nexus 7 carputer - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
daverave
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100281
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 daverave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
nexus 7 carputer

So I decided to use my google nexus 7 tablet as a head unit. I'd seen it done before and I already owned the tablet so I thought, "why not?" I got a small (cheap) 4 channel amplifier and wired it up so that I could plug an auxiliary line in directly to the amp to the speakers. It's going pretty well so far. I'm working on getting a charging cable installed behind the dash so I can wake up the tablet without removing the dash trim (it wakes up when you plug in the charger). My question for you guys is how would you go about installing that charger, I want to hard wire the charger so it's hidden and so that I could put a switch in. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thats awesome man. I'd like to do something similar but I already have a really nice aftermarket head unit. I would recommend getting a 12v car charger and splicing the cable into an existing fuse with a littlefuse add-a-fuse kit that activates when the car turns on. I think you can use the stock radio fuse, or the heated seats should work.

Here's the littlefuse add-a-fuse unit, they should have them at O'reily/Autozone, that's where I got mine. If you do decide to go that route, PM me if you have any questions.
http://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA.../dp/B0002BGELQ
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
That fitment looks pretty good, how do you have it secured? If you figure out the add a fuse and how to get it to power on with out having to pop the 7 out each time, do let us know. Would be great for trips, I'd just tether it to my s3 for data. good idea...

Bookmarks & Social Networks