dealership oil change = ragged hole in bellypan - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
dealership oil change = ragged hole in bellypan

I had my oil changed at a Ford dealership last month.

Today I'm following my friend and at a traffic light he rolls down his window and tells me that I have something hanging low from the bottom of my car.

So I stop and look, and find that the dealership cut a hole in the bellypan to change the oil, and left a large chunk of it just hanging down, ragged edges and all. They did that rather than deal with removing and replacing it properly, like they would do if they gave a crap about the customer's car. (UPDATE: turns out they didn't cut a hole in the pan. They just re-installed it improperly and it was then damaged from hanging low.)

Honestly, my ownership of this car has been the worst customer service experience of my life. And I have Comcast.

Last edited by Strix; 05-25-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
That's some messed up stuff. I would take it back and raise hell, but since they already seem like they are shady, they will probably say they didn't do it. I would be pissed.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Billacuda
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114361
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Billacuda Good Standing Member
I think they owe you a new cover. Aren't they supposed to take it all the way off when performing service?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Is this the same dealer you keep going back to again and again with the same disappointing results each time?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102567
What I Drive: Black 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
That is total crap!!! Good luck getting them to fix it.

Future Mods: Coilovers, End-Links, Tune, and Brakes
Old 05-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Wow man that is total BS what a BS dealership.....half ass job...Who are they anyways. Make it well known so others don't go there. If they can't do a simple oil change how the hell can they fix your trans.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Is this the same dealer you keep going back to again and again with the same disappointing results each time?
This is the third dealership that has serviced the car, not counting one that only checked the alignment (at my cost).

I moved away from the dealership I bought the car from. So I starting going to another highly-reviewed dealership a moderate distance away. I was never that impressed with them, especially after they changed my clutches and left me with a car that vibrates briefly every time it shifts into gears 2, 4, or 6.

Figuring that online reviews are meaningless (I noticed that many of them seem to have been bought and paid for as part of the new car sales process), I started going to the Ford dealership closest to where I now live. This is the dealership responsible for this latest work.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
This is the third dealership that has serviced the car, not counting one that only checked the alignment (at my cost).

I moved away from the dealership I bought the car from. So I starting going to another highly-reviewed dealership a moderate distance away. I was never that impressed with them, especially after they changed my clutches and left me with a car that vibrates briefly every time it shifts into gears 2, 4, or 6.

Figuring that online reviews are meaningless (I noticed that many of them seem to have been bought and paid for as part of the new car sales process), I started going to the Ford dealership closest to where I now live. This is the dealership responsible for this latest work.
What dealer did this, and what other dealers gave you bad service?

Just curious as I'm in the same area, and it's always interesting see how different visits differ, and also to get the bad dealers out in the open for everyone's benefits.
Hatch Nation #29
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
What dealer did this, and what other dealers gave you bad service?
The car was purchased from Crest Ford in Centerline.

Hines Park Ford in New Hudson replaced the clutches and upper strut mounts.

Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills replaced one of the two strut mounts a second time. I told them that both sides were making noise, but they claimed it was only one side. The other side has gotten worse and is making noticeably more noise now, but I haven't yet taken it back to them to get it replaced. And I probably won't now that I've seen how they do an oil change.

What really bums me out is that I CHOSE to have them change my oil. I thought I would give them my business to maintain a good working relationship with them.

Look where that got me. LOL
Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would try some other dealers. I had a decent experience at Village in Dearborn, and similar results with Bob Maxey (formally Krug) in Howell. Both might be a bit of a drive for you but they could yield better results, at least in areas where there are fixes available.
Hatch Nation #29

Bookmarks & Social Networks