Time to say goodbye... - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #31
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by penet05 View Post
Hopefully, you'll have problem free enjoyably time with the new one.
I hope Ford find a fix for the low rpm rattling noise soon. Otherwise, (although I hate to say this), as soon as the new Corolla hits the dealer, I will either lemon this or trade it in. It is embarrassing driving this car in low speeds, such as in a parking lot.
I was driving into my neighborhood on the way home from work tonight, did a launch from a stop sign at around 10 mph or so, the grinding got loud, a group of people talking on the sidewalk all turned their heads and looked at me don't know what they thought did not stop to ask but it's quite embarrassing to deal with this, happens at work all the time too, nobody has said anything yet, none of them drive Fords so maybe they don't want to pry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
I was a little upside down on the trade, but not much. Having sold cars in the past, and still being in the industry on the service side gives me some "friends in the industry."
Not enough to try another Ford dealer though? It's hard to believe there's only one Ford dealer in a town of that size.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yep, only Ford dealership in a city of over 350,000. We used to have 2, but one bought the other out. My brother is currently having issues with them over the leather seats in his 2012 Fusion. He's putting up with a lot more than I did.

And thanks, thenorm, I appreciate it. I was born a Ford lover, and have owned 2 Rangers, a ZX2, Expedition, Freestyle, Mustang GT and the Focus (I think that's it for Fords). If I didn't work in service myself, I might be a bit more forgiving. But I just felt the dealership wasn't trying very hard to help me out. That's their job, their one and only job - to keep the customer happy, and they failed.

TehMark, I traded a 2011 Sonata on the Focus, and I sincerely doubt I'll ever own another Hyundai. The cars look a lot better, but they're still Korean crap. No offense meant, as I do like the way the Elantra GT's look.

Anyway, here's a pic of the new ride...

So far the GTI is flawless. Fit and finish seems better, tranny is WAY better, and the turbo puts a huge smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
Not enough to try another Ford dealer though? It's hard to believe there's only one Ford dealer in a town of that size.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #34
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:

So far the GTI is flawless. Fit and finish seems better, tranny is WAY better, and the turbo puts a huge smile on my face.
Nice GTI, here's hoping to not having any issues.

I'm about ready to make a leap myself, although I will probably stick with the Ford family myself, maybe get something with a manual though. I didn't have any issues with the DCT but I do miss driving a manual car a lot more than I thought I would and end up shifting the DCT in select shift mode a lot anyway.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:

Nice, I prefer the 4-Door myself, but the 2 isn't bad. I like the wheels, I can't stand the Hufs or Detroits as they call them now. Looks like the Wolfsburg Edition unless you upgraded to the 18" Lagunas?

I was kicking around the Drivers Edition or possibly the Autobahn both in 4-Door but could not get myself to drive 20 miles one way to the only dealership I could trust and even then I found VW service in general lacking. I previously owned 3 Volkswagens, last one was a MKV Jetta which sat at the dealer for 2 months and almost became a Lemon, reason I why I was hesitant, but after the issues I am having with my DCT, I am wondering if it was a good decision afterall?

I am sure you will enjoy it, it will be the last GTI the US sees that was actually made in Germany, the MKVII's will be built in Mexico.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #36
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Beautiful GTI!

Once I have more equity in the Focus I'll be trading up to an ST myself, tired of small transmission quirks and I honestly miss my turbo hatch (came from a Mazdaspeed 3) so, with all the rave reviews and after an ST test drive... a few months of doubling (sometimes tripling) up on payments and I'll have enough into it to get a trade in and keep payments the same, although for another 5-6 years.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #37
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

I thought about a 4-door, but I honestly have no use for them, and I like the lines of the 2 door better. They're the exact same size except for the 2 door having 1 inch more shoulder room in the rear.

They've gotten good reviews from everything I've read, but I'm sure they have their issues, like any other car. Let's just hope if I run into any, I have a dealership that will take care of them.

Mine is not a Wolfsburg edition. The Lagunas are an option, and one that seems to be more common. I don't like the Detroits or Huffs, either. This is the car I requested, and the car I got.

And feta, I test drove an ST, too. I liked the power, but the same dealership was unwilling to get my payments where I wanted to be, so I moved on. The ST was nice, but I just think it's a bit "boy racer"-ish for me.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #38
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Beautiful GTI!

Once I have more equity in the Focus I'll be trading up to an ST myself, tired of small transmission quirks and I honestly miss my turbo hatch (came from a Mazdaspeed 3) so, with all the rave reviews and after an ST test drive... a few months of doubling (sometimes tripling) up on payments and I'll have enough into it to get a trade in and keep payments the same, although for another 5-6 years.
I already paid for my SEL, but was hesitant about losing potentially 6k+ in a trade vs what it cost, but I <3 the ST and the MMT6 is so slick. The clutch does take some getting used to compared to the base focus I had test driven, or even my old car, but its not bad.

Let's see what happens monday night and I might have something to report.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Good luck suss!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #40
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Good luck suss!
Thanks. I was approved to finance more of the car this time, but it still doesn't feel great to take such a hit to trade in a 1 yr old car.

I never had too many issues with the gearbox, but it has a mind of its own sometimes, refusing to shift into the higher gear in manual mode that it would ride in from above certain speeds. Either its lugging it and it shouldn't hold gear, or it should shift into gear from both directions. Little things like this, and the tendency to change gears at the slightest provocation in drive which made it nice and responsive, but when I'm trying to accelerate from 60-70 mph in 6th gear I don't need the car to keep shifting for me.

I didn't stall the ST once, even though I hadn't driven one since last year in the fall or early winter at a Ford sponsored drive event at the dearborn test track. Even with all the nannies on then it was more fun than an automatic 5.0 L Mustang GT. It was the only manual on their courses though.

Might have run across a few situations where its tricky to guess which gear to grab when slowing down or trying to accelerate again, but its still a new gearbox to me so I'm sure I'd learn the power train characteristics in due time.

I kind of think I'll miss the Frosted Glass color, but I think I can manage for the recaro seats, slick gear box and turbocharged engine. The 2.0 L EB seems to be a good one coming from spain at the moment, but the british built 1.6 (Bridgend in Wales afaik) seems to be an issue in the Fusions and escapes, or rather was an issue.

Bookmarks & Social Networks