So how do you like your Tune?? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #51
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
6 months from now people will be able to see a lot better what turned out best and which tuners are doing the better job

Like some one else said , anyone that looks at dynos to make there decision about what tuner or software to go with may miss out on a lot , you never pick a tuner by the dynos , a tuner will never post anything but there absolute best dyno and most of the other Foci will not make those gains as no 2 Foci are the same

never in 13 years of tuning the Focus have I posted a NA dyno with added mods and a tune to show what a tune will do there far to misleading , and this is what I mean so no one gets hurt feelings

Say a dyno is posted all stock engine of say 15HP and 13TQ , you dyno your car before the tune and then add the tune and you only get 5HP and 3 Tq , your going to be pissed , you call the company and then you hear , yes thats normal not all Foci will make the same gains as posted

This is why I do full custom tuning to each and every car not canned tuning , I get you the most you can have with your car , mods , driving style

Tom
Well a lot of awesome stuff will be coming to our MKIII's with the tuning nut finally crack3d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #52
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok6927 View Post
Well a lot of awesome stuff will be coming to our MKIII's with the tuning nut finally crack3d.
I hope your right and I am wrong but I dont feel it will , been in the Focus scene to long just dont see it happening with the ST now out

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #53
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 48 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
I hope your right and I am wrong but I dont feel it will , been in the Focus scene to long just dont see it happening with the ST now out

Tom
As much as I want to believe otherwise, I think there is truth to this statement. With the release of both the ST and the Fiesta ST, I think our offerings may be slim or custom. With the Focus moving upscale, there will be more attention focused on the entry level and offering. At the very least, with the additional control over the ECU we will be able to keep what is available safe and making the best available power

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #54
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Wink

Quote:

Tom
You never know......;)
Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #55
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
True, however, SCTs website touts it as a 16.77whp gain when in actuality it is probably less than that. That is misleading (which was havoks point). The speed limiter is reached in 4th gear before hitting the RPM where peak power is made, but that isn't the case in lower gears (obviously). There is undoubtedly an increase in power however.

Injected hasn't mislead. Their product isn't available yet. They have not marketed that their product produced 'x' HP increase on 'Y' vehicle. Even when Aron posted the before and after that had the same 'flaw', he later followed up with a before with limiter removed.
Woah I completely missed that on the first SCT dyno. Injected was quick to admit this glaring flaw, and address the issue. Very honest.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #56
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RED_ View Post
When I spoke with Tom he was getting ready to work on one, that was about a week or so ago.

In regards to my observations about my tune that SCT did for my car. Overall I am completely satisfied with the car. The throttle delay is gone so when I hit the gas there is no hesitation like there was before. The red line was moved up to about 7k and the car pulls hard and smooth till red line. Normal day to day driving experiences have been nice as the car behaviors stayed close to stock. Gas milage has improved slightly as well. On my daily commute to work I'm avg about 31mpg mixed where before it was high 29's to low 30's.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Damn I am getting 36-40 and I stomp it everynow and then. injen intake Borla exhaust. Would only tune if it gets same or better.
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #57
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
Damn I am getting 36-40 and I stomp it everynow and then. injen intake Borla exhaust. Would only tune if it gets same or better.
Different driving habits, can't use my gas mileage numbers as the one to base it off of. My car was just to prove that tuning can be done. Take my dyno numbers gas milage numbers with a grain of salt. Proof of concept, as said sct will not be selling a tune itself just hardware and software for shops to make their own.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #58
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thumbs up Got my Injected Engineering tuner

Unboxing...

Size comparison. It's SMALL...

The ports...

Some pics of it in action. This device loads FAST. I have used various SCT and Hypertech tuners, and this is by far the fastest I have ever used. 4 tunes on the device: stock, 87, 93, and 1500 rpm idle for intake valve cleaning (for use with Injected's cleaning kit)...

I haven't had much seat time. I am using the 87 octane tune until I get a full tank of 93 in there. My commute to and from work is a little over 25 miles one way on a curvy an hilly two lane (Route 33 in WV). Today I loaded the tune at work on my lunch break and drove with it home. But, I got stuck in construction and behind a lot of traffic. I need more seat time. I did drive it in town a little, drove in D, S, and Manual. Got to do a couple of WOT passes (one in D and one in Manual). Impressions thus far:

1. Power: more is there, but without a dyno, I cannot say how much. The engine revs so much quicker and much more seamlessly. You give it the throttle and it just goes. It doesn't hesitate. Injected is working on more and I can't wait. There is more there waiting.

2. Drivability: much better with excellent throttle response and no hesitation. When I first started it after flashing it took about 30 seconds for everything to settle in and then it was great. Idle is about 50-75rpm more which is welcome.

3. Shifting: no DCT tuning yet, but the drivability improvements to the engine have improved the action of the transmission. Considering it has to relearn after a flash, it is already much better than it was.

I will report more in a couple of days. Right now things look great and I give kudos to Injected for their efforts and hard work. Fantastic work guys!

Update 5/22/13:

I just filled up with 93 again and should be good to go. I just loaded the 93 tune on my break and I will try it out on the way home today and while doing some school visits here in town.

The 87 tune is not going to show any huge gains at the top end right now (but they are still fiddling with everything and if you knew the sheer number of parameters they have to deal with you would be amazed they are even trying all of this), but the greatest gains so far are with drivability and area under the curve. The car is much more responsive and a joy to drive. Smoother too.

I can't wait to see what the 93 tune brings since they are telling me that I will see a pretty good difference.

And before anyone says that SCT got a 17hp gain on their tune, remember that their car was modified (mine is too) and their baseline was with 87 octane. The tune dyno was with 93 and they revved the engine out beyond the cut off for their baseline. I know _RED_ himself is being realistic about all of it and so should we. Both companies are doing good work we should be happy about. Compare apples to apples guys. Besides, like I have said before: different car, different dyno, different day. You cannot race a dyno sheet...

Last edited by TORQUERULES; 05-22-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #59
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Good news let us all know how it is
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #60
andcool69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90504
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 andcool69 Good Standing Member
Thanks for this, keep us updated as you get more seat time!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FF Mobile
http://andcool69.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->