Manual to Power Windows - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Jonnotron
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112997
What I Drive: 2007 Focuz ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jonnotron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Manual to Power Windows

Hey guys,

I know this has been talked about before, but I can seem to find the reference that I had read previously....anyways.

Ive got and 07 ZX3, it has power locks but no power windows. I remember reading somewhere that if the car had power locks it was already wired for power windows??? Does this make sense? If this is the case, is it just a matter of going to the junkyward and getting the power motor and regulator and switches?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
FocusontheZX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64304
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST II

FF Reputation: 5 FocusontheZX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I did the swap from manual windows/locks/mirrors to power windows/locks/mirrors in my 03 zx3. I had to swap the entire interior harness. If you already have power locks, I would think it is probably wired for powered windows, but I am not sure.

You would have to check two different harnesses to see. First, you would have to check the interior harness of your focus. I would check it where the door harness connects to it. Look to see how many pins it has. It should have a total of at least 8 connection pins if it is wired to windows and locks. If it only has 4, then your interior harness is only wired for powered locks.

The other harness you need to check is the harness in each door. If you pop you door pannel, you should see the door switch harness connector as well as the connector that is powers the window regulator already in place as well.

Once you see if you car has the correct wiring, the rest is pretty simple. You just need a lot of parts.

You would need wiring (interior harness as well as each door harness if you car is not already wired) and make sure there is a little green relay looking box on the driver's harness (this is the automatic down control), you will need both window control switches, both window regulators, and I would go ahead and get the gem module from your donar car.

Then its just swapping the parts. I had to swap everything (interior harness, door harnesses, lock actuators, mirrors, window regulators, and gem module, mirrors, and mirror switch) meaning I had to remove my entire interior. Everything came out except for the dash. I started at about 8 in the morning, and I was back on the road everything put together and working like factory by 6 that night. Granted I have taken the interior out of a focus a lot of times, but it really shouldn't take more than a day to get it done.

I know that was a pretty basic explanation of the process, so if you have more detailed questions, let me know.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Jonnotron
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112997
What I Drive: 2007 Focuz ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jonnotron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
THanks ZX....i spent some time calling some junkyards in and around my area with not much luck. They only want to sell me the whole door, and theyd be wanting about $400. Im likely just going to go with the SPAL kit.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
FocusontheZX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64304
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST II

FF Reputation: 5 FocusontheZX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnotron View Post
THanks ZX....i spent some time calling some junkyards in and around my area with not much luck. They only want to sell me the whole door, and theyd be wanting about $400. Im likely just going to go with the SPAL kit.
Check out this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...=307561&page=2

I laid out the how to in it.

See if there is a junk yard close to you that lets you source your own parts. The one here in indy is Indy Pick A Part http://www.indypicapart.com/home

They let you go in and pull what ever part you want yourself, then you just pay for that part. It is more work on your part, but it is good because you can practice taking the interior out of a focus you don't care about.

Or see if you kind find someone parting a focus out on here in the BST section, or if someone locally is parting one out on Craigslist near you.

I got lucky and my buddy Matt had an SVT with a blown motor, and bought a totaled SVT from an insurance auction to do a motor swap. So I gave him $50 and an extra set of hands on the motor swap, and got the parts I needed for my power conversion swap.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->