have an eBay account, we do have a website in development, we have a Facebook page that has been up and running for many months, but are only offering these headlights, as of now, to this site and its members. Along those lines, SMC has been in talks with Tom (owner of this site) for some time about vendor status. Any connection with a business that is selling headlights on another site (etc.) is sheer coincidence.

As it goes, you can only be one of two things in the business world: a legitimate business or a charity. A charity runs on donations whereas a business runs on consumers. We have set out to bring unique and in-demand products to the Mk3 community; we are out to make profits in order to fund this goal, not pad our bank accounts. Our prices are established with that in mind, nothing more.

Speaking of prices, ours are firm. We have done some extensive research over the last couple of months in order to provide a price point that was well below what was offered on eBay and like sources. We researched retrofit lights as well, to include phone calls with retro-fitters. These calls gave us a very good idea of the work, time, and money involved with that; we've established our prices with that in mind. Our prices are fair and firm. Obviously, there are going to be instances where you, as a customer, might be able to find a set that you like cheaper than ours. That is what makes business beautiful, we certainly can't blame you!

It has been asked about getting different quantities of headlights and whether or not that will affect the pricing. The answer is no, different quantities at this point will not affect pricing because DHL is the limiter in the equation. Sizing limitations that DHL has begins to impact the pricing at anything over 10 headlights. We are still in discussions with our supplier about this and will bring you any developments that occur. At this point though the group-buy will remain at 10 headlights. Having said that, however, if we have 20 + people that want to purchase, and we can find a way with our supplier to get a quantity that large here at a lower price -- that savings will be passed on to everyone.

It has been mentioned that our lights are the same as another member's lights that he received directly from China; though they are similar, they are not. Our headlights come from a major manufacturer and have been shown to be slightly different, specifically in the wiring. Zhadan has done some great work by sharing the Chinese 'eBay' with FF, and members have that option available to him. Our manufacturer builds for many different companies and we happen to be using one of their vendors; one of many that we researched and negotiated with to provide the best possible price to you. The question was asked about what projector lenses were used and our vendor has stated that the lenses were the "Audi Q5 design." We hope that provides better clarification.

We do offer something unique from anything that can be had from any other source: Hands on testing, and American sourced HID kits. Our HID kits will be coming from www.retro-solutions.com and packaged with the headlights for the customers that chose that option. These are warrantied as well. Your lights will be tested, fitted, and plug-and-play.

Again, thank you for your patience with us.

SMC

Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #54
iAmTitanium
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114637
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 0 iAmTitanium Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
@SMC you guys have handled this admirably. Being a only 4 week new MK3 owner and having owner 3 prev foci and been in and watched a lot of issues on the forums, you guys have handled the nay sayers very well so kudos to you.

Having said that please put me in as one of those 10 (if there is any more room) for purchase of the option 3 pre-HID fitted headlights. For 599+US shipping pre tested and plug and play. Its worth the piece of mind.

Question is do we have an option with HID of what color temp and balast wattage we can get AKA 55W and 5500K or 35W and 4700K ect? Are they slim balast?

Thank you and good luck with the rest of the conspiracy theorist on here.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #55
Spin Move Customs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTitanium View Post
@SMC you guys have handled this admirably. Being a only 4 week new MK3 owner and having owner 3 prev foci and been in and watched a lot of issues on the forums, you guys have handled the nay sayers very well so kudos to you.

Having said that please put me in as one of those 10 (if there is any more room) for purchase of the option 3 pre-HID fitted headlights. For 599+US shipping pre tested and plug and play. Its worth the piece of mind.

Question is do we have an option with HID of what color temp and balast wattage we can get AKA 55W and 5500K or 35W and 4700K ect? Are they slim balast?

Thank you and good luck with the rest of the conspiracy theorist on here.
You are on the list now. The kit that we are using is only available with 35w balasts, they are indeed slim balasts. The color temp options are 3000k, 4300k, 6000k, 8000k and 10000k.

If you do want a 55w kit we can get one for you, but it is $75 more expensive than the 35w kit.

