What a terrific day - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103288
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black focus s

FF Reputation: 1 Zuesskroph Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree a intake and cat back should not cause a drastic enough change to do this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #22
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

On another note I forgot to add I checked my oil when this happened for metal shavings and noticed it was low,but because of my service package this dealer is the only place to mess with my oil.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #23
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

But on another note I need a loaner,and the service lady says I can't have one cause I'm not 25,does anyone else thinks this smells funny and that I should call the general manager and speak to him about it.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
screamindman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111867
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Dark Red

FF Reputation: 1 screamindman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When an engine leans out because it's flowing better, it heats up exponentially because there is less fuel to help cool down the combustion chambers. If there is any weak spot in the valves or pistons they will eventually fail. We really need to have someone get us a tune. I would also only use a full synthetic oil which will help a little. My car has a CAI and dual exhaust but I am not going any further until I can get a tune.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Yes but it honestly shouldn't be leaning out
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuesskroph View Post
But on another note I need a loaner,and the service lady says I can't have one cause I'm not 25,does anyone else thinks this smells funny and that I should call the general manager and speak to him about it.
That sounds like utter bs on the loaner. I'm not 25, yet got one a few weeks ago. While I was there, this high school age girl was dropping her car off and was being given crap about the loaner, but they just called the manager up who said it was fine. I don't think she was even 18.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #27
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
They are probably going to put a short block in it, and they should give you a loaner, just be patient until they get the approval from the hotline. Possibly a long block if they find damage to the cylinder head. If you were going to be paying for a replacement engine like ford is, you too would tear the entire engine down to ensure that it was defective and not from being bounced off the rev limiter for an hour. This process takes time.

Yes I work in a ford dealership.

Matt

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Tapatalk

00" Red ZX3: Volant, ported throttle body, titanium wrapped SVT header, 2.5" exhaust, Magnaflow res/muffler, FR UDP, Mac cam gears, Lowered 2", Koni's.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuesskroph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
That sounds like utter bs on the loaner. I'm not 25, yet got one a few weeks ago. While I was there, this high school age girl was dropping her car off and was being given crap about the loaner, but they just called the manager up who said it was fine. I don't think she was even 18.
It really depends on if its a dealer owned loaner car or a rented car like from Enterprise, as well as the general state laws/ rules regarding renting cars to those under 25.

If you had to rent the car yourself you would have to pay more due to being under age, however the shop should be able to bypass this since the car is in for service.

It does seem a bit harsh, but if they don't even have approval yet for the parts it may have to wait a bit? Idk.

I've gotten a loaner car precisely once but then they didn't end up fixing the car at all.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #29
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

They approved it just waiting now,I just spoke to the manager and he said the same thing that the insurance on loaners isn't good on anyone under 25 so now I'm annoyed that I bought a service package.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #30
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

I'm just plain annoyed and stressed lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->