SYNC will not "resync" phone files via USB - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
HolyMythos
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113652
What I Drive: 2011 Silver SES

FF Reputation: 1 HolyMythos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SYNC will not "resync" phone files via USB

Hello,

I recently got a 2011 Focus SES with SYNC. I have a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD phone. I have no problems connecting to SYNC via Blutooth. When I plug in my phone via USB on my phone I get two options; connect as a Media Device through MTP, or connect as a Camera. When I connect as a media device through MTP the HUD in my car will say "Initializing..." for a minute or two before saying "Device Unsupported". When I connect via the camera setting, it work (somewhat).

The first time that I connected as a camera it indexed my phone's music files for me. The problem I had is that it took the music files on my phone's internal memory, but not on the phone's Micro SD card, which is where the majority of my music is. It leaves me with only about 25 songs out of about 550. I went into my phone and moved all the songs onto the phone's internal memory so that they're all in the same folder. After reconnecting my phone it won't re-index my folders. If I go through the Explore USB menu and navigate to the folder it still only displays the few songs and not all of them. I have tried switching back to MTP and then back to camera yet it still just instantly pulls up the same small song list.

I've explored the entire Media Menu trying to find a "resync" button or something of sorts but there is none. The only thing that I have not done is the factory reset (which I'm weary to do since I'm not sure how much of the car's info gets reset).

Is there a way to resync/index the phone again? Or should I try attaching another phone and then mine again to see if it'll resync? Or maybe perhaps the fault is my phone and not the system? Any help is greatly appreciated. I love my car and this is the only problem and I feel like the answer is right in front of me haha.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
dodgeguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85952
What I Drive: 2009 black SES

FF Reputation: 1 dodgeguy Good Standing Member
This wont help your phone issue, but I would get a usb stick and put your songs on that. I leave mine in all the time. I didn't even know you could access phone through usb
Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
I use a USB stick on my car also. It recognizes WMA, MP3, etc. formats easily. The only issue I've experienced is occassionally it must re-index the drive or create voice commands about every few days or sometimes multiple times a day if I run errands.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
HolyMythos
Focus Rookie

It didn't dawn on me that I could just use a flash drive. I brought out a flash drive I coincidentally found when cleaning out my old car for the trade in and threw my music on there. And then more problems happened;

When I finished filling up the drive and put it into my car it gave me the usual "Use voice commands when driving" and then "This device does not support unauthorized playback via USB". Not sure what that meant but after telling me that it started playing the first album on the drive. Unfortunately ten songs through the album (fifteen songs) it went back to the first one. When I tried finding the Explore USB option it was gone. I disconnected it and reconnected. It went through the voice messages again and then loaded the first album completely but again still did not have any other albums on it (it would repeat back to the first song at the end of the album).

I figured it may have been the drive so I went out and bought a new one (this one was a good five/six years old). On the way back I figured I would try the Master Reset option and see if it would resync my phone with all of the music which was my original problem. After the reset it doesn't recognize any media, rather than before where it only recognized some. Every time I attach it, it starts indexing, but after a couple minutes it says USB Removed. I tried six times and every time it got to the same point and removed it.

Now I'm putting music onto the new flash drive hoping that it will work. This is so depressing; I love my car and I'm pretty darn awesome at fixing tech problems but this is just defeating me left and right :(
Old 04-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
SESRob
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84340
What I Drive: 2009 Black Focus SES

Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SESRob Good Standing Member
You can go here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...anageSync.aspx

that might help?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
HolyMythos
Focus Rookie

I'm running off of a Linux computer that for some reason doesn't support the SyncMyRide site.

But, problem solved! After throwing everything onto the new flash drive and plugging it in it indexed and started without a problem! I guess half of the problem was the old flash drive and the other half of the problem is horrible Droid support.

So help me if it doesn't work when I get in my car to drive to work tonight.
Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by HolyMythos; 04-18-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added thank you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.