Last edited by Spin Move Customs; 06-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #56
xMarcox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105697
What I Drive: Focus mk3 2012 Sport 115 Tdci

FF Reputation: 1 xMarcox Good Standing Member
And what kind of bulbs? are they DS2 OSRAM?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #57
Spin Move Customs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMarcox View Post
And what kind of bulbs? are they DS2 OSRAM?
They are H7 bulbs.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #58
craigdmb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115141
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus Diesel Sport

FF Reputation: 1 craigdmb Good Standing Member
Hi guys, definitely interested in this. Any ideas of what I would be looking at for shipping to Australia. Would rather support the SMC guys that have tested the kit than risk an unknown Ebay purchase.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #59
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 10 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb View Post
Hi guys, definitely interested in this. Any ideas of what I would be looking at for shipping to Australia. Would rather support the SMC guys that have tested the kit than risk an unknown Ebay purchase.
Hey mate. Sorry but as I said on the other thread these are for the US and LHD countries. Believe me I'm hunting for an Aussie solution.

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,

Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #60
zhadan1205
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103111
What I Drive: 2012 silvery focus

FF Reputation: 0 zhadan1205 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin Move Customs View Post
First, allow us to apologize for our apparent lack of involvement in our thread yesterday and to extend a thanks to the great mods on this site for keeping this thread on track. We're a company made up of people that have a heart for the Mk3 Focus, but also people that have day-jobs and outside responsibilities.

I'd like to take this opportunity to clear up some erroneous and inaccurate information.

SMC officially became a company in the State of New Mexico in January of 2013 and unofficially here on Focus Fanatics in November of 2012. We are in no way affiliated with, nor know anything about another company on another website, selling headlights. We, at this point, are exclusive to FF and this community. What that means is that we do not yet have an eBay account, we do have a website in development, we have a Facebook page that has been up and running for many months, but are only offering these headlights, as of now, to this site and its members. Along those lines, SMC has been in talks with Tom (owner of this site) for some time about vendor status. Any connection with a business that is selling headlights on another site (etc.) is sheer coincidence.

As it goes, you can only be one of two things in the business world: a legitimate business or a charity. A charity runs on donations whereas a business runs on consumers. We have set out to bring unique and in-demand products to the Mk3 community; we are out to make profits in order to fund this goal, not pad our bank accounts. Our prices are established with that in mind, nothing more.

Speaking of prices, ours are firm. We have done some extensive research over the last couple of months in order to provide a price point that was well below what was offered on eBay and like sources. We researched retrofit lights as well, to include phone calls with retro-fitters. These calls gave us a very good idea of the work, time, and money involved with that; we've established our prices with that in mind. Our prices are fair and firm. Obviously, there are going to be instances where you, as a customer, might be able to find a set that you like cheaper than ours. That is what makes business beautiful, we certainly can't blame you!

It has been asked about getting different quantities of headlights and whether or not that will affect the pricing. The answer is no, different quantities at this point will not affect pricing because DHL is the limiter in the equation. Sizing limitations that DHL has begins to impact the pricing at anything over 10 headlights. We are still in discussions with our supplier about this and will bring you any developments that occur. At this point though the group-buy will remain at 10 headlights. Having said that, however, if we have 20 + people that want to purchase, and we can find a way with our supplier to get a quantity that large here at a lower price -- that savings will be passed on to everyone.

It has been mentioned that our lights are the same as another member's lights that he received directly from China; though they are similar, they are not. Our headlights come from a major manufacturer and have been shown to be slightly different, specifically in the wiring. Zhadan has done some great work by sharing the Chinese 'eBay' with FF, and members have that option available to him. Our manufacturer builds for many different companies and we happen to be using one of their vendors; one of many that we researched and negotiated with to provide the best possible price to you. The question was asked about what projector lenses were used and our vendor has stated that the lenses were the "Audi Q5 design." We hope that provides better clarification.

We do offer something unique from anything that can be had from any other source: Hands on testing, and American sourced HID kits. Our HID kits will be coming from www.retro-solutions.com and packaged with the headlights for the customers that chose that option. These are warrantied as well. Your lights will be tested, fitted, and plug-and-play.

Again, thank you for your patience with us.

SMC

If you checked the Chinese "Ebay" you will find out that every vendor on that site said said their lens is "Q5" design.

May I have your vendor's name or manufacturer's name?

Bookmarks & Social Networks