Class Action Lawsuit for DCT issues - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #71
ahsfba
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102000
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ahsfba Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Some have stated that they've received letters, but most have not. If anything, we need to raise more attention. As with others, I have had my transmission rebuilt and my clutch assembly replaced and the problem has not been fixed. I would be really interested in making a CAL happen. We need to contact a firm specializing in motor vehicle CALs such as:

http://www.girardgibbs.com/case-group/auto-lawsuits/

As for the people concerned with cost to cover such a case, THE CONSUMER DOES NOT PAY. The lawyers take a portion of the settlement (or monetary compensation is given to them in addition to a non-monetary consumer settlement) and if they lose, they get nothing. All the more reason to fight as hard as they can, especially against a giant company such as FoMoCo.

If anyone is feeling uncomfortable going through with this because they feel they don't understand how class action lawsuits work, here's a good summary:

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Re...anUse-358.aspx

Now, does anyone have the time to get the ball rolling? As people have said before, we have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by acting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #72
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,245, Level 19
Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
we have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by acting.
How does a company like Ford pay the millions of dollars when they defend and lose a lawsuit like this?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #73
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
How does a company like Ford pay the millions of dollars when they defend and lose a lawsuit like this?
lol... They aren't happy about it. Just as they aren't happy when they have a flaw requiring billions of dollars to recall the vehicles and repair them. That might be the reason they try as hard as they can to ignore the problems (and customers) in hopes that the problems will go away.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,788, Level 38
Points: 3,788, Level: 38 Points: 3,788, Level: 38 Points: 3,788, Level: 38
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 valmundo Great Standing Member
Ford issues a recall...but not for the Focus

http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-recal...#axzz2VGF4PYSw

Although I can't speak for Ford, I don't think they believe there is anything inherently wrong with the DCT. Otherwise, you'd think they would have bitten the bullet and issued a recall. This most recent recall involves 465,000 vehicles, about the same amount of Focii that have been sold.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #75
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post

Although I can't speak for Ford, I don't think they believe there is anything inherently wrong with the DCT. Otherwise, you'd think they would have bitten the bullet and issued a recall. This most recent recall involves 465,000 vehicles, about the same amount of Focii that have been sold.
There is a difference between "inherently wrong" and "dangerous". Seems like they only do recalls for dangerous.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #76
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,251, Level 28
Points: 2,251, Level: 28 Points: 2,251, Level: 28 Points: 2,251, Level: 28
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post

A recall on the DCT would only be warranted if Ford knew how to correct it, currently they do not have fix. When they do it might be voluntarily based on a customers current experience and techs opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #77
ahsfba
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102000
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ahsfba Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
There is a difference between "inherently wrong" and "dangerous". Seems like they only do recalls for dangerous.
There is truth to this statement. The NHTSA will usually only back a suit if there is something dangerously wrong with a vehicle. As some have stated, the lag time between putting the pedal to the floor and the vehicle's takeoff IS an issue of safety. It's not the same as turbo lag where you have less power for a couple seconds before the turbos kick in. In our case, you have ZERO power between depressing the pedal and takeoff. When merging into traffic going 80mph, this is extremely dangerous.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #78
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
There is truth to this statement. The NHTSA will usually only back a suit if there is something dangerously wrong with a vehicle. As some have stated, the lag time between putting the pedal to the floor and the vehicle's takeoff IS an issue of safety. It's not the same as turbo lag where you have less power for a couple seconds before the turbos kick in. In our case, you have ZERO power between depressing the pedal and takeoff. When merging into traffic going 80mph, this is extremely dangerous.
true dat. The question is whether Ford or NHTSA or anyone else recognizes that this occurrs.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #79
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
this has happened to me once, and I hope it never happens again

Quote:
Old 06-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #80
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,788, Level 38
Points: 3,788, Level: 38 Points: 3,788, Level: 38 Points: 3,788, Level: 38
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 11 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
That's funny. I would think merging into 80mph traffic is dangerous no matter what car you drive!

Bookmarks & Social Networks