Average Tint Cost - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #61
gatmog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15492
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 gatmog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafail View Post
Did they tint the car while it was warm outside? Glass etches a LOT easier when it's hot. When I had my stratus stripped and re-tinted, the shop etched my back glass HORRIBLY (I lived in FL, so it was always hot as a mother). After fighting with them for two weeks, they replaced the back glass and ate the cost.

Glad to see that you were able to get your money back for it though- I wouldn't want to pay for a tint job that damaged my vehicle!
It was in the low 80's

The dude who etched my windows also put the spoiler on top of the car where it slipped and gouged some clearcoat. I wasn't pleased, to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #62
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115261
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE w/MFT

FF Reputation: 8 joshuafail Good Standing Member
Sounds like your shop didn't know what in the hell they were doing.. I'd be spitting nails.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #63
Von551
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115392
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Von551 Good Standing Member
A good metalized tint that won't fade will run about $300 for a focus hatchback. Anything cheaper will be fade or bubble eventually.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #64
2002greenzx3
Not so green zx3

Fan#: 69341
What I Drive: 2010 Mazda3 GT, 1990 Nissan 240sx

FF Reputation: 2 2002greenzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I paid $200 all windows, no visor strip, on my hatch. 3 years later still looking looks perfect. Also came with a lifetime warrenty

Sent from my DROID using FF Mobile

DD: 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring, 6 speed
Project/beater: 1990 Nissan 240sx, 5 speed
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #65
Von551
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115392
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Von551 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehreflex View Post
I'm planning on getting the windows on my FF tinted later this summer. Of those that have done it, what was the cost to do yours? Just trying to find out an average price.

Thanks
So I just got mine done by a highly rated tint shop in SoCal, Mr. Tint. I had them do my Corolla in 2002. Tint is still like new. Full price for all my 7 windows on HB was $290. He gave me a Groupon price for $240. That's a steal, I think I paid $200 on the side for my 5 windows of Corolla to my buddy who worked at Mr. Tint at the time. This is for high-end hybrid dyed/metalized tint. You can spend less or sometimes the same for a dye-only tint which will fade over the years. It may not turn purple and bubble but the darkness will get lighter. By the way, another shop quoted me $270 for 3M dye-only tint, no thanks. Only down side of metalized tint is if your antenna is in the window it will hurt radio reception then you have to go dye-only or ceramic tint. The new Focus antenna is outside the roof, so no issues. I got 35 Llumar Comfort tint all around. I got a Llumar lifetime warranty pamphlet with serial code and full price listed as a selling point if ever needed. I went with a 'medium' tint that you can still see in and not have a hard time seeing at night. I have a black interior though, and it really affects how dark the tint looks. If you want a dark look, you'll probably have to do 20 at least, maybe even darker, because of your white interior. It always looks best to do the same shade tint all around. I didn't do the sun strip because tech said it would look like crap due to the stupid dot matrix etching Ford puts on the top of windshield. Tech who did my tint said a car came in and put on same tint as mine, but with white interior, and it came out looking super light, they weren't happy. The back windows of my car actually look darker than the front because of the rear seats/hatch darkening them and windshield lightening the front 2 windows. This link HERE has good info on tinting so you don't get ripped off. The picture below looks a little darker than they really are because of editing. I like that I don't feel like I'm in a fish bowl anymore and the heat won't be beating on me anymore during summer.

printscreen
Old 06-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #66
Afbar1114
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114836
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Afbar1114 Good Standing Member
I just got mine done yesterday $240. I got 30% all around. It was for a 3M tint. Never had issues with the shop. It's non metal so nothing will interfere. Will not turn purple or fade or bubble. They have a polarized tint for the windshield that blocks out like 80% of the heat and is a 90% tint for like $400 might get that.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #67
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Tint really hasn't gotten pricey over time since back in '95 I got Llumar tint on my '95 DSM for $150 (still looked perfect after 10+ years) and now have the same tint and done by the same shop and only cost $230 and the Focus has 2 more windows and a sunroof. I do recommend extra tint (15% is good) on the sunroof since it really keeps the heat down and you can have the sunshade puled back and the sun doesn't beat in on you.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #68
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
Has anyone had theirs done specifically with 3M Crystalline?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #69
Afbar1114
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114836
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Afbar1114 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
Has anyone had theirs done specifically with 3M Crystalline?
That's what I might get my windshield done with couldn't think of the name
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #70
TitaniumCandy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116019
What I Drive: 2013 Hatch 2.0L

FF Reputation: 1 TitaniumCandy Good Standing Member
$200 for 3M, all windows (including windshield), and warranty

Bookmarks & Social Networks