Time to say goodbye... - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
That was only an issue with the older designs with plastic impellers, they switched to metal soon after, I replaced one of mine on a MKIV I owned as a precaution.
yeah the mk4s were true garbage, but vw still uses a lot of the same parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Poor choice to compare, not even at the same price point, for starters Hyundai 148HP vs GTI 200HP Turbo on the base GTI.

What makes VW expensive is when you step up to the Autobahn Package, then your pushing the price of a more powerful RWD Genesis Coupe.
Wasn't comparing the VW to the Elantra. I was comparing the Focus to the Elantra.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
yeah the mk4s were true garbage, but vw still uses a lot of the same parts.
My MKIV wasn't too bad actually, after 60K miles though it started getting expensive to keep as things wore out, failed or just needed replacement. The only thing that was covered under VW's 10 year warranty was the cat. converter which failed at 50K.

VW's still have issues, just head over to Vwvortex, just as bad as here but not on the DSG so much.

Aside from the Golf, GTI and Golf R, the Jetta was cheapened substantially, even the MKVI GLI is not as nice as the MkV GLI, decontented to boredom.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Me too.........I just traded my titanium in and will be getting my new "brand Y" tomorrow....I actually did pretty well on the trade.........I hope all you with problems have better luck in the future!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #25
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
have fun with your impeller eating water pump.
Plastic (even composite) impellers are not uncommon anymore.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick217 View Post
Me too.........I just traded my titanium in and will be getting my new "brand Y" tomorrow....I actually did pretty well on the trade.........I hope all you with problems have better luck in the future!
I wish I could jump ship sooner, but I do not have enough equity in my car, the upside down would make my payments too high.

On the way home from work today it was grinding terribly, I don't know if I can deal with this too much longer, I may just say screw it a take a big hit and dump it.

Did the dealer say anything about the transmission? I bet they did not even test drive it?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I wish I could jump ship sooner, but I do not have enough equity in my car, the upside down would make my payments too high.

On the way home from work today it was grinding terribly, I don't know if I can deal with this too much longer, I may just say screw it a take a big hit and dump it.

Did the dealer say anything about the transmission? I bet they did not even test drive it?
Yes he test drove it and never said a word! It's a titanium that is as you know pretty well equiped and after negotiating the price of the new car I sprung the "I got one to trade in"....Got $18500 on it... Lost money but not bled dry....that's why I'm getting out. I hope you can get yours fixed. I really liked the Focus but wasn't willing to go all BS...No guarantees on the new one but it does have the ole fashioned torque converter tranny!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick217 View Post
Yes he test drove it and never said a word! It's a titanium that is as you know pretty well equiped and after negotiating the price of the new car I sprung the "I got one to trade in"....Got $18500 on it... Lost money but not bled dry....that's why I'm getting out. I hope you can get yours fixed. I really liked the Focus but wasn't willing to go all BS...No guarantees on the new one but it does have the ole fashioned torque converter tranny!
How many miles did you have on it?

Mine was nearly $26K MSRP before discounts and etc, I am tempted to trade it in but I cannot afford two car payments on one car which is essentially what I'll be forking out with the upside down.

I am keeping my fingers crossed Ford can solve the problem, but the lemon law in Florida is quite powerful so at a last resort I might be better off doing that then trading it in. I am hoping I don't have to resort to that because aside from the boat anchor DCT, I do not have anything else that's annoying me now.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm excited about the VW. I got the manual because, well, I like manuals. And I'll never bash the Focus. I enjoyed mine. It was more the dealer than the car, and it's not the first time it's happened to me.

I was a little upside down on the trade, but not much. Having sold cars in the past, and still being in the industry on the service side gives me some "friends in the industry."
Finally, somebody who has a head on their shoulders and can have a calm discussion about dealers not dealing with the legitamate problems and doesnt resort to blind insane Ford bashing.

your post was very refreshing. Sorry to see you go, but I wish you happy motoring with your GTI!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
penet05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111308
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 penet05 Good Standing Member
Hopefully, you'll have problem free enjoyably time with the new one.
I hope Ford find a fix for the low rpm rattling noise soon. Otherwise, (although I hate to say this), as soon as the new Corolla hits the dealer, I will either lemon this or trade it in. It is embarrassing driving this car in low speeds, such as in a parking lot.

Bookmarks & Social Networks