489whp SVT Focus Just got off the dyno - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #61
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

Points 50,433, Level 100
Points: 50,433, Level: 100 Points: 50,433, Level: 100 Points: 50,433, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Well everyne has their own biased opinion. Chris getrag has held this much hp with no probs so that must be a good sign so far. Idk what kind of trans the zeeco car had. From what I gadther if ur focus nts tomake power for time on a strip then the lentech is the way to go IMHO
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK302 WHP 274 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #62
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What is a quaife or torsen limited slip differential? and those breaks sound awesome.. i see them online for 185 a pair which seems fair. and the lines and pads will be easy. so that will all work with the stock components! thanks god! i like easy.

can you find a picture of the lakewood bars? maybe i can have a local machine shop fabricate something up for me? worth a shot!

and by boring out heads, i mean getting bigger pistons and making the cylinders wider in the block.

and what is quaife or torsen limited slip differential? and is it hard to install?

EDIT:
well never mind on the lake woods... that's one complicated several pieces of metal. i was thing it was two straight bars. if only..

i found a picture.. looks like it'd be hard to make from a picture. no anyone selling any? they don't work with stock SVT headers from what im reading. but i guess that's no problem since i'm going turbo

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC
Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #63
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

And, currently. My AC does not work. and im starting to notice most Rally like cars dont... should i fix it? or just remove the whole AC system and put in a roof scoop for fresh air like most track cars?

Speaking of track cars, check this out! almost all these guys have have Roof scoops for fresh air. i'm considering it... its not my daily driver so maybe i should just pull it out. but AC on a hot track day sounds nice. but also robs engine power.. not to mention around 100lbs of weight. and are these cars rearwheel drive? looks like both maybe..
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC
Old 06-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #64
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 14,754, Level 78
Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosvtfocus04 View Post
I forgot manic knows everything.

I haven't yet seen getrag make something that isn't shit.
okay man. seriously stop being a douche. you basically said apples and oranges are the same thing because they both grow on trees. what you said would lead a person to believe that either the SVT focus getrag is the same trans used in a supra or that because a supra getrag can hold a shit ton of power that a focus getrag can as well. i am not saying the focus getrag is junk because it is NOT. we just dont have a definitive number on how much power it can really take because there are so few people who actually push it before switching to a lentech ATX or some alternative transmission setup besides the getrag/mtx. i wasnt being a dick about what you said, i was simply pointing out that what you said wasnt entirely pertinent to the question asked. so in short, stop being a damn troll when all someone is trying to do is help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #65
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 14,754, Level 78
Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Price1990 View Post
What is a quaife or torsen limited slip differential? and those breaks sound awesome.. i see them online for 185 a pair which seems fair. and the lines and pads will be easy. so that will all work with the stock components! thanks god! i like easy.

can you find a picture of the lakewood bars? maybe i can have a local machine shop fabricate something up for me? worth a shot!

and by boring out heads, i mean getting bigger pistons and making the cylinders wider in the block.

and what is quaife or torsen limited slip differential? and is it hard to install?

EDIT:
well never mind on the lake woods... that's one complicated several pieces of metal. i was thing it was two straight bars. if only..

i found a picture.. looks like it'd be hard to make from a picture. no anyone selling any? they don't work with stock SVT headers from what im reading. but i guess that's no problem since i'm going turbo
quaife and torsen are the 2 best brands of limited slip differentials to choose from for the focus. quaife has a lifetime warranty even if the car is raced so if you break it quaife gives you another for free. these run nearly a grand. torsen is very good as well but offers no warranty and is half the cost. there are VERY few people who have managed to break either diff. basically the difference between the LSD and factory diff is that with the factory diff only 1 wheel will spin when you spin tires and it will pop if you abuse it too much even with a bone stock car. with the LSD both tires will spin when you peel out. this means better traction and higher exit speeds when under hard accelleration out of corners. i highly recommend professional installation for this unless you are extremely mechanicallly inclined. you have to take the transmission apart to install it.

yes EBC brakes are great. all you need for your svt will be 2 front and 2 rear rotors with respective pads and a russel stainless steel braided brake line kit for a SVT focus. make sure the brake line kit is not for a zx3 or any other type of focus other than SVT because the lines for the SVT are different.

like i said earlier. the lakewood traction bars are extremely hard to find because none have been made in quite some time. you might get lucky and find a used set for sale at some point but to the best of my knowledge no company has any left in stock to sell new. i have had my feelers out for months hoping to come across a set for myself with no success as of yet. you would most likely need a custom down pipe anyway to run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Price1990 View Post
And, currently. My AC does not work. and im starting to notice most Rally like cars dont... should i fix it? or just remove the whole AC system and put in a roof scoop for fresh air like most track cars?

Speaking of track cars, check this out! almost all these guys have have Roof scoops for fresh air. i'm considering it... its not my daily driver so maybe i should just pull it out. but AC on a hot track day sounds nice. but also robs engine power.. not to mention around 100lbs of weight. and are these cars rearwheel drive? looks like both maybe..
do whatever you want as far as the a/c goes. that is entirely up to you. if you have a turbo kit on the car making gobs of power then the power that gets drained by the a/c would be negligible anyway. but if you put a roof scoop on the car for fresh air then what will you do to keep water out when it rains? you could plug it but i still would be willing to be it will leak.

if it is a full on rally focus then it is likely AWD or RWD. no there is no simple way for an average joe to make an awd or rwd focus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #66
Mother Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73292
What I Drive: 2001 Money Pit

Points 4,667, Level 43
Points: 4,667, Level: 43 Points: 4,667, Level: 43 Points: 4,667, Level: 43
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 Mother Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Car in the middle pic on the lift is mine, LOL.
Pretty sure someone can fab them up for you, a bit pricier than they were originally but sure they can be done. Here is the installation instructions, maybe can see some details.

http://lakewoodindustries.com/media/...ocus_50200.pdf

Would rather have the money towards power, brakes and suspension rather than a roof scoop.
Tuned by Fernando@RacingPartsSolution.com
Old 06-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #67
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

good point on the AC.. i think it will cost around 100$ to fix it. id definitely rather have it. and ill ply just go with torsen since its half the price and very rarely busted. if i however bust one down the road.. ill get the one with a lifetime warranty. right now ill save as much as i can for the build.

so basically im down to needing a list of engine internals, and whatnot for 450HP range. and i guess we need to talk about Fuel returns and bigger fuel pumps? i know ill need bigger injectors too and all that fun stuff. not sure about how to go about my turbo setup yet, but ive done custom turbo setups before on friends cars as well as mine. so thats the only part of this i completely understand. first, ill build the engine so i dont have to worry about blowing it.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #68
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Points 50,433, Level 100
Points: 50,433, Level: 100 Points: 50,433, Level: 100 Points: 50,433, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
pends on power goals and what not for turbo recommendations
RIFF CREW
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #69
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

well i guess i'm just wanting to make a list of everything to achieve around 450HP. just engine, fuel, and and turbo components. i'm good on suspension and brakes for now.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #70
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Points 50,433, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
make a thread then!
RIFF CREW

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.