Where are the bleeder screws located on 2000 Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
gello88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102250
What I Drive: 2000 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 gello88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Where are the bleeder screws located on 2000 Focus?

This may sound like a noob question. Where are the bleeder screws located in a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3? I know the bleeder screws are located near the caliper for disc brakes at the front of the car. My back brakes are drum brakes, where would the bleeder screw be located there? Another noob question: do I need to remove the brake pads/brake shoes when changing brake fluid or can they stay on?

I'm asking because the my brake fluid is due for changing soon and would like to know where things are for the job. Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
my_beautious_ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32386
What I Drive: 2002 charcoal XZ3

FF Reputation: 5 my_beautious_ZX3 Good Standing Member
if I had my wheels off, I'd take a pic for ya.

mine were completely frozen - I even had someone torch them and they still wouldn't budge. So, just be careful not to strip or break them.

Also, I tend to be a little cautious about stuff, so I personally wouldn't use penetrating lube on them.

P.S. no need to remove pads/shoes for bleeding.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 68 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Look at the top back of the caliper, near the slider bolt & hose. For the rear, at the top of the backing plate next to the brake line. If you're lucky, they'll still have the factory rubber caps on them (keeps the dirt out).

I'd actually vote to use penetrant on them, and spray them at least weekly for a couple weeks B4 trying to loosen. Just be careful in front, you don't want to get any oil on pads/rotors for obvious reasons!

On an older car, once they are loose you actually want to pull them out & clean them (blow through, use a small drill bit by hand if needed to clean crud out) then reinstall with some never-seize on the threads B4 bleeding. This will make the process much easier & the lube helps seal the threads so you don't see as many false bubbles when bleeding.

Broken bleeders are a pain, since this is for maintenance you can soak 'em & try again later if any don't want to come out right away.

Clear hose is handiest for bleeding, but any you can drop into a bottle to watch for bubbles in the fluid removed will work to let you see when new clear fluid is coming out.

Luck!

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->