Class Action Lawsuit for DCT issues - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #81
ahsfba
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102000
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ahsfba Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
That's funny. I would think merging into 80mph traffic is dangerous no matter what car you drive!
True, but much moreso with the hesitation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #82
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
True, but much moreso with the hesitation.
Even worst here, as there is no such thing as Metering Lights on the on ramps, you tend to have people behind you riding your bumper with 300HP + BMW and AMG Mercedes, while the little Focus chugs along and burps with the DCT.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #83
vegachicago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89988
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 2 vegachicago Good Standing Member
Ford has an arbitration clause for any claim. In Illinois, as well as plethora of states, our Supreme Court has held that arbitration clauses preempts a class action. Several new cases out of California seem to say the same. Basically, the CAL is under attack. So for a law firm to take the case, they must weigh how many states, and of course the car owners, would not be covered.

I was a lead plaintiff for a Class Action against a satellite TV provider and we were never certified as a class due to the arbitration provision of the contract.

Nevertheless, one can hope.....
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #84
VanceVEP72
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115153
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White 5-Dr Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 1 VanceVEP72 Good Standing Member
I don't know about the 2012 models, but the last two PCM/TCM reflashes performed by Camelback Ford here in Phoenix really helped with the acceleration lag. Supposedly, the most recent flash was issued this past Monday. I'd check with your local dealer(s). And getting a case opened with Ford Customer Care MAY help get your service department on the ball. As always, YMMV.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #85
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra
How does a company like Ford pay the millions of dollars when they defend and lose a lawsuit like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
lol... They aren't happy about it. Just as they aren't happy when they have a flaw requiring billions of dollars to recall the vehicles and repair them. That might be the reason they try as hard as they can to ignore the problems (and customers) in hopes that the problems will go away.
I would think these lawsuits effect the cost of a car, and not in a good way.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #86
lewisra
Focus Addict

"When merging into traffic going 80mph, this is extremely dangerous."

Maybe you should slow down to the speed of traffic.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #87
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
"When merging into traffic going 80mph, this is extremely dangerous."

Maybe you should slow down to the speed of traffic.
If I'm understanding this correctly the traffic was going 80 mph and the person was trying to merge into the flow of traffic, but it could also mean they were going 80 mph trying to merge into slower traffic, but that seems less likely given the nature of their complaints.

I'm no lawyer though and that surely was poorly worded.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #88
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly the traffic was going 80 mph and the person was trying to merge into the flow of traffic, but it could also mean they were going 80 mph trying to merge into slower traffic, but that seems less likely given the nature of their complaints.

And over-exaggerations help minimize validity of claims.

Just sayin'
Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #89
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post

Bumper to bumper traffic rarely flows at 80mph. Therefore, if cars on the highway are indeed going 80mph, then it is not occurring during rush hour. During non-peak hours, merging into traffic is less of a problem.

Finally, speaking of 80mph, the Focus is not a sports car, its an econocar. Therefore, even without the "alleged" DCT issues, asking or expecting the Focus to effortlessly merge in 80mph traffic is asking a lot out of the car. What is the top speed of the Focus anyway? I would say its approximately 100 - 110 tops.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #90
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
Bumper to bumper traffic rarely flows at 80mph. Therefore, if cars on the highway are indeed going 80mph, then it is not occurring during rush hour. During non-peak hours, merging into traffic is less of a problem.

Finally, speaking of 80mph, the Focus is not a sports car, its an econocar. Therefore, even without the "alleged" DCT issues, asking or expecting the Focus to effortlessly merge in 80mph traffic is asking a lot out of the car. What is the top speed of the Focus anyway? I would say its approximately 100 - 110 tops.
The top speed is closer to 122 according to the likes of Car and Driver's testing.

80 MPH is only around 65.5% of the the top speed of the normal MK3.

On those freeway ramps where they stop oncoming traffic it is quite possible to face oncoming traffic at a 60-80 mph speed without it being "bumper" to bumper traffic.

I'm also not the one expecting the 160 hp to merge into 80 mph traffic, although the 252 hp ST can manage with much more authority to merge onto the expressways at a quicker pace if required. Normally it is not required however. Just give adequate space and merge with the flow of traffic, although slow drivers up the ramp are the worst when they deliberately hold back and prevent you from getting to speed before the end of the ramp.

Also I know of at least several interstate stretches around here where the traffic is virtually bumper to bumper at 80+ mph, it's kind of like a slower speed version of a NASCAR circuit, one minute they are all doing 80+ the next they slam on the brakes and either stop or nearly stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
And over-exaggerations help minimize validity of claims.

Just sayin'
This was their claims not mine, I have no reason to claim anything in relation to issues with the DCT as I never did experience these "issues".

I was only trying to understand what they said was their issue.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->