Focus ST or Fusion SE 1.6 Ecoboost 6-spd M/T? Which would you pick? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #31
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
Relax, will you, suss? These aren't P71s, for Pete's sake.
I'm not arguing and am relaxed. It has nothing to do with being a "p71" or something, but it was listed in the order guide that the 1.6 L 6MT Fusion is retail order only, and from the tracking info I had been given when I placed my order a retail stock or stock replenishment order is classified differently from a retail sold or customer ordered car.

This Fusion was special ordered according to the window sticker, but they didn't put a specific name on it.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...62&modelid=289
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I'm not arguing and am relaxed. It has nothing to do with being a "p71" or something, but it was listed in the order guide that the 1.6 L 6MT Fusion is retail order only, and from the tracking info I had been given when I placed my order a retail stock or stock replenishment order is classified differently from a retail sold or customer ordered car.

This Fusion was special ordered according to the window sticker, but they didn't put a specific name on it.

Who cares? The car is there and it's available, what difference does it make how it got there, especially to you?

Looks like a nice car, actually. I'd buy it over an ST.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #33
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Who cares? The car is there and it's available, what difference does it make how it got there, especially to you?

Looks like a nice car, actually. I'd buy it over an ST.
Obviously you care or you wouldn't have brought it up, but if I was going to special order a car I probably wouldn't have loaded it up like that personally, but to each his or her own.

If you want it, it looks like it was still available. None of the dealers around here have any manual 1.6L fusions as far as I know, but it would still be interesting to see if its any good compared to the ST, the ST's gearbox was nice.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #34
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Quote:
Obviously you care or you wouldn't have brought it up...
Not true, you brought it up first. Your very first response to this thread contained this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss
...The Fusion would be nice, but either someone backed out of the order for some reason or the dealer created a fake sales order to get one.
As if the car is somehow tainted or something shady is going on.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002greenzx3 View Post
ST for sure. or wait to the fiesta ST
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #36
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Not true, you brought it up first. Your very first response to this thread contained this:

As if the car is somehow tainted or something shady is going on.
I brought up the order guide as a fact that such a car generally does not exist without a name attached to the order. Nothing said anything shady was going on.

As the order guide states the car was special ordered rather than being something you'd find on just every single dealer lot. Most dealers won't stock any manuals at all.

The Fusion would be more unique therefore.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #37
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 View Post
Focus ST w/o question.... Fusion isn't much of a midsize sedan anymore. i was checking out the weight of its counterpart (MKZ) w/ AWD and the 3.7L V6... well over 4200+lbs. now if you said the 2010-2012 2.5L w/ a turbo and 6 speed manual or Sport w/ the 3.5L (regardless of FWD/AWD for me) then THAT could be a difficult decision...
I do like the sport version of the older fusion. Two different cars now.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #38
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Quote:
I brought up the order guide as a fact that such a car generally does not exist without a name attached to the order.
Well, this one seems to exist fine.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #39
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:

What makes it special? OT-1? When did they printing special order on them?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #40
mjd4277
King of all blacks!!

Fan#: 64900
What I Drive: 2013 Fusion SE,2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

FF Reputation: 7 mjd4277 Good Standing Member
Okay ladies and gents-the answer you've been waiting for. I've test driven both the M/T Fusion SE and the Focus ST and based on what I felt and experienced,it's official:

I'M GOING FOR THE FUSION!!!

I'll explain why.

Driving report on the Fusion SE:Wow,this car is QUIET!!! Hardly any road noise,even at 65 m.p.h.the Fusion has a lot of insulation canceling out the road noise.The seats are very comfortable(I'm 6'2" and 300 lbs so I need a big seat). The 1.6 liter EcoBoost won't win any stoplight races but it's no slouch either,plenty of pulling power to get the car moving. The ability to move the power seat and the steering wheel into the perfect driving position is top notch. This car was made for long and short road trips. There's a LOT of technology put into this particular Fusion(MFT,SYNC,etc) that will keep you entertained,driver and passenger alike. The 6 spd manual is one of best(if not I dare say,THE BEST)manual transmissions I've ever driven. It definitely makes good use of the EcoBoost engine's powerband with each gearshift going in with Honda-like quality. The woodgrain is a nice touch,something you wouldn't expect in a midsize mainstream family car. There's plenty of trunk space for suitcases and golf clubs. It looks smaller than my Focus but it still has plenty of capacity.One unusual feature of the Fusion is that it has an electronic parking brake, Flick the switch on the center console to activate it and do the same to deactivate.With that being said,this car becomes you,and it certainly evokes good emotions.

Driving report on the Focus ST:This car is a HOOLIGAN and a half!! Excellent acceleration,lots of torque to get you moving in a jiffy. Instrument panel is nicely laid out,but there's lots of hard plastic on the dash and the doors,surprisingly. The seats really are buttpinchers(this particular ST had the cloth seats instead of the full leather mind you) and takes away from a fun driving experience. Also,the pedals are spaced a little to close together-a couple of times I almost hit the brake while trying to depress the clutch-not good. The 6-spd has good closely spaced ratios,while an upshift indicator light in the info center tells what gear to upshift to. Again,a lot of tech in the vehicle,with MFT,SYNC and a Sony subwoofer in the cargo area. The ride is a little bumpy,not helped by the fact that STs come from the factory with summer only tires so there was some noticeable "vibration" from the car sitting a while on the lot.The center exhaust with the chrome tip is a nice touch.

Although both cars stickered around $29K,the Fusion actually is CHEAPER than the Focus ST with the sale price Portsmouth Ford is having($25,495 versus $26,065).

So there you have it folks,my evaluation of both vehicles. Monday I'm taking my Focus up to get appraised and to see what numbers I get and if I like it,the Fusion may come home the same day. Any questions,feel free to ask me.
2003 Nissan Frontier SVE "Trailbreaker"
Team Duratec #241-Bailout Money?!?! WTF is that??

Bookmarks & Social Networks