1slofofo's Slow Build - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #141
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Decided plastidip is a rather inefficient way to color wheels, so they're staying silver. And the gold fender stripes looked really off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #142
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 1990 white Acura Integra GS 3-door

FF Reputation: 9 Arco-Zakus Good Standing Member
^^^ It looks great to me just like that.

The wheels are distinctive enough that you don't need stripes or anything to make it stand out from the crowd. The chrome headlight trim also looks better with the silver wheels than it did with gold.

The only thing missing now (besides a slight lowering maybe) is a pair of wide white "reverse" slanted rally stripes. Just to bug the people who don't "get it". Oh, yeah -- and something like the FSwerks split exhaust tip.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #143
1slofofo
Adam

haha I'm working on the lowering, $17x.xx for springs is really good (eibach sportline) but I'm hearing installation costs $400. It's making me consider saving the springs and going for a nice exhaust.

True story, a neighbor two blocks away (new guy around, my mom says he goes to jewel with his dad quite a bit) came up to me as I was trying to use plastidip to remove some residue, and asked if I was spray painting the car. As he walked closer, he seemed really impressed, and thought my wheels were "rims." (As in slang for aftermarket nice wheels.) Made my day
Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #144
1slofofo
Adam

Some "industrial" pictures I took today, and one of the rear, nightshades are holding up way better with some clear coat.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #145
1slofofo
Adam

Such proper fitment :( [photoshop]

Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #146
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
Such proper fitment :( [photoshop]

I like those wheels a lot!
I don't even wanna go to my FDealer to get a quote! And we ain't got no eBay or Craigslist here
:(
Old 11-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #147
1slofofo
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
I like those wheels a lot!
I don't even wanna go to my FDealer to get a quote! And we ain't got no eBay or Craigslist here
:(
Yeah, I think they're at least $350 each, $1,400 isn't worth it just for the oem. I've been wanting wheels with the 7 split spoke pattern (shown below) but I don't wanna get aftermarket wheels that have a bad build quality.

I got lucky and after like two months of searching through pages (I knew exactly what wheels were for sale because I spent so much time searching) I got lucky. Only now are the good looking wheels popping up.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #148
1slofofo
Adam

Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #149
1slofofo
Adam

Lamin-x burned on the same fog light as it did the first time. I won't miss it much, I got tired of looking at yellow lenses when it was sunny out (looked better if it was overcast). It ended up being worse than this picture I took last time:

Currently I'm working on ditching the rest of the stickers on the rear window (they hardly flow with anything). These are the two left (I have a different font of the yoga pants one since then). Windshield banner is staying

Still undecided on directions after winter. I think a few tweaks here and there will happen, but nothing big. I do want to try to get the roof and mirrors in gloss black. If it wasn't for the antenna, I'd do the roof myself. The mirrors are too curved for me, though I have lots of extra vinyl to mess with. I like how the car looks overall. I might mess with interior stuff, I want to make it a stressless environment for traffic and stuff.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #150
1slofofo
Adam

Got some fun floormats coming in (the 3d maxpider ones) should arrive Tuesday. Stock ones look like shit after this horrible winter and 25000(?) miles. Also got some plastidip dissolver because my wheel barrels also look like shit from the old gold. Hope it works for the most part. I don't mind the gold lug nuts, but it looks like dirt on the inside.

I haven't had the energy or time for creativity with school and changing jobs. Though I don't see much changing. The few things I'd like to change all end up being more than I'd like to spend, and my bank account is much lower than I was expecting by now. Especially with the car being less and less comfortable (resting my elbow on the top of the hard door panel) and the suspension being very rough (could be roads, or shitty tires, or both, I can't imagine that the springs are bad already).

I just wanna keep it clean inside and out, and smelling clean. Gotta buy some vinegar and freshen the interior (which doesn't stink, but I always have my window open, I don't want to run the A/C and have to smell something foul).

Listening to any suggestions that don't involve suspension modification.

Here's what the floormats will look like:

Here's what the car looks like (only edit was license plate in first one):

Bookmarks & Social Networks