Tuning Solution (Injected Engineering) - Page 55 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #541
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok6927 View Post
Okay so I just took my focus on one of my favorite twisties near my house. It's a all second gear kind of road and I absolutely love this tune so far. I averaged about 1500 more rpms and could of redlined it 3 times as apposed to get close to it once. Oh and anyone who's pushed their MKIII on a road like this is all too familiar with the car's hesitation and lag when stepping off and on the gas ( it's like the car is saying WTF are you trying to do!!). Well that's completely gone!! It doesn't do that when I step off the gas anymore and is always ready to gobble up the rpms when I step back on it...
If that's the case, I can't wait for the tune and to be able to test it on my fav road in Virginia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #542
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
hi all I thought I was keeping up to date but missed the new threads. I JUST saw this thread lol.
Anyways I have DCT Sedan with Steeda CAI. I hope to get an exhaust system, maybe custom. Also I hope to get headers but I'm a noob so I need to wait till someone else does it. I'm gonna be lowered on sportlines and spacers.
It would be nice if the tune would help the DCT someway, i'm still having shuddering issues and bog-down issues. I had my clutches/seals replaces 1.5 months ago and the car's been MUCH better but it could still be a lot better. For example, if i'm in 1st gear and accelerate a little, then let go of the gas and cruise for a couple seconds, and then put my foot back on the gas a little and at that moment the car shudders/jerks violently from front to back. Also this can happen at higer gears/speeds but it is easier to make the car jerk at lower speeds.

but also the more power and more mpg's the more awesome!

thx
Old 05-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #543
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
hi all I thought I was keeping up to date but missed the new threads. I JUST saw this thread lol.
Anyways I have DCT Sedan with Steeda CAI. I hope to get an exhaust system, maybe custom. Also I hope to get headers but I'm a noob so I need to wait till someone else does it. I'm gonna be lowered on sportlines and spacers.
It would be nice if the tune would help the DCT someway, i'm still having shuddering issues and bog-down issues. I had my clutches/seals replaces 1.5 months ago and the car's been MUCH better but it could still be a lot better. For example, if i'm in 1st gear and accelerate a little, then let go of the gas and cruise for a couple seconds, and then put my foot back on the gas a little and at that moment the car shudders/jerks violently from front to back. Also this can happen at higer gears/speeds but it is easier to make the car jerk at lower speeds.

but also the more power and more mpg's the more awesome!

thx
DCT tuning will be next on the agenda. As soon as we can release the 87/93 octane tunes.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #544
Ladder812
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113977
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Ladder812 Good Standing Member
When you say on the agenda the tunes for 87/93 are separate from the Dct tune?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #545
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
That is correct. Actually we will be calling them 88/92 octane tunes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #546
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Is it Fathers Day yet?
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #547
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron@Injected View Post
That is correct. Actually we will be calling them 88/92 octane tunes
i'm running 93 octane. You mean your DCT tune is just gonna be titled 88/92 just for a different title's sake? wouldn't that confuse some people? like... me

anyways i'm taking my DCT into the dealership again on Monday so i'll keep you posted of if my transmission issues go away - I figured you might be interested since you're developing a DCT tune. sorry if off topic.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #548
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
i'm running 93 octane. You mean your DCT tune is just gonna be titled 88/92 just for a different title's sake? wouldn't that confuse some people? like... me

anyways i'm taking my DCT into the dealership again on Monday so i'll keep you posted of if my transmission issues go away - I figured you might be interested since you're developing