2013 Focus TI "disabling" one touch power windows - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
sportage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113131
What I Drive: 2013 Blk FORD FOCUS TITANIUM

FF Reputation: 1 sportage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Focus TI "disabling" one touch power windows

I can't seem to disable this feature. I see a lot of threads on how to enable one touch, but I wanted to disable it. Tried the power-down, hold button 5 seconds, power-up, hold 5 seconds as well as attempted other versions of the sequence all with no success. Can't one-touch be disabled via a button sequence?
Thanks fanatics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
XlarXlar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111735
What I Drive: 2013 PB Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 2 XlarXlar Good Standing Member
I've never heard of anyone doing that. Mine has only stopped working by itself and I've then had to fix it...

I don't know how you would go about doing this. There must be some way to trick the switch into forgetting where the extreme positions of the switch are so that even when it is fully depressed or pulled it doesn't think it has gone far enough to activate the one touch. Maybe if you try just pulling/pushing it in one direction for 5 seconds?

Also, because I'm curious, why do you want to do this?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It gets disabled when the battery is disconnected. So I'd just remove the ground for a minute and don't do the sequence to restore it.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
sportage
Focus Rookie

Don't care for one touch. I prefer the window only react while I depress the button. I mess with the button(s) and windows constantly trying to get just the opening I want. Finally I give up. The one touch control buttons are just too touchy. (no pun)
I don't mind one touch on the drivers window, maybe, sometimes, but the other windows? Nope.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
sportage
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxb View Post
It gets disabled when the battery is disconnected. So I'd just remove the ground for a minute and don't do the sequence to restore it.
yeah I read that battery thing in other threads but didn't want to mess with the battery since Im not sure what else that might mess-up considering the high techy-ness of the TI focus.

PS. I might have to call the dealer. They assigned a tech guy to the car after purchase to demonstrate the features, set things up for you, and answer any questions.
When you buy a car that needs a tech guy assigned to it, you know this is not your typical automobile. :D
Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
If you only want the window to go down a certain point don't just push the button once, hold it down until it gets to where you want to stop it and then pull up slightly, or while it's going down automatically pull up to stop it from completely opening.

I can't see a need or desire to remove the functionality, but there are always work arounds.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
If you only want the window to go down a certain point don't just push the button once, hold it down until it gets to where you want to stop it and then pull up slightly, or while it's going down automatically pull up to stop it from completely opening.
Why even do that? The button has two engagement levels. Just push it down halfway and window movement will stop when you release the button. One-touch down only works if you push the button all the way down.

Least that's how it is on mine.

Which brings up the question - why is it disabled when the battery is disconnected? Mine's been in the shop twice recently, battery disconnected both times, and both times I have to go through the annoying process to reset it.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportage View Post
yeah I read that battery thing in other threads but didn't want to mess with the battery since Im not sure what else that might mess-up considering the high techy-ness of the TI focus.
Dude just disconnect the battery as suggested. Mine's been disconnected numerous times and all it does, besides screw up the one-touch feature, is reset your trip computer and date/time.

Strangely, though it resets your trip computer information, it doesn't delete your radio presets. Why would that be?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportage View Post

PS. I might have to call the dealer. They assigned a tech guy to the car after purchase to demonstrate the features, set things up for you, and answer any questions.
When you buy a car that needs a tech guy assigned to it, you know this is not your typical automobile. :D
The "tech guy" was just the salesman in my case. He just hooked up my phone, and when I say, "he just hooked up my phone" I mean that he fumbled around for 5-10minutes while I guided him through setting up my phone.
Just read the manual. It'll have more than the "tech guy" will know.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
Gadabout
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114774
What I Drive: 2006 Vermillion Red ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 4 Gadabout Good Standing Member
Oddly enough, I'm kinda curious to know if it's possible as well. I also mess about with my windows. My OCD kicks in and i have to have my windows lined up =P . Silly, i know. Its sometimes a pain to get the driver's side just right.
Team Duratec #42

Bookmarks & Social Networks