Drove my dream ST today.. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Drove my dream ST today..

won't be a real long review or anything... or hell not even a review at all. basically i drove my dream ST today... and by the i mean it was EXACTLY how i would've wanted to get it: black, base seats & radio for $25k. i was getting the oil change done on my 2010 coupe and asked if we (me and my gpa) could look at the black ST they have on the lot. he grabbed the keys and we all (me, salesman and gpa) hopped in it and took off. first thing i noticed when taking off was how different the clutch was compared to mine (expected). instantly just kinda jumped forward a bit since i'm so used to the clutch in mine. while driving through the lot and on the streets i noticed how very quiet it is, even compared to mine which has the stock intake and exhaust. getting on the highway i just picked up speed casually nothing WOT or even 3/4 throttle. when i got into 6th i was at about 68mph turning about 2400-2600 rpms and thought to myself thats the rpms i turn at around 60mph. i admit i did stall but it was after that i believe when i started to learn the clutch and where the engagement point was so take-offs were smoother for me!! as for the intake noise/piping i didnt give it enough throttle to hear it until on the way back and even that wasn't full throttle. back to the dealership we go and i parked back in between the two normal Focus' where it originally was. it was pretty cool to drive. i'm sure it could've been alot more fun if i had given it more throttle. do i want it? deep down maybe. am i gonna get it? nahh... it's tempting especially since it's rare to see a base ST down here but i'll still pass on it, i've got my own reasons! but yeah i just wanted to share this since i thought it was pretty cool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Well if you drove one with out the Recaro seats you are really missing out.

My SE has the same seats as the ST1 and they're alright but those Recaro are what's up.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
true. but coming from the seats in the 08-11's, any seat in the 2012+ is an improvement. lol
Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 View Post
won't be a real long review or anything... or hell not even a review at all. basically i drove my dream ST today...
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Red Jay 918! If you change your mind and decide that you can't live without the ST, I recommend reaching out to our Marketing Program Headquarters (1-800-334-4375) or our marketing folks on Twitter (@FordService). They'll fill you in on available incentives, send you a brochure, or even set up a second test drive so you can fall in love all over again. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
Well if you drove one with out the Recaro seats you are really missing out.

My SE has the same seats as the ST1 and they're alright but those Recaro are what's up.
The Recaros are clearly not for everyone.
I'm 6' / 165 lbs. and they are nice and snug.

I can't imagine what someone would do if their passenger had large hips or bottom. Ride in the back seat?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->