My 2012 Silver Se Hatch Build Thread - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #31
b1gr3d13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113747
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Silver SE 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 b1gr3d13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshrewz View Post
My buddy got a new hemi challenger, and wanted to see how "slow" my car was, to bad even with not a so great start and TC still on I still beat him.

http://youtu.be/GHQjfltZ7Jg
just watched the vid! was he really racing? i bet he was just a lil mad that a little 4 banger was able to keep up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #32
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Quote:

My dad does collision repair and owns his own shop and they have been around over 26 years, He's Sherwinn Williams A+ certified and he said if you brought him all the pieces and removed them yourself and they were not damaged it be 400 and If you left your car there and he had to remove them it be 550. I can say you could find a cheaper shop but his paint work is honestly second to none.

If interested message me and ill send you shop info
Thanks for the offer; I actually decided to try my hand at painting it myself with kinda mixed results. I'll post a pic later in the MKIII mod thread.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103228
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Se Focus

FF Reputation: 2 theshrewz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3d13 View Post
just watched the vid! was he really racing? i bet he was just a lil mad that a little 4 banger was able to keep up.
Yea he was flooring it, granted it was an automatic, he woulda eventually beat me with some more road cause he caught me at the end, but with a better start and TC off It woulda taken longer
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #34
SteezMuffin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99549
What I Drive: 2009 Sterling Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 SteezMuffin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
My buddy got a new hemi challenger, and wanted to see how "slow" my car was, to bad even with not a so great start and TC still on I still beat him.

http://youtu.be/GHQjfltZ7Jg
This just made my day. I'm at work so I can't spend time going through the whole thread but what engine mods do you have? Exhaust and intake? I've got a buddy who just got a dodge durango with a hemi and its got some balls. I'd love to see how my focus would pair up once I tossed in some engine mods now.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
SR #237 | CUSE
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #35
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezMuffin View Post
This just made my day. I'm at work so I can't spend time going through the whole thread but what engine mods do you have? Exhaust and intake? I've got a buddy who just got a dodge durango with a hemi and its got some balls. I'd love to see how my focus would pair up once I tossed in some engine mods now.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
It made my day to hahah, I have Intake, header, full 2.5 inch exhaust, short shift bracket and my Pirelli P zero's, all lead to the ass handing of the Challenger
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #36
Okidoki78
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90522
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Metallic HB

FF Reputation: 1 Okidoki78 Good Standing Member
Nice car!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #37
b1gr3d13
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Yea he was flooring it, granted it was an automatic, he woulda eventually beat me with some more road cause he caught me at the end, but with a better start and TC off It woulda taken longer
HELL YEAH !!! thats sweet. saw what happened to your car and the roof. glad its all good now. SICK RIDE!! love the custom dual exhaust. Ill be looking into the fswerks stealth and race soon coupled with a CAI. have you put it on a DYNO to see what your gains were?

sorry lotta questions just like your car...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
HELL YEAH !!! thats sweet. saw what happened to your car and the roof. glad its all good now. SICK RIDE!! love the custom dual exhaust. Ill be looking into the fswerks stealth and race soon coupled with a CAI. have you put it on a DYNO to see what your gains were?

sorry lotta questions just like your car...
No there are not any dynos in my area, Another member on this forum has same custom exhaust and Intake setup with the SCT tune and has 177 to the wheels so I figure Im close to that if not on it since I have the Header installed, He has the same header as I do just hasn't installed and Re done Dyno run yet. Im hoping im atleast putting 185 to the wheels after the tune.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
b1gr3d13
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
No there are not any dynos in my area, Another member on this forum has same custom exhaust and Intake setup with the SCT tune and has 177 to the wheels so I figure Im close to that if not on it since I have the Header installed, He has the same header as I do just hasn't installed and Re done Dyno run yet. Im hoping im atleast putting 185 to the wheels after the tune.
Was it cheaper to go with custom work on the exhaust instead of a name brand? Also I have read that going to a dual exhaust messes with flow because its hard to make each side even. Not sure if that is true or if it is even a noticeable effect on power. Do you have any sound clips or videos of what your car sounds like?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #40
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Was it cheaper to go with custom work on the exhaust instead of a name brand? Also I have read that going to a dual exhaust messes with flow because its hard to make each side even. Not sure if that is true or if it is even a noticeable effect on power. Do you have any sound clips or videos of what your car sounds like?
I know the guys at the muffler shop so yea it was cheaper, Espically since i did F2 header it was worth doing it, and it woulda been cheaper with just single exhaust, and like i said other guys making good power with dual exhaust and I like the balanced look at the rear of the car, but hopefully in few weeks ill make a video for sound clips

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->