What would you replace your focus with? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #51
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
I actually traded my 2005 Mazda 6 Hatchback in for a Focus. It was as loaded as you could get.

As much as I miss it I do not think I would undo the trade. Right now I am saving $20 a month on insurance plus $20-$25 a week on gas. The only downside is my payments increase more than what I am saving.
That's clean as hell too. Yea the insurance and gas is a bit higher but payment wise is about the same granted the total amount is much more. Luckily my focus is paid off. I really like the mazda though.

Sent from 34.0764 N, 118.4296 W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #52
sekazi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114026
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Tux. Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sekazi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
That's clean as hell too. Yea the insurance and gas is a bit higher but payment wise is about the same granted the total amount is much more. Luckily my focus is paid off. I really like the mazda though.

It looks clean from the outside until you get it on a lift and find out you will have about $10,000 in repairs in the next year or two or possibly worse a doa due to structural failure.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #53
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Mustang Shelby Cobra

Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #54
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
It looks clean from the outside until you get it on a lift and find out you will have about $10,000 in repairs in the next year or two or possibly worse a doa due to structural failure.
Isn't that the truth. Even the car I traded in for my Focus, looked good after the dealer detailed it and added tire shine, then took photos from 10 feet away. Little did anyone know that it needed at least $3K of repairs if not more, not even saying the transmission was a ticking time bomb.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #55
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Hyundaii ---- anything.... way better warranty-----10 year 100K on Powertrain!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #56
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Luckily I got a good warranty and I used the crap out of it the first month fixed all the common problem that the V6 have. Plus a few other things, the one tiny rust spot it had on the passenger rear wheel was was repaired profesonally too. The car is immaculant under it and now completly rust free.
the paint does need some serious TLC as all black cars do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
Hyundaii ---- anything.... way better warranty-----10 year 100K on Powertrain!!!
Have you driven a new hyundai yet? That all my mother inlaw buys the only she owned that looked as good as it rode and drove was the 2011 santa fe. Both on the new elantras she has had look ride and feel like cheap rental cars yet both was loaded. Soft touch and hard plastic interiors, hard seats, stiff loud suspension, weak drive train, and I swear the 2013 she has is going to die of trans failure soon. She's had it in the shop twice now for the horn, and some plastic sheld that fell off underneith.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #57
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Used Lotus

Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #58
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
I've been pondering this a little bit recently because of despair over realization that Ford will never fix MFT because they don't even have a clue what "fixed" would mean or how to fix it. Our DCT, after two firmware updates and 8k miles, works well enough--different, but not bad. The car also has a lot of squeaks and buzzes and rattles from interior trim. But mostly I just hate getting in it and virtually every time MFT does something unexpected, goofy, or just annoying. Like telling me to Connect a Phone when I leave my wife somewhere and drive away from her phone. ("You connect a phone, you P-O-S. It's right here in my pocket. Why on earth do you need my help? Just try it...")

The FoFo alternate problem is the same as it was when we got the FoFo. The 5 dr hatchback is a great packages for my wife and fits our usage very well. The last gen Audi A3 hatch is gone and the replacement A3 is not a hatch in US market. If new Mazda3 is not as cheaply built as last one, it might be a candidate. Golf might be OK but smaller than FoFo. After the MFT debacle and generally lower than expected quality in the FoFo (too many firmware updates, too many body integrity issues, had to replace a steering rack...), another Ford is probably not happening for us. Sorry to say. I had high hopes for the FoFo.

Other issue is my expectation that trade value for our loaded '12 FoFo Ti will be terrible.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #59
mmmfloorpie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72039
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 mmmfloorpie Good Standing Member
Quote:
If I wanted to do it I would get a 2014 Mazda 3 when they are released. The redesign is sure to look amazing. But if in a hurry the 2013 Mazda 3 is always nice.
What are you basing that on?

Will it look as amazing as the current gen did when it was revealed? Lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #60
sekazi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114026
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Tux. Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sekazi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfloorpie View Post
What are you basing that on?

Will it look as amazing as the current gen did when it was revealed? Lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks