ST front facia - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
REK21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104472
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 REK21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm so-so on it... Obviously not enough of an issue for me not to buy the car though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,138, Level 18
Points: 1,138, Level: 18 Points: 1,138, Level: 18 Points: 1,138, Level: 18
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
This is only my perspective and I realize not everyone shares this point of view, but I just couldn't justify the cost of doing a swap like this just for the sake of asthetics. There are a lot of things I'd like to do, such as a ground effects kit, ST/Electric headlamps & taillights, sway bars, rims, tires, etc.... Let's face it though, you could easily drop $3000 - 5000. without even trying and what would you have when you're done? Basically nothing in terms of resale value. For that reason alone and that I could think of far better things to spend my money on, I shy away from doing any kind of modications. Another good example is the recent post I saw where someone inquired about adding an aftermarket turbo to their car. Why? Why go to all that expense and hassle when you could easily trade your car in for an ST which comes with a turbo and a factory warranty? I tend to buy my cars equipped exactly the way I want them from the dealer.

Living here in So Cal where the car culture is very prevalant, I sometimes laugh at what I see....people driving cars sitting on chromed 22's with a ton of bling and the car is worth only $800-1500. Or the other extreme is Boy Racer who inherited his grandmother's late '80's model Honda Accord sedan and he ghetto'd the car out with a coffee can exhaust, two tier F1 spoiler mounted to the trunk and all the cheap add-ons he could find at Pep Boys. They're usually flat broke and never have money for the important things in life, but always seem to have money to spend every paycheck on cheap useless crap. Like I said earlier, I'm sure not everyone shares my point of view.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 1,580, Level 22
Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
I allready like ours...
I think it depends. For some reason I think the Titanium front ends look better than the others and ST I can't decide if I like it more or not. I typically don't like the "rounded" look, as imo it looks less aggressive. But the ST pulls it off nicely, just not sure.

I have thought about plasti-dipping the 2 vertical bars in my Ti's front end so the entire grill is black. Not sure if it'd look too weird though.

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
REK21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104472
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 REK21 Good Standing Member
Agreed Tom. I like the look of the ST front bumper. However, that would be the result of an insurance claim for me as well as the first guy who did it on here. 900 bucks for looks? I'll pass.

Though I could see possibly upgrading wheels and tires. At least they could have a direct improvement in ride quality or handling ability depending on which way you go.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,138, Level 18
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Wait till the 2014's or 2015 MY come out, the front fascia will be a direct bolt on and will be styled similar to the catfish Aston Martin look.

I like the looks of this much better than the "Rally Car" look on my current car. The new Fusion employs the Aston styled grill as well. Frankly I'm surprised that Ford didn't adopt that feature across their entire model line. If you look at many brands, you'll notice they very often adopt a certain look that distinguishes their brand over the competition. Eg..Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.... The Aston grill is hot looking and seems to be popular with consumers, so we might be seeing more of this look as other models get updated. Taurus, maybe?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #16
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,138, Level 18
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by REK21 View Post
Agreed Tom. I like the look of the ST front bumper. However, that would be the result of an insurance claim for me as well as the first guy who did it on here. 900 bucks for looks? I'll pass.

Though I could see possibly upgrading wheels and tires. At least they could have a direct improvement in ride quality or handling ability depending on which way you go.
Wheels and tires would be the one thing I'd make the exception on because so many times what you get from the factory isn't always to my taste and as you said, you can greatly improve handling/comfort by changing them.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
...Why go to all that expense and hassle when you could easily trade your car in for an ST which comes with a turbo and a factory warranty? I tend to buy my cars equipped exactly the way I want them from the dealer.

Living here in So Cal where the car culture is very prevalant, I sometimes laugh at what I see....people driving cars sitting on chromed 22's with a ton of bling and the car is worth only $800-1500. Or the other extreme is Boy Racer who inherited his grandmother's late '80's model Honda Accord sedan and he ghetto'd the car out with a coffee can exhaust, two tier F1 spoiler mounted to the trunk and all the cheap add-ons he could find at Pep Boys. They're usually flat broke and never have money for the important things in life, but always seem to have money to spend every paycheck on cheap useless crap. Like I said earlier, I'm sure not everyone shares my point of view.
Well said, simple as that. If you have comfortable money and you want to splurge a little knowing you won't see that money back, so be it if it makes you happy. But damn, some of these fart cans I see too....
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
Tsoutier
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114630
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tsoutier Good Standing Member
I definitely agree with the crappy Honda tuner concept. But the point behind installing aftermarket parts is to make it unique and fit your style. There is definitely a point when common sense should be applied, but that's assuming that everyone has the same level, and we all know that to not be true.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,574, Level 65
Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Wait till the 2014's or 2015 MY come out, the front fascia will be a direct bolt on and will be styled similar to the catfish Aston Martin look.

Given the FFE already had this nose and it doesn't seem that likely to actually translate to the N/A Focus that well it seems unlikely that it will change anytime soon.

The Fiesta was due for a refresh and the addition of the 1.0l EcoBoost i3 engine, but the brand new Escape still shares its styling language with the standard Focus. Therefore it seems less likely that they will do what this rendering hopes for.

Oh and on the comment as to what it would cost, that's just the parts cost, you'd still have to find a body shop to paint and install it.

The first person who did it was on an insurance claim. I was trying to avoid filing a claim despite the car having been hit by road debris just two hours after getting the car returned from the shop the first time. Of course it was now for naught as I have an ISM ST2 to drive instead.

There was nothing mechanically wrong with my old car, but it just felt like time to move on rather than to put all sorts of money into it just for the sake of a certain look without the power to back it all up.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #20
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,138, Level 18
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsoutier View Post
I definitely agree with the crappy Honda tuner concept. But the point behind installing aftermarket parts is to make it unique and fit your style. There is definitely a point when common sense should be applied, but that's assuming that everyone has the same level, and we all know that to not be true.
Speaking of crappy Honda tuner concepts....let's not forget to include the "Powered by HONDA sticker on the windows! It's a HONDA! What else would a Honda be powered by...a Lamborghini? Sooooooo stupid!

Bookmarks & Social Networks