Old lady car? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I'm not so sure. It was starting to feel like a golden girls fan club convention.

I may have dated myself with that reference.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
As long as your DCT is issue free, don't complain. When you car starts turning heads for how bad the DCT sounds at local shopping malls or etc, than you can complain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 4 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
LOL

Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
'12SEFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101581
What I Drive: '12 Focus SE, Metallic Black

FF Reputation: 1 '12SEFocus Good Standing Member
First ST I seen was driven by a lady that was at least 55!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 4 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Possible they are rental cars, just look for the barcodes on the windows. Down here I see more Focus rentals on the road than people who actually own or lease them.
True. I had not considered that.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
Yeah I see old people drive them too. They're great commuter cars, and Ford is a trusted name. I see a couple at school and work of people under 25, though. It's like the old school old people Buicks, I've seen a lot of young people drive them too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
Better than some Jersey Shore-loving Brodude, don't you think? Z enthusiasts have that particular problem in spades. Drive your car, have fun. The Focus is the best selling car in the world, so all sorts drive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
The focus has always been an old lady car lol.

It just also happens to be really fun to drive.
This^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm in a four cylinder Foci= mpg originaly & it is fun to drive also.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Ger's 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107783
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Ger's 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
So what! I bought the first year Honda Element back in the day they came out. They were aimed for the "college crowd", and I was old enough to be the parent of a college age crowd. Then I saw an OLDER dude driving an Element!!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
I see A LOT of MK3 foci on the road and I'm very serious when I say more than 75% of them are middle aged women.... such is life.

You saw it cuz I tapped it
Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I agree, I've seen more elderly people drive these things than any other age group. This was puzzling until I really thought about it.

1.The elderly generally prefer domestic brands- this one is a no-brainer, When they were growing up what more was a Honda than a lawnmower? (if even that) Plus, America had a reason to be proud of itself back in the day so naturally, buying 'Murican was the thing to do. Oh, and one other thing to consider is those who have some sort of legacy discount from working at a Ford plant years ago.

2. The elderly are (for the most part) frugal- A lot of older people now either grew up during or soon after the great depression. That kind of situation will make just about anyone value every single dollar they have- even if they now have quite a lot. Unless you're talking an ST, it's hard to spec a Focus over 26k. That's a lot of money, but when you consider the AVERAGE sale price of a new car today is 30k it starts to seem better no? From what I've seen around here, most builds run between 18-23k, and that's before incentives.

3. The elderly like comfort- ST and Titanium handling package aside our cars are quite cozy. Imagine an old couple walking through a Ford dealership and deciding to sit down in that newfangled looking Focus. The first thing they will be struck by inside the cabin is how comfy the seats are; especially if they've sampled anything else first. (The seats in a Chevy Cruze gave me a Chevy bruise) Aside from the ST and Titanium's rocking 18's these are comfortable, well-planted cruisers too.

4. Mileage- again a frugality thing. I know plenty of older people who are turned off my how different a hybrid is from a conventional car. Especially a Prius; you need a manual to figure out how to even get one out of park. As a result they tend go for small cars with inline fours.

The frugal and comfort thing also apply to the Hyundai Elantra; which I commonly refer to as the Hyundai LeSabre.

Now of course this is not a blanket analysis of ALL old people. I know of plenty of older people that like to still drive Mustangs and the like. But for the people up in years who have wound up in a Focus I believe at the very least I'm close.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
tt333
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102397
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 tt333 Good Standing Member
lol, op has a point and it's funny because it's true. Most of the mk3 focus I see around (and I don't actually see very many) are being driven by middle aged or old ladies.

I don't actually think I've ever seen in person another mk3 that's modified in any way.

The only point I would make though, is who do you see driving the other non performance hatchbacks? (Golf, Rabbit, Matrix, Fit, Fiesta, 3) ... Mostly old people.

You could have the same thing for pretty much any "regular" car... The civic, jetta... it goes on. :(
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #20
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I hated myself when I fell in love with the zx3 a few years ago, thinking it was "just a stupid old poeple car". then when I got the news my grandma bought a focus for me, all I thought was "awesome" (sarcastic). little did I know i'd fall in love with the car, even more so when I found this website!
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.

Bookmarks & Social Networks