ST3 Leather Seats Comfort question - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013 Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
Zokambaa
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119300
Location: Calgary... (that other place in Canuckland), Canada
What I Drive: 2014 TS Focus ST (Built 27.08.2013)

FF Reputation: 1 Zokambaa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I found the rear seats to be pretty good... but the driver's seat??

Well... I preferred my 2002 SE-R spec-V sentra seats better....

The seat needs a tilt function so I can lower the front of the seat and then angle the back using the recline feature... it would take some pressure off the back of the legs I find I get

this would help with the narrowness and extra firm sides of the seat

Really, they should also have a dial so you can pinch in or expand the thigh padding as .

Also they need a dial on the seat backs for adjusting the lumbar.

Granted my Spec-V didn't have an adjustable lumbar, but I had it on an old Mitsu Eclipse/aka Talon and it was a good feature.

I'm tempted to get in the car and face backwards on my knees on my drivers seat and bounce up and down a while to maybe break in the padding.... I bet that would present an amusing image to someone watching in the condo parking garage though..

I honestly hate minimal adjustment power seats... I nan never get them quite where I want, where as the manual adjustment style seem to work better for me.... and without thigh and lumbar adjustments I'd imagine this will be a literally sore point for many owners

So far the seats have been the most common annoyance (beside no backup sensor or camera) on this car that I have seen on a lot of reviews and forums and I would agree... good thing the rest of the car more than makes up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #22
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116150
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST w/ST3 pack

FF Reputation: 1 Anthony2816 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zokambaa View Post
So far the seats have been the most common annoyance (beside no backup sensor or camera) on this car that I have seen on a lot of reviews and forums and I would agree... good thing the rest of the car more than makes up for it.
I added a backup sensor to my ST, and I've been really happy with it. It came with a 3/4" drill bit I used to make 4 holes in the plastic part of the rear bumper. The sensors push-fit into the holes, and then I routed their cables up through a rubber plug I found just behind the left rear wheel. In a space above that accessible from the luggage area I stored the main control box, and tapped into the power going to the left backup light. Then I ran a cable from the box along the left door sills and up to the dashboard where I mounted the little display. It turns on and off as I shift into and out of reverse, and shows a little bar graph for each sensor, plus a digital display in feet for whichever sensor is closest to an object...and turns out to be pretty accurate. If you're at all handy with basic tools, you might consider going that route. I find it more valuable than a backup camera.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
dem778
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102595
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus PB ST2

FF Reputation: 1 dem778 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've been happy with the ST2 Recaro's. They did take a long time to break in and the passenger seat is still stiffer than the driver's (for obvious reasons). I've had some passengers complain about the seats, but overall most people have liked them. The rear bench seems to be the most comfortable according to the passengers as well.
When I first picked up my car, I did notice that the driver's seat was extremely stiff. I knew from driving a pre-production car that the seats would break in and they did. I'm a fairly small guy too (5'5", 120 lbs) so I just sink into the seat between the bolsters. My opinion may not match most just due to my size and being in a smaller ergonomic percentile. In general, the seats have garnered positive reviews from people who have been in my car.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them. Glad I didn't get the full leather though. I wanted HIDs but not enough to deal with the black leather in the Texas sun.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them. Glad I didn't get the full leather though. I wanted HIDs but not enough to deal with the black leather in the Texas sun.
I'm glad I have the HIDs; they're awesome. But you're right about the black leather. I live right on the Pacific coast where it rarely gets above 80, but back when I lived in the California Central Valley these seats would have been deadly in the summer.

I'd happily trade them for the yellow-trimmed cloth Recaros, even though it would mean giving up the seat heaters.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #26
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816 View Post
I'm glad I have the HIDs; they're awesome. But you're right about the black leather. I live right on the Pacific coast where it rarely gets above 80, but back when I lived in the California Central Valley these seats would have been deadly in the summer.

I'd happily trade them for the yellow-trimmed cloth Recaros, even though it would mean giving up the seat heaters.
The HIDs are pretty slick but I couldn't justify the price increase especially if the leather came with it. I do really like the color coding difference in the partial leathers though, I got the smoke (grey) which looks pretty clean with the tuxedo black exterior.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #27
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
The HIDs are pretty slick but I couldn't justify the price increase especially if the leather came with it. I do really like the color coding difference in the partial leathers though, I got the smoke (grey) which looks pretty clean with the tuxedo black exterior.
Yeah, the yellow-accented seats would go much nicer with my Tangerine Scream paint than the all-black ones. Oh well. Auto manufacturers always seem to assume that "fully-loaded" means leather; but I've always thought cloth was much better.

Did I mention that the HID lights have LED-"eyebrows" that look really cool at night? Talk about value! Plus I live in an area with a lot of unlit windy streets...and deer.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #28
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, the yellow-accented seats would go much nicer with my Tangerine Scream paint than the all-black ones. Oh well. Auto manufacturers always seem to assume that "fully-loaded" means leather; but I've always thought cloth was much better.

Did I mention that the HID lights have LED-"eyebrows" that look really cool at night? Talk about value! Plus I live in an area with a lot of unlit windy streets...and deer.
I'm with you on that, the yellow accents with the TS provides for a pretty sweet look.

It's kind of a bummer that you can't get LEDs on the Focus unless you get an ST3 or an Electric. Ford needs to fix that. Plus, they priced them way out of reason in the aftermarket. Close to $4K for replacements, no thanks.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #29
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
It's kind of a bummer that you can't get LEDs on the Focus unless you get an ST3 or an Electric. Ford needs to fix that.
I found it irritating that the ST can't get the rear camera. I ended up drilling four holes in my rear bumper to add back up radar as a cheap alternative.

I also raided a junk yard to get an auto-dimming rear view mirror, something Ford doesn't offer on any of the Focus models...and it's a feature I've had on every other car I've owned over the last twenty years.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
I found it irritating that the ST can't get the rear camera. I ended up drilling four holes in my rear bumper to add back up radar as a cheap alternative.

I also raided a junk yard to get an auto-dimming rear view mirror, since Ford doesn't offer on any of the Focus models...and it's a feature I've had on every other car I've owned over the last twenty years.
I actually had an auto-dimming rear view on my Titanium before I traded it in.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013

Bookmarks & Social Networks