Rear Suspension Trailing Arms (dog-bone) replacement. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
hfxbomberfan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92578
What I Drive: 2007 Silver ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 hfxbomberfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Rear Suspension Trailing Arms (dog-bone) replacement.

I have to replace my rear trailing arms (dogbones) in the rear suspension of my 2007 Focus SES ZX5.

The Chilton repair book says you have to take off the rear springs and strut. Is this really necessary ? Can't I just compress the rear spring with a Spring compressor and then swap out the dog-bones ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
old school focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 64365
What I Drive: 01 zx3/ 03 svt jrsc/02 turbo svt

Points 26, Level 1
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 old school focus Good Standing Member
If your talking about the rear control blade bushing I believe you have to remove the whole arm and use a press to get bushing out and replace new. Are you replacing with prothane or energy suspension.If so only press out rubber part. the metal sleeve must stay in. After you install bush then you have to shove the bone thru. its tight.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
old school focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 64365
What I Drive: 01 zx3/ 03 svt jrsc/02 turbo svt

Points 26, Level 1
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 old school focus Good Standing Member
Maybe you ment the main rear control arms. there is no strut. Just coil spring and shock. If you put a jack under the arm near the wheel and compress the suspension you can remove the lower shock bolt. you will need to disconnect sway if u have one. then unbolt outer bolt on arm near wheel. now you can lower jack and arm will drop allowing spring to come out. You can google replace rear control arm zx5 and prob find a video. Hope that helps and good luck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.