Regarding a reading on my OBDII scanner - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
popes2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114158
What I Drive: 2006 Cloud White ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 popes2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile Regarding a reading on my OBDII scanner

Hello everyone!

I purchased my first official car a while ago and so far (other than a stuck open thermostat) everything has been fine. I do however want to make sure that I stay ahead of any potential problems my car may have thus I purchased an obdII plug with my Torque app to keep track of performance or possible problems. I noticed that there has been one item failing the test runs I perform with my program and that is regarding the "heated catalyst monitor bank 1", which I do not know very much about. I did some research and checked to see if the car even has one (I know sometimes tests will time out as result of something not existing and "fail"), but so far no luck on getting an answer about this. I was wondering if anybody else may be familiar with what this is, if a Ford Focus 2006 ZX4 SE would have one, and if so is this something I should look into right away. Thanks for any advice given!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
this is regarding the heater circuit on one of your O2 sensors. if you have the actual code the Pxxxx number, type it into the search engine here to hear about what other members have done to fix the problem.

it probably will require a new o2 sensor, or confirming that all your connectors are in good shape and you havent blown a fuse.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
popes2
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the info! So those two items were linked together in a way, good to hear since I know I noticed an O2 sensor test failure a few weeks previously too (though it was for O2 bank 4 sensor 4, which if i'm reading it correctly I don't think my car has 4 O2 sensors). Unfortunately there are no fault codes or even pending codes on my car at this time so I have no PXXXX number (like I had for my thermstat problem recently), just an MID & TID number for the test on my app (which didn't bring up any exactly related results when I searched them up, though I don't know if there is an actual database to research these types of test codes). Not sure how serious of a problem this is if it's not tripping any fault codes, but again this is just preventive measures in case it could become serious.

So you would believe the fuse may be the problem? I was assuming all the O2 sensors would fail the test if the fuse was involved, but I don't recall those kinds of results. I'll check the test one more time to see what the O2 sensor readings say to make sure and maybe look at the fuse just in case.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moving this to "General Technical Chat" as it seems to be more about general maintenance than exterior mods & upgrades.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
popes2
Focus Rookie

Alright, after a few more tests I have written up the 3 errors I have been getting on my car since its purchase. They don't all show up at once but i'm wondering if all 3 are linked in some way. Any possibilities besides checking the fuse and O2 sensors?

Yesterday:
Heated Catalyst Monitor Bank 1

Today (Morning):
O2 Heater Monitor Bank 1 - Sensor 1
Fuel System Monitor Bank 1

It's either one or the other group, again I don't recall seeing them show up all together in a test yet. Also all 3 failed because they timed out, which I would think means they aren't getting picked up (showing sensor period calculated as Min:6,160 Max: 57,447 & Current: 65,520 for all 3 listed).

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->