dealership oil change = ragged hole in bellypan - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
The car was purchased from Crest Ford in Centerline.

Hines Park Ford in New Hudson replaced the clutches and upper strut mounts.

Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills replaced one of the two strut mounts a second time. I told them that both sides were making noise, but they claimed it was only one side. The other side has gotten worse and is making noticeably more noise now, but I haven't yet taken it back to them to get it replaced. And I probably won't now that I've seen how they do an oil change.

What really bums me out is that I CHOSE to have them change my oil. I thought I would give them my business to maintain a good working relationship with them.

Look where that got me. LOL

Crest Ford and Hines Park Ford are not BBB accredited, Tom Holzer Ford is and they have an A+ rating. I'd hit them up for a new cover and if they give you flak about it then file a complaint with the BBB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
I am very suprised more folks are not complaining about the bellypan being cut up to facilitate oil changes.
It is annoying to take off.
I would say as an owner you would have to make it clear up front to the service advisor you know the car has a bellypan cover, and it MUST NOT BE CUT, but taken off and replaced correctly. And state that to any service provider every time. Or sooner or later your bellypan cover will be left off and tossed in trash, or cut up like the op here.

No oilchange guy wants to take it off and replace it. they ALL want to cut a big hole in to and screw you. Period. And ony because it is a PITA to take off and put back on. For them time is money. Way easier to cut it open, five seconds with a box cutter. Only fear of getting fired will stop them.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #13
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
That is total crap.
I would go berserk.

Please let us know how your issue is resolved.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I am very suprised more folks are not complaining about the bellypan being cut up to facilitate oil changes.
It is annoying to take off.
I would say as an owner you would have to make it clear up front to the service advisor you know the car has a bellypan cover, and it MUST NOT BE CUT, but taken off and replaced correctly. And state that to any service provider every time. Or sooner or later your bellypan cover will be left off and tossed in trash, or cut up like the op here.

No oilchange guy wants to take it off and replace it. they ALL want to cut a big hole in to and screw you. Period. And ony because it is a PITA to take off and put back on. For them time is money. Way easier to cut it open, five seconds with a box cutter. Only fear of getting fired will stop them.
Not only would I be irate, I would speak to the manager of the shop in person, notify this boards Ford Rep, call the BBB and raise general hell in the service department.

Then, I would DEMAND a replacement cover, properly installed, while I watched.

That, my friends, is destruction of personal property. I would ask for the name of the tech who did it and request that their name be placed in my file as never being allowed to touch my vehicle again, I would also save that name and specifically specify that they not be allowed to perform any other service whenever I scheduled it.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #15
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If you guys have ever been under the car, you'd know this.

There is a little air funnel built into the underbelly pan. Looks like you caught it on something and it tore down. That's not really any where near where you'd need to be to drain the oil or replace the filter.

From the pic below, you can see the area the air funnel is at. Almost dead center. The oil drain, on the other hand is off to the side.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275451

- Jody -
Old 05-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
I would try some other dealers. I had a decent experience at Village in Dearborn, and similar results with Bob Maxey (formally Krug) in Howell. Both might be a bit of a drive for you but they could yield better results, at least in areas where there are fixes available.
the ST guys rave about the dearborn dealer
Old 05-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #17
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
A lot of people here bitch about the most ridiculous stuff, but I'd raise some serious hell over that nonsense.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #18
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Have others had holes cut in this location to drain the oil?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #19
dodgeguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85952
What I Drive: 2009 black SES

FF Reputation: 1 dodgeguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
. And I have Comcast.
^ made me laugh!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #20
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
The Ford Contour had a smaller undercar cover, and it was regularly cut up by oilchange guys both at dealer and oilchange places.
It only blocked the oil filter, and I actually cut a round hole to just barely let the filter get out. BUT, most of the cars I saw with it cut the cut was a big gash full width of the shield. NEVER saw one NOT cut. So if you all think it is outrageous.. well get ready, because your underengine shield is GOING to be cut up sooner or later, by some in a hurry.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->