rota grid offroads, low offset - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
slammed08colorado
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112076
What I Drive: 2005 black zx3, 2008 red colorado

FF Reputation: 1 slammed08colorado Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
rota grid offroads, low offset

Hi all ,

I know I'm new but I'm a long time lurker. I've been looking for the exact wheels to set off my focus, with the correct offset to be "flush". I am looking at rota grid offroads in black, 16x8 with a 30 offset or possibly 25, so the rim would be perfect on the edge of the fender or have a bit of "poke" that would look great with some 195x45r16s. But the minimum order is 3 sets of the wjeels. Any one else interested in rotas for their focus? It would be a super low production run and a wheel that no one else would really have on a focus ( I know they have a few of them out there but its hard to find them in 4x108)

Thanks again and I love the forum!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed08colorado View Post
Hi all ,

I know I'm new but I'm a long time lurker. I've been looking for the exact wheels to set off my focus, with the correct offset to be "flush". I am looking at rota grid offroads in black, 16x8 with a 30 offset or possibly 25, so the rim would be perfect on the edge of the fender or have a bit of "poke" that would look great with some 195x45r16s. But the minimum order is 3 sets of the wjeels. Any one else interested in rotas for their focus? It would be a super low production run and a wheel that no one else would really have on a focus ( I know they have a few of them out there but its hard to find them in 4x108)

Thanks again and I love the forum!
Welcome to FF. People are going to want to know the cost. Have you pm Jilian at Tirerack? Tirerack is one of the sponsor's here. You could checkout the bst section.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
slammed08colorado
Focus Rookie

sorry about that i thought i put that in the first post - they would be 699 per set.

i haven't pm'd him, but i'll check it out thanks! the main reason i wanted to get these custom made is because i am trying to go for the "hella flush" look, and there's not much out there with a low offset for the focus
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed08colorado View Post
i am trying to go for the "hella flush" look, and there's not much out there with a low offset for the focus
sure there is. every 4 bolt ford Mustang wheel ever made.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
slammed08colorado
Focus Rookie

I don't want mustang wheels, and every wheel company I have seen the wheels they have for mustangs are either replica cobra wheels or american racing wheels... I can't find any tahat are the style I'm going for and still the correct offset
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
I'm sure you'll be able to find some folks who would be down. My main reservation is that 16" wheels with 195/45 tires aren't going to fill the wheel wells very well. That would be perfect for something like an Integra, but the Focus needs 17" or 18" wheels to get away with tires that small.

You might also have more luck getting wheels with et35 offset and then using spacers for your own application. 8" wide with et30 would be pushing it, and et25 isn't going to appeal to many people.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku
Old 04-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
slammed08colorado
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
I'm sure you'll be able to find some folks who would be down. My main reservation is that 16" wheels with 195/45 tires aren't going to fill the wheel wells very well. That would be perfect for something like an Integra, but the Focus needs 17" or 18" wheels to get away with tires that small.

You might also have more luck getting wheels with et35 offset and then using spacers for your own application. 8" wide with et30 would be pushing it, and et25 isn't going to appeal to many people.
Alright thanks I'll research through the forums and try and find the exact size that would look good on a focus... I'm really new to the focus so I don't know what size would look the best, thanks for the help man! I found a thread on focal jet of a guy with cobra wheels in 17x9 that looked really good, but as stated, I'm not a fan of the mustange wheels. Thanks again sir and I appologize for not knowing!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
For comparison, here's a set of 17x8 wheels that are around et30 offset (owner isn't quite sure). I don't think you'd want to go lower than 8" et30.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku

Bookmarks & Social Networks