Spin Move Customs Mk3 Projector headlights - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
CKNairb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109861
What I Drive: Hot wheels

FF Reputation: 0 CKNairb Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
As a moderator, I am a bit appalled at the attacks that are occurring here.
Well im appalled of people trying to nickle and dime, and overcharge stuff and claim " for the community " but hey if thats the community your defending, so be it, i wont be part of it.

L8R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #42
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKNairb View Post
Well im appalled of people trying to nickle and dime, and overcharge stuff and claim " for the community " but hey if thats the community your defending, so be it, i wont be part of it.

L8R
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. There are lots of good members here that have been here for quite a while and have a lot of knowledge. You've only been on here for a few months and as of that post a full third of your activity has solely been here, in this thread, in the last 8 hours. Out of those posts, most have either been incorrect, inaccurate, or just completely wrong and based on conjecture and bad sleuthing.

But if one of the three parts that SMC has offered is the straw for you, then unfortunately it is what it is.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 06-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #43
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
savings is savings no matter how little

Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. There are lots of good members here that have been here for quite a while and have a lot of knowledge. You've only been on here for a few months and as of that post a full third of your activity has solely been here, in this thread, in the last 8 hours. Out of those posts, most have either been incorrect, inaccurate, or just completely wrong and based on conjecture and bad sleuthing.

But if one of the three parts that SMC has offered is the straw for you, then unfortunately it is what it is.
Very well put
http://www.rebeldevil.com

Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #45
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftmetal View Post
Post 19 has your answer and you were quoted.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...4&postcount=19
How is that an answer? Or classified as an answer?
Not sure what kind of shoddy "group buy" they have going on, but every other group buy I have ever been in on; the concept goes a little like this.

The more people that jump in, the more cost savings.

Quote:
As a moderator, I am a bit appalled at the attacks that are occurring here. Even though I am not affiliated with SMC, there is a certain point that I feel compelled to say something in protection of an authorized vendor-new or old.

You guys do understand that vendors financially contribute to our site and its overall day-to-day operations, right? Trying to stop any business/company from vending on here doesn't do anyone at all the slightest bit of good. You aren't compelled to purchase the product, and absolutely nowhere that I'm aware of is it stated that in order to have a group buy that there must be an incremental sales price reduction. Some group buys have that and some don't, but it is ultimately up to the vendor and site owner to work out.

The terms for the group buy are listed and I'm sure that if they were in some sort of violation that the thread would have been shut down by now or would never have been allowed to be posted. Spin Move Customs has been around since the latter part of last year when they offered ST repro spoilers in the group buy, and there have been a couple since. None of their group buys/sales that I'm aware of have been a ladder-type of sales pitch that I am aware of.

It's one thing to ask questions and it's another to harass the vendors. While I understand your perceptions, they are not always reality. If you are confident that you can get a better product cheaper from elsewhere then by all means-that's your right as a customer. But I'm pretty sure that if that were the case you would have done it by now. I've seen OEM headlights that have been fitted with HID's on the BST for $600, and those don't look (inho) nearly as good. It's just OEM with HID in chrome housings.

Ultimately, pointing out the fact that a business-start up or fully established-is trying to make money doesn't make sense. If they weren't trying to make some profits then they would be called a charity. As stated previously, if you disagree with that then you have the right as a customer to not buy the product. But no matter what, I will generally make an attempt to be heard when someone is harassing our vendors whether that is SMC, RDC, SCT, Injected, PCA, or any of the rest. It just isn't conducive to the well-being of the site.
So because they contribute financially to this site they're entitled to protection because a few people decide to ask questions? I think people are getting a little too butt hurt here. Not to mention. Don't all members contribute financially in some way or another?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #46
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by novus View Post
Not sure what kind of shoddy "group buy" they have going on, but every other group buy I have ever been in on; the concept goes a little like this.

The more people that jump in, the more cost savings.

It's classified as an answer because they stated that the cost is the same regardless of how many over 10 are ordered.

So because they contribute financially to this site they're entitled to protection because a few people decide to ask questions? I think people are getting a little too butt hurt here. Not to mention. Don't all members contribute financially in some way or another?
Entitled to protection? Harassment is harassment, regardless of to whom it's directed. It would be one thing if you had valid discussion points, but simply stating that you think you can find them cheaper elsewhere isn't a discussion point. I can find a Typhoon intake for less than what is offered here on occasion, but you don't see me attacking K&N reps. They set their pricing and offer what they can. Sometimes elsewhere is better, but it's never intentionally trying to 'nickel and dime' our members.

You stated in post #14 that you would be better off buying OEM lights and doing a retrofit.

A. Black housing lights are a minimum of $300 a pair.
B. Then you have to buy your HID's.
C. You have to get past the Permaseal without breaking the lens.
D. You have to do the wiring, testing, resealing.
E. You have to hope that after all of that that they don't leak and don't burn out.
F. You can buy a fully retrofitted set of chrome headlights in the BST. How much for non-DRL HID sets? $600 plus shipping.

You can value your time however you want, but if it's cheaper for you to do that then just do it and stop harassing in the thread. If you don't think you're saving money and/or think that you can find it cheaper elsewhere then like I've already said-speak with your wallet and do it.

In post #16 you claim that no one pays you to install a CAI. Good point. But do you have to cut apart the box, find all the pieces, put them all together, test them, and then hope that it works for an entire year? No. Your argument is invalid.

Post #19 directly answers your question, despite your attempts at condescension. Yet from there on out you say 'good luck to your endeavors' but then continue to try and badger SMC into giving an even cheaper price than what the group buy is listed for. No matter how many people give you the answer, you continue to deflect and try to get it cheaper. This isn't a used-car sale. SMC set their pricing in the first post.

You highlight two fragments of everything I posted. Try to read the rest and see the bigger picture here. If you can find it cheaper then I am totally agreeing with you and telling you to go get it cheaper. I'm a firm believer in consumers speaking with their money. If you are that confident and that correct, then just do it and stop ruining this thread for the people that actually are interested in a fully plug-and-play, tested, one-year warrantied set of headlights that, for under $600, are a good deal.

And no, I'm pretty sure that you haven't donated any money to the site in the same manner that vendors have. Again, your argument is invalid. There are plenty of Group-Buy and Vendor threads that are set up identically to this. Obviously you aren't that interested in those products because you aren't harassing them with the exact same reasoning that you give here.

Any further responses can be sent to me directly via PM.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #47
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by novus View Post
Consider that 10 pairs fit into a box. That box won't fit 11 and could fit 9 but would be wasteful. If 10 cost $x to buy and ship and 20 cost $2x to buy and ship and 30 cost $3x to buy and ship........ It's simple math
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #48
Ausv7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84217
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, 1994 black F150

FF Reputation: 3 Ausv7 Good Standing Member
Such an awesome deal and thats awesome quality control :) def something to think about :)

Old 06-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #49
blacksnakesvt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86877
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST (ST3)

FF Reputation: 1 blacksnakesvt Good Standing Member
Would you mind posting more pictures of the cutoff from a farther distance back?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #50
xMarcox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105697
What I Drive: Focus mk3 2012 Sport 115 Tdci

FF Reputation: 1 xMarcox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMarcox View Post
What about me? I am from Spain, could i join the group? :)

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
No one cares about me, lol, i'll get one by myself :P

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

Bookmarks & Social Networks