2011 SES Rim Peeling/Front Grille Emblem Peeling - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
KomradeKishka
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103005
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 1 KomradeKishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2011 SES Rim Peeling/Front Grille Emblem Peeling

Is anyone else with a 2011 Focus SES having the same problems with the peeling of the clear coat on the titanium rims? It started, after this winter, when I noticed the peeling on one rim... Then, on all four of them. I asked my Ford dealership (which I had purchased the tire and rim warranty from) and they are asking for a $500 deductible to replace all four rims. Maybe it's just me, but I've heard of them peeling quite frequently on other Foci, as well. Has anyone had any luck in getting Ford to replace the rims without the deductible? Part of me would like to fight to keep the bad rims, have them replace them with new ones, and powder coat the old ones for the winter time to keep the new rims from peeling... Any ideas?

I have also noticed the peeling of my Ford emblem on the grille of my Focus. What the heck is going on with all of this peeling on my Focus? When I go to the junkyard and see a few of the same models, I always check the grilles... and EVERY one of them has the front emblem taken off... Never the rear emblem. Which, in my mind, I assume I can't be the only one with this issue. I'm getting a bit disappointed by it. I will most likely keep searching junkyards for the front emblem because a new grille emblem seems to range in the upper $30-40's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 AM   #2
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 64 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Doesn't sound like much of a "warranty" they sold you (and I'm sure not through Ford).

A number of years ago that wheel type was selling aftermarket for that exact price ($125/rim) for non-current colors. Ones that match yours may be avail. now. Dealer price (and cost) was always much higher than "extra" production from other outlets.

P.S. - quick look up showed the three Ford styles at $149 to $160 at Tire Rack, your style only in light grey or black currently. Prices a little higher than '08 (grin).

S.R. #275
Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
KomradeKishka
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103005
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 1 KomradeKishka Good Standing Member
My Ford dealership offered a tire a rim warranty that covers the rims in case of pot hole damage, side wall damage, curbing of the rims, etc. They gave that warranty for free along with the oil changes for seven years or 75k, a scratch and dent coverage, and upgraded my warranty to the premium one. It might just be a dealership warranty. They're really nice about it, but I refuse to pay $500 for a bad coating job.

I have the papers and everything... Just bugs me because Ford didn't clear coat them the greatest... I would like to write to Ford but what good is that going to do.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
ThaKillerKlown
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73791
What I Drive: '11 SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 ThaKillerKlown Good Standing Member
Every 08 - 11 SES has or will have peeling paint on the rims. My solution was replace the peeling rims with SVT 5 spokes! =)

Ford wont replace or repair anything related to those chipping wheels. There are dozens of threads about it here. As for your emblem peeling, new to me!

Bookmarks & Social Networks