MFT and HTC One - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MFT and HTC One

I just picked up the HTC One (64GB, Silver, ATT) and am on the road so I haven't had the chance to pair it with my car but I'm wondering if anyone that has the HTC One has paired it and can comment on functionality,,,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I just picked up the HTC One (64GB, Silver, ATT) and am on the road so I haven't had the chance to pair it with my car but I'm wondering if anyone that has the HTC One has paired it and can comment on functionality,,,
Well, once you pair it and spend time with it, please report back on compatibility and functionality because I'm interested in replacing my iPhone 4S with the HTC One.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
TheNotoriousMAZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107418
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TheNotoriousMAZ Good Standing Member
I currently have the HTC One X through AT&T. If that is any indication, I get just about every feature to work with my Focus. The text message reading works fine, and dialing through the phone's contacts works well with voice commands. If you have a picture associated with a contact, it won't come up on the MFT screen however, but it still says the name. Not really a big deal considering everything else with functionality works quite well.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotoriousMAZ View Post
I currently have the HTC One X through AT&T. If that is any indication, I get just about every feature to work with my Focus. The text message reading works fine, and dialing through the phone's contacts works well with voice commands. If you have a picture associated with a contact, it won't come up on the MFT screen however, but it still says the name. Not really a big deal considering everything else with functionality works quite well.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HTC One X is last year's model right? The HTC One is the new, all-aluminum one right? Confusing names.

Anyways:
1. Can you send reply text messages through MFT?
2. On Bluetooth audio streaming, does it have the skip bug (tracks change on their own)?
3. Does it consistently show meta data (track/title/artist)?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
TheNotoriousMAZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107418
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TheNotoriousMAZ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HTC One X is last year's model right? The HTC One is the new, all-aluminum one right? Confusing names.

Anyways:
1. Can you send reply text messages through MFT?
2. On Bluetooth audio streaming, does it have the skip bug (tracks change on their own)?
3. Does it consistently show meta data (track/title/artist)?
1.) Yes, but only through a selection of pre-conceived responses. All of them are not very useful. "I'm currently driving" and "LOL" are 2 of the choices.

2.) I have no problem with audio streaming, but I really don't use it much. I find that voice control is far more useful by looking up songs by artist, album etc. with a USB drive connected.

3.) It does not show any data from bluetooth streaming on the MFT screen. All it shows is the blue bluetooth icon, and the name of the device it is connected to.

I hope this helps, and who knows maybe HTC added the functionality with a newer model.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
raptor1956
Focus Addict

I will be heading home tomorrow and will get a chance to pair up my One and test it out. I will report back.

BTW, loving the phone...

Brian
Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Since the HTC One doesn't even ship with current android, you may experience some BT audio streaming static sometimes. That's all I've heard though. 4.2.2 helps with the quality.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Not too worried about BT streaming as I prefer to use my USB thumb drive. But, I do want the the phone to be reliably paired.

I'm also not to worried about the One being at 4.1 so long as HTC is quick to roll out KLP.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One using FF Mobile
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
ArcticGabe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86046
What I Drive: 2013 SE Hatch MTX

FF Reputation: 1 ArcticGabe Good Standing Member
Can anyone comment on whether the HTC ONE has the MAP Bluetooth profile? I really want to get this phone, but only if I can receive/send text with MyFord (non-touch).
Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have the HTC One X through AT&T as well. I had issues when I first got the phone with the phone book not wanting to transfer. I had to enter all numbers into the car's phone book manually. After the update, the phone book uploaded all on it's own, text message reading worked, but the voice dial got a little glitchy. I couldn't send a text message through My Ford Touch/Sync, because I don't think the Focus version supports that. At least mine said it didn't every time I tried.

Bookmarks & Social Networks