SCT releases custom tuning for Manual transmission vehicles - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #81
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
So when are you setting up the appointment for the original dyno?
Ill make it back to the shop I did my stock pulls on most likely mid may when have have some extra cash to through at the dyno.

Also I'm picking up an F2 header, so atm my cash is going to completing the exhaust.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #82
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
I think he means a dyno run now, with tuning, so we have a true before and after.
The question is vague and misleading, it could mean this, or it could mean a request to return completely to stock.

The former is easy, the latter is not worth reverting just to re-establish a baseline on the dynojet vs the mustang dyno.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #83
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Even if _RED_ returns to dyno at his original spot, the results will not be a truly unbiased comparison. The factors of temp, humidity, etc. coupled with any changes that may have occurred with dyno calibration will not allow a true apples to apples comparison.

He may dyno there again and see 200whp, or may only see another 170 even with a tune. It depends on so much. The only true way to judge the effectiveness of mods is to do a marathon session in one day with the same dyno and start from a baseline and start adding mods.

Sounds crazy, but dynos are a tuning tool and nothing else IMHO and variables from dynoing on differing days can throw things way off when reading power. I am sure he will see a gain from last time, but who knows how much. That number will depend on a myriad of variables.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #84
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRAYPAINT View Post
I'm not trying to thread jack about SCT but I just read "the fine print". They tuned a car with the Steeda cold air and Magnaflow cat back and only got 177HP. I know that can almost be done without a tuner.

@ Injected - please help us with the 5-speeds! I want 200+hp at the wheels. I have a header, cold air intake, 2.5" exhaust from header back... and a heavy foot :)

Not every dyno is the same. You cannot compare dynos. Look at the gains over baseline. The baseline was with mods too and it was 160whp.

The car put down 170+whp on a different dyno before the tune. So that is a good example as to why you cannot compare dynos.

He gained 17whp with just a tune. That is what you look at.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
Even if _RED_ returns to dyno at his original spot, the results will not be a truly unbiased comparison. The factors of temp, humidity, etc. coupled with any changes that may have occurred with dyno calibration will not allow a true apples to apples comparison.

He may dyno there again and see 200whp, or may only see another 170 even with a tune. It depends on so much. The only true way to judge the effectiveness of mods is to do a marathon session in one day with the same dyno and start from a baseline and start adding mods.

Sounds crazy, but dynos are a tuning tool and nothing else IMHO and variables from dynoing on differing days can throw things way off when reading power. I am sure he will see a gain from last time, but who knows how much. That number will depend on a myriad of variables.
Quote:
Not every dyno is the same. You cannot compare dynos. Look at the gains over baseline. The baseline was with mods too and it was 160whp.

The car put down 170+whp on a different dyno before the tune. So that is a good example as to why you cannot compare dynos.

He gained 17whp with just a tune. That is what you look at.
Exactly. The proof is in the pudding (Dyno Thread), go there and just look at the Dyno results from all different people. My dyno results were not that impressive because of the high humidity and temperature. Alot of variables.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #86
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Exactly. The proof is in the pudding (Dyno Thread), go there and just look at the Dyno results from all different people. My dyno results were not that impressive because of the high humidity and temperature. Alot of variables.
Even so, the only dynos in there in the upper 170s are with a header.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #87
RedVAhb757
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111780
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white ST

FF Reputation: 1 RedVAhb757 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos09 View Post
Low numbers for a "tuned" car. We have seen those numbers without a tune.
Agreed
Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #88
TORQUERULES
The Professor

You guys just do not get it! Every dyno reads differently! He made 170 on one before a tune and 160 on SCTs dyno before a tune! He made 177 after the tune on SCTs dyno! That is a 17hp gain! How hard is that to understand?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #89
TORQUERULES
The Professor

If you carried that over to FocusBoy's dyno which is 175 in the dyno thread I believe and now 183 in his signature (different numbers from a different dyno session but the mods are the same) then if you add 17whp from a tune to that (for the sake of argument lets say the gain is consistent although with the header I can see it being even more), then you are looking at 192whp and 200whp respectively.

But again, results will vary according to the old adage...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #90
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Quote:
If you carried that over to FocusBoy's dyno which is 175 in the dyno thread I believe and now 183 in his signature (different numbers from a different dyno session but the mods are the same) then if you add 17whp from a tune to that (for the sake of argument lets say the gain is consistent although with the header I can see it being even more), then you are looking at 192whp and 200whp respectively.

But again, results will vary according to the old adage...
And his numbers are with a header... So not the same mods on a stock tune. It's like car modding 101 in here. Thanks for keeping up the good fight TorqueRules.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks