1slofofo's Slow Build - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #81
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
Pics you know the drill
FFFFF forgot to paste in, I even had the flickr page open lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #82
1slofofo
Adam

Don't worry, I'll take some fun pics later on to get the full effect of the subie-esque gold wheels on a blue car :]
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #83
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
tint, lowering springs, and lower profile tires would make a world of difference

if you insist on keeping the fender stripes, I say go with the unequal length bronze ones

on a side note - I get jealous reading some of these MK3 threads. since they're new cars, all the $$$ can go towards actual mods and improvements, instead of fighting to simply keep our 10+ year old MK1s running well... rusted out parts, squeaks and leaks, engine problems, etc. or maybe it's just me and my POS lol
Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
1slofofo
Adam

I agree I'm trying to get tint soon and when the tires wear out they're gonna be lower profile. These are oem fusion ties so naturally bigger. Lowering would be cool but we'll see lol.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #85
1slofofo
Adam

Unfortunately, I didn't get all the residue from the old vinyl, and it's becoming very noticeable. How long these will stay will depend, I don't have enough left, but I will keep it for a while to see what happens. lol

Old 07-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #86
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 9 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The gold stripes look better than the black ones.
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #87
1slofofo
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftmetal View Post
The gold stripes look better than the black ones.
You mean white? lol
Old 07-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #88
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I like gold. And Blue and White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
Better pic

The new color on the wheels didn't look that good to me in the first photos, but the lighting on this one helps a lot -- I like it. Not too flashy, and less shiny than the silver was. More "race car".

Dark silver to medium gray (like you photoshopped in another thread) would also look good, but has become increasingly common since Acura and Lexus started using it years ago. Now everybody's doing it, including Ford with the US versions of the 2014 Fusion H-spoke 19s, and Focus 2013 SE Appearance Pkg 17s and 2014 ST Rado Gray option 18s. The muted gold you used goes good with the blue (and white) and is more subtle than the deeper gold that was popular 40 years ago. (You might be on the leading edge of a come-back for gold wheels.)

I'd vote for keeping the stripes white. There's a tradition with blue and white on Fords. When they were the same width they were also more reminiscent of the centered, dual, equal width stripes on Shelby Mustangs, Cobras, and Ford GTs from the past. (For some reason I hear Tevye singing "Tradition, Tradition!" in the back of my mind.)

A few people criticized the original white stripes for the angle and direction they slanted and their width, but I think you did good the first time. I didn't see that right away, but came around to appreciate them better after a while. They were bold, but also showed some respect to those other cars by not being straight down the middle like the original cars had them. Great balance. The criticisms seemed to say you should copy-cat the way everyone else was doing that kind of stripes. (What do they know, anyway?)

The new configuration with one narrower and both at a lower angle does look good, but is less bold, more "me too". The choice depends on whether you want something color coordinated that an interior designer might do, or race car.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 07-20-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Fix URL
Old 07-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #89
1slofofo
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
The new color on the wheels didn't look that good to me in the first photos, but the lighting on this one helps a lot -- I like it. Not too flashy, and less shiny than the silver was. More "race car".

Dark silver to medium gray (like you photoshopped in another thread) would also look good, but has become increasingly common since Acura and Lexus started using it years ago. Now everybody's doing it, including Ford with the US versions of the 2014 Fusion H-spoke 19s, and Focus 2013 SE Appearance Pkg 17s and 2014 ST Rado Gray option 18s. The muted gold you used goes good with the blue (and white) and is more subtle than the deeper gold that was popular 40 years ago. (You might be on the leading edge of a come-back for gold wheels.)

I'd vote for keeping the stripes white. There's a tradition with blue and white on Fords. When they were the same width they were also more reminiscent of the centered, dual, equal width stripes on Shelby Mustangs, Cobras, and Ford GTs from the past. (For some reason I hear Tevye singing "Tradition, Tradition!" in the back of my mind.)

A few people criticized the original white stripes for the angle and direction they slanted and their width, but I think you did good the first time. I didn't see that right away, but came around to appreciate them better after a while. They were bold, but also showed some respect to those other cars by not being straight down the middle like the original cars had them. Great balance. The criticisms seemed to say you should copy-cat the way everyone else was doing that kind of stripes. (What do they know, anyway?)

The new configuration with one narrower and both at a lower angle does look good, but is less bold, more "me too". The choice depends on whether you want something color coordinated that an interior designer might do, or race car.

I mean, I do feel like I've seen more cars with colored wheels after I did the blue. I did my hubcaps dark gray way back a year ago.

Thanks for understanding the stripes, seems few understood it. I figured if a "supercar" or at least a fast car has stripes in one direction, my car, being the opposite should have opposite stripes

But, you figure it's been less than two years, 3 colored wheels (gray, blue, gold) and two sets of wheels, white's the next wheel color, and the stripes will probably return, if not an offset stripe. Originally I was going to do an offset stripe, but I was worried about the quality of the vinyl, so I did fender stripes. Interestingly, it seems to have become synonymous with my car. Everyone sees the stripes first. Don't get me wrong, I loved the white ones, and similarly I actually hated them the first day, but it grows on you.

Like the gold, I hope it will be as popular as seeing blue wheel covers. They're not so out there, but then with bright sun, the blue easily got washed out.

I will say this much, the gold seems more mature, and if I can get tint soon enough, it should help.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #90
1slofofo
Adam

Oh, but that ford gt's side graphic, that's also something I'm interested in doing later on. It would probably say "1slofofo" instead of focus, though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->