BBK Throttle Bodies Do Not Seem to Be An Option - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

Points 640, Level 12
Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
BBK Throttle Bodies Do Not Seem to Be An Option

Hey All,
I noticed talk about throttle bodies in another thread and thought I might let everyone in on some information I received from BBK and some BBK vendors. I originally contacted BBK regarding BBK part number BBK-1754 about 2 months ago - I swear it was listed as a 70mm T/B, but now is not. Here is the link (look about 3/4 the way down the page):

http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...e-bodies.shtml

I was informed by vendors that BBK was not making the T/B available even though it was clearly advertised on their site. Here is some communication:

To: Lil Devil Motorsports - Sales Dept. (who then sent the message on to BBK)
A customer, biketcher, has a question about: Ford Focus BBK 65mm Performance Throttle Body - BBK1754:

"I was wondering if you could get a BBK 1754 throttle body (70mm) for a 2003 Ford Focus SVT. Nobody seems to carry them, but BBK advertises it on their website."

Response from BBK through a third-party vendor:

"Hereís the deal. They have one prototyped, but itís on the back burner for now. Theyíre still formulating cost analyses and getting the production dies made. However, it very low on their priority list. They will undoubtedly remove it temporarily from their site, as it really isnít expected to release now until sometime next spring. "

Well, it's still on their site.

Here's yet another communication:

I SENT: (I was getting a little fed up because this vendor did not answer my email after 3 attempts - they turned out to be quite helpful, though)

BBK advertises a 70mm throttle body for the Focus SVT. The part number is BBK - 1754. Nobody seems to sell this part. I have a 2003 Ford Focus SVT and I would like to purchase this throttle body. So far, not one of the (at least) 10 websites I have contacted has even responded to my emails regarding this throttle body. I have even called vendors and gotten blown off - they apparently don't need my money. Oh well...
Hey! Do you want $300 (approximately)? Did I mention that I am also in the market for some other hop-up items such as a couple of VF Engineering Motor Mounts (I have a rear one and they're very good quality)?

Thank you,
Biketcher

REPLY:
Biketcher,

I have put that part online for you. There will be a link below. The only catch is that it is not available yet. BBK does not know when it will be ready. You can keep checking the "Normally Ships" section to see when it becomes available. Or if you hear that it is out, please email us back and we will get you an estimated shipping time.

In the listing they sent it did say 65mm. I am not sure the performance difference for your Focus between the 65 and 70. Feel free to call BBK (909-735-2400) and ask for Jeff. He is our rep down there and can help you out. If he doesn't know, he can totally put you in the right direction.

Thank you for inquiring at Proficient Performance, and have a great day.

Link to Product Details & Pricing:

http://proficientperformance.com/Mer...&Store_Code=PP
BBK-1754 : BBK 65mm Throttle Body for 00-04 Ford Focus w/2.0L SVT

Tina Brown
Web Team
Proficient Performance

The link looks very promising, but remains a dead end (look at the "Manufacturer estimated release" date - it's a teaser...).

If anyone has information regarding the whereabouts of a BBK Throttle Body for the SVTF, I'd love to hear about it. Newer info is welcome, too.

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
Rudejake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9642
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF, #167

FF Reputation: 1 Rudejake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the info. I wonder if they'll ever go ahead with it. With the SVTF being no more, doesn't make much sense that they'd put development costs into a part with pretty limited demand. Just thinking out-loud...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
seraphim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13621
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 seraphim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudejake
Thanks for the info. I wonder if they'll ever go ahead with it. With the SVTF being no more, doesn't make much sense that they'd put development costs into a part with pretty limited demand. Just thinking out-loud...
Ah but there are still companies out there that are developing products for the Honda B16 and B18 motors and they don't really make them for anyhting any more, everything has gone to the K20A and H22 platforms but they still make parts because there are TONS of them out on the road.

Granted there are only about 10,000 SVTF's out there but that's not a bad market as most of the owners want to mess with them. I mean, why opt for the SVT fOCUS unless you had plans for it...
K&N Filter, EBC Pads, EBC Slotted & dimpled Rotors, FR Blue Painted Calipers, Spec Stage 2+, Spec Flywheel, Torsen T2 LSD, Driver and Pass. Steeda Engine mounts, CFM lower mount, Ingals Torque dampner (modified to fit the SVT), CFM STS, 70% tint
Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
I would pass on BBK, seriously FC has always ruled in the TB market so stick with what works.

I'm sure FORD will come out with some sort of new SVT FOCI in the future, as long as they keep making it. The demand is there for it.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

Points 640, Level 12
Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Kinda hard for F/C NOT to rule the market - as far as I know, they are the only ones who make a T/B for the SVTF...there might be another manufacturer, but I can't remember (Steeda?).

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:37 PM   #6
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Steeda TB's are FC ones.... they don't rebadge them, just sell them.....

Jackson Racing used to make TB's but they were crap and a half... horrible stuff. They quit making them, not sure if they made one for the SVT though but I know they did for the non-SVT zetec.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.