Poll: What does everyone use to wash their cars with? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What does everyone use to wash their cars with?
Sponge 160 25.48%
Natural Sea Sponge 10 1.59%
Wash Mitt 211 33.60%
Microfiber Mitt 155 24.68%
Towel 68 10.83%
Brush 72 11.46%
Other(Please List) 56 8.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #51
jpickles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 415
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jpickles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I use a sponge for the car, a scrub brush for the wheels. Then a chamois(spelling?) to dry the car.

There is nothing we can do, the hippies have us surrounded, and they look like they have the munchies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #52
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I have tried using terry cloth towels to wash, then I settled on a high-quality car wash sponge. THEN....I got my package from Wayne and tried the microfiber mitt. OMG, i will NEVER use anything else! If you have never used microfiber, i urge you to pick up some up to try. I used to have to use a bug/tar remover before i began to wash in order to get all of the bug splatters off of my car. With the microfiber, a little rubbing is all it takes to get anything off the car. Also, with the microfiber mitt, I can better "feel" the surface of my paint and can tell if the area has contamination or anything on it. It also makes for a more 'connected' and enjoyable wash session...but then, I enjoy washing my car. As far as soap goes, I use Meguair's gold class soap.

PS--I use a dedicated microfiber towel on the wheels and tires, same amazing results!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #53
Penwraith
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 11324
What I Drive: 2003 focus Twilight Blue ZX3 (Zetech)

FF Reputation: 1 Penwraith Good Standing Member
Mr.Clean.............

Early morning sunlight - cool to touch.Hose off the entire car.
Mr. Cleanz new rig used with a lamb hide & wooly mitt.
Brush for scrubbing tire surface, and one for the painted stock rims.

I don't use the chamois that much anymore...... rearview mirrors leak a bit after the rest of the car has dried.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #54
jveneziano
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13586
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black Sony Limited Edition

FF Reputation: 1 jveneziano Good Standing Member
I am a clean car fanatic!! I wash my baby at least once a week. I have tried almost every thing to clean my cars. I also use the micro fiber wash mitt. Start at the top and work down.
After I'm done with the body, I use detaling brushes on the wheels and tires. Then I dry with a micro fiber towel.

For cleaners i use only:
Meguair's wash and the body
Meguair's nxt gen car wax every other month
Meguair's nxt gen booster spray on almost every wash
For the wheels and tires i spray them with tath purple stuff. (works great)
Old 10-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #55
Kamui
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10647
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX3 5SP Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Kamui Good Standing Member
I use Mr. Clean auto rinse system as well and clean it off with a towel.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #56
BLKMAMBA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13989
What I Drive: 03 SVT FOCUS-black mamba

FF Reputation: 1 BLKMAMBA Good Standing Member
for the past year of ownership, the comfort of a garage or carport was not an option.i live in the mountains and MUST park the machine under a plethora of sapping trees.i tried to cover it as much as posible but when it could not ,the sap fell to make it even worse the paint is pitch blk.i used the deep-pile terry cloth & turtle wax bug&tar with tree sap removal directions on the back.it like disolves the tree sap dude! on the clean end its mr,clean auto dry from a low presure well and that sucks. i bring it to the presure hoses while i can and dry with terry cloth. i have fond swirl marks like nuts so i used 3M rubbing compund to directions. that worked wonders. after reading i will switch to MICROFIBER for wash and dry. black magic has a wheel brush that is soft enough not to scratch the rim and it is posable.i tried eagle one tire & wheel cleaner but i fear wear from the acid. use mother wheel gell.nice stuff. eagle 1 nano wax,decent stuff but are going high end from a shop for spring 05. MAAS? chrome cleaner for exaust. wipe engine bay with red shop rags and an all purpose(small amount) cleaner. small shot of brake cleaner on rotor only!no rubber! try to refrain from drying and rubbing as mutch as possible .cover at night with a slip on cover. intrior is armour all with red rags. interior tool for crevices.meguiars leather wipes. work well so far! this year i will have a car port!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #57
Kerosene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 14644
What I Drive: 05 ZX5 SE in smooth liquid grey

FF Reputation: 1 Kerosene Good Standing Member
Sheepy Wash Mit. Lots of soap. Rinse well. And dry with a chamoie. When the chamoie is damp at the end of a washin, it takes car of those pesky water spots.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #58
itsalex17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5579
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 itsalex17 Good Standing Member
i use soap and water
Old 11-17-2004, 03:18 PM   #59
viney266

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The two big M's...Mothers and Meguires, that is about all that touches my car..... There is alot of good stuff out there, but as far as soap goes, do NOT use dish soap as it will strip the wax off of your car, thatt is what is supposed to do on your dishes, not good for your car however
Old 12-23-2004, 12:53 AM   #60
andyram87
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15768
What I Drive: 2005 Infra-Red ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 andyram87 Good Standing Member
I use a pressure washer and that Mr. Clean Stuff for the body and just dry her off with normal towels...

Bookmarks & Social Networks