Head questions??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
2011 FOCUS SE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
2011 FOCUS SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108409
Location: Dayton, TX
What I Drive: 2011 FORD FOCUS SE

Posts: 46
FF Reputation: 1 2011 FOCUS SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Head questions???

Ok guys i have everything planned out.. So i am ordering a 2.3 head from ebay here is the item number 170913248841. Will this work? I called.the guy and he asked for the cast number i told.him what i was doing he said thats crazy and he asked.if.i had vvt? So i need some help does the cast number matter and do i order a head with vvt? And does any body know what.the stock compression ratio is for my 2011 2.0? And one last question when i get the 2.3 head after i get some feedback on what matters and what options to get then i am going to send the.head to machine shop to mill how much do i take off to raise the compression ratio to where i dont hit piston and with spray dont unload the bottom end? And as for cams i have heard alot about the crane 224-0010 i am planning to do aftermarket cams on the 2.3 head these 224-0010 still the way to go? If i can go bigger will it effect hp/tq? Just looking fir the right cams for my set up so any input will be great thanx...


2011 FOCUS SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
koke'sfocus
Focus Addict
 
koke'sfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69779
Location: el paso, TX
What I Drive: 05 silver st

Posts: 756
FF Reputation: 1 koke'sfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
None 2.3 head has vvt have to check out cause the head of the 2.3 from the ranger truck is the 2.0 head Rhe stock compression on ur car is 10.1.0
__________________
cossie im, cfm 67mm tb, 3" dp, 3" exhaust and custom turbo kit, holset hx35 turbo on 13psi, exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel
Stock long block 353whp 280lbtq, 13psi
team duratec #94
D23 crew #9.
koke'sfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 8,440
FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you mill the head you'll raise the compression. The crane 0010's are a mid range. For you going a 20 motor w/ a 23 head, I'd use those. You could add the 0012's, but you'd lose some bottom end grunt. 1st you have a 20 & then 2nd installing a 23 head on a 20. I like spray too, I just don't like running out & dealing w/ refilling the bottles. I'd cc the chambers & compare the 2 heads.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
2011 FOCUS SE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
2011 FOCUS SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108409
Location: Dayton, TX
What I Drive: 2011 FORD FOCUS SE

Posts: 46
FF Reputation: 1 2011 FOCUS SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok so i now have my cams chosen and now with the head does the cast number matter since im not putting the head on a 2.3? And i am planning on spraying mabey a 25 shot i so want to raise the compression ratio so i need to findout what do i raise it to for street driving with cams intake exhaust and tune to know how much i need to mill the head?.?.
2011 FOCUS SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
koke'sfocus
Focus Addict
 
koke'sfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69779
Location: el paso, TX
What I Drive: 05 silver st

Posts: 756
FF Reputation: 1 koke'sfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
25 shot is nothing do. 50 at least





Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 FOCUS SE View Post
Ok so i now have my cams chosen and now with the head does the cast number matter since im not putting the head on a 2.3? And i am planning on spraying mabey a 25 shot i so want to raise the compression ratio so i need to findout what do i raise it to for street driving with cams intake exhaust and tune to know how much i need to mill the head?.?.
__________________
cossie im, cfm 67mm tb, 3" dp, 3" exhaust and custom turbo kit, holset hx35 turbo on 13psi, exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel
Stock long block 353whp 280lbtq, 13psi
team duratec #94
D23 crew #9.
koke'sfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
2011 FOCUS SE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
2011 FOCUS SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108409
Location: Dayton, TX
What I Drive: 2011 FORD FOCUS SE

Posts: 46
FF Reputation: 1 2011 FOCUS SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aight 50 it is no more though.. Dont want to blow bottem end.lol. I am also going to arp stud the head.
2011 FOCUS SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 8,440
FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 FOCUS SE View Post
Ok so i now have my cams chosen and now with the head does the cast number matter since im not putting the head on a 2.3? And i am planning on spraying mabey a 25 shot i so want to raise the compression ratio so i need to findout what do i raise it to for street driving with cams intake exhaust and tune to know how much i need to mill the head?.?.
Why would you need to raise the compression ratio to run nos?
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
2011 FOCUS SE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
2011 FOCUS SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108409
Location: Dayton, TX
What I Drive: 2011 FORD FOCUS SE

Posts: 46
FF Reputation: 1 2011 FOCUS SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I dont need to raise to run nos i just want to raise to creat more hp.
2011 FOCUS SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast
 
jugglethese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108852
Location: Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Posts: 229
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
post pics and videos when you get started on the swap :) im sure were all curious on how this is going to go
jugglethese is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Fernando_221
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79468
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 2.0L Dtec, '11 MK2.5 2.0L

Posts: 185
FF Reputation: 3 Fernando_221 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
If you mill the head you'll raise the compression. The crane 0010's are a mid range. For you going a 20 motor w/ a 23 head, I'd use those. You could add the 0012's, but you'd lose some bottom end grunt. 1st you have a 20 & then 2nd installing a 23 head on a 20. I like spray too, I just don't like running out & dealing w/ refilling the bottles. I'd cc the chambers & compare the 2 heads.
You should look for a PN on the exhaust ports side of the head.
RF 1S7G is stock 2.0 head (and Ranger 2.3).
RF 3S4G is the one with better flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 FOCUS SE View Post
Ok guys i have everything planned out.. So i am ordering a 2.3 head from ebay here is the item number 170913248841. Will this work? I called.the guy and he asked for the cast number i told.him what i was doing he said thats crazy and he asked.if.i had vvt? So i need some help does the cast number matter and do i order a head with vvt? And does any body know what.the stock compression ratio is for my 2011 2.0? And one last question when i get the 2.3 head after i get some feedback on what matters and what options to get then i am going to send the.head to machine shop to mill how much do i take off to raise the compression ratio to where i dont hit piston and with spray dont unload the bottom end? And as for cams i have heard alot about the crane 224-0010 i am planning to do aftermarket cams on the 2.3 head these 224-0010 still the way to go? If i can go bigger will it effect hp/tq? Just looking fir the right cams for my set up so any input will be great thanx...
felixthecat, for the crane 0012, do we need upgraded valve springs?
Fernando_221 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.