Oil temp sensor location - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #1
RUFFNUTS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 12222
What I Drive: 2004 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 RUFFNUTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oil temp sensor location

Can someone tell me the best spot to locate the oil temp sensor on my zx3? Instructions say to drill into the oilpan and weld the sensor there, but b4 I do that I am hopeing someone here has done it and can post either a pic and info or just info on the best spot for it to be located.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2137
What I Drive: 2000 Bright Amber Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slammedfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
NO,NO,NO.......DO not drill and weld anything anywere. There is a plug just to the right of the starter on the back of the motor(Zetec). Do not now if you have the same plug there or not but it would be wise to look. Right at the end of the starter pull that plug out(Headless plug) of the block and put a elbow then your sender. That is were i have mine. Hope that helped
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 12-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #3
RUFFNUTS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

What kind of elbow? I want to get all the parts I need b4 putting the car on a rack and installing these, also since im a 4cyl noob im learning this car is about as opisite my v8 car can possibly be in terms of upgradeing, Im trying to find a good spot for the positive wire of my volt meter guage to connect to. Any info would help. One last question where is the oil sending unit to attach a oil pressure guage to? not sure if it goes there like my v8 and guage isnt here yet so no instructions or any parts to see if its a t block fitting to retain the factory idiot light sender unit if the ZX3 even has one?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

The plug i was talking about in my other post is were you want to put the oil pressure sender for your gauge. As far as the volt gauge i have just ordered one but have not got it yet so i am not sure how you would hook it up. I would think you would get your reading from the battery.
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 12-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
RUFFNUTS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

According to Auto meter directions on there web sight the volt meter positive wire goes off any 12 positive wire and the negative goes off a good engine ground. So im guessing the positive wire can be attached to any 12 volt hotwire that is on when the ignition is and off when it isnt so you dont kill the battery, as far as the oil temp location I dont see anywhere to put the sensor cept the oil pan if the other location you spoke of is for the pressure gauge. where is the oil temp located on the SVT? the main blocks are the same i think.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

You can put the oil temp. or oil pressure sendor in that spot i was talking about. There is nothing there right now exept a plug. That sounds right about the volt meter.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #7
RUFFNUTS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Well I ended up drilling into the oil pan and then having it welded in place and it went very smooth and the welding was done by someone who knows how to weld and it works great.

Bookmarks & Social Networks