fuel pressure regulator? i think... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
focalpoint0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15177
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focalpoint0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
fuel pressure regulator? i think...

help me out? what is the sensor that plugs into the left side of fuel rail. there is a quick realse on the fuel line then it attachs to this sensor. but im cant find what it is called or what part # it is. all the #'s engraved on it dont work on the ford websites. and id also like to know where to buy one, when i find out the exact name and part #. help me out so i can get it back running.
thanx much

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
focalpoint0
Focus Enthusiast

nobody knows this. if i had my haynes manuel which is on order id find it. hopefully nobody else needs this part, becuase with all the info im getting people would be screwed.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2137
What I Drive: 2000 Bright Amber Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slammedfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The fuel pressure regulator plugs into the left side of the fuel rail on a zetec, but it does not have a sensor on it just a vacum hose. Is it An spi or zetec? It could be the Electronic pressure sensor if you have a spi.
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 12-05-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
WagonHO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14540
What I Drive: 06 Frontier V6; 09 V-Strom 650

FF Reputation: 1 WagonHO Good Standing Member
Why are you so desperate to change out this part - just symptoms or is it visibly fu'd?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
focalpoint0
Focus Enthusiast

I NEED THE PART BECAUSE IT CRACKED WHERE THE FUEL HOSE CONNECTS INTO IT. THERE IS A SENSOR THAT PLUGS INTO THE BACK OF IT. IM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS CALLED THOUGH. I DIDNT GET A MANUEL WITH MY CAR. I HAVE A 2001 ZX3. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A SPI. BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE dohc DO THEY?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

You don't have to SHOUT. It would say DOHC Zetec on the valve cover. The SPI is a single cam.
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 12-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
focalpoint0
Focus Enthusiast

yeah its a DOHC, there are two cams on the side. i know what i have i just cannot find this pieces' name. look on the metal rail behind your engine. it may be called the fuel injector rail? not sure but after that little coil looking hose with the silver disc, ther is a black plastic sensor which is bolted to the rail. and i wasnt shouting, i forgot i had it in caps because im on the comp at work.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Thats cool. I looked at it and i can not find it anywere in my hanyes manual. I am shure it has something to do with the pressure. Try asking for a Electronic pressure sensor and see what you come up with. That may be what you need.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:03 PM   #9
focalpoint0
Focus Enthusiast

thanx i appreciate the input. when i go into work 2morrow ill ask one of the Ford mechanics what exactly it is, just for my own knowledge. plus so i can order it from a local dealer.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:33 AM   #10
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Let us know what it is when you find out. Please

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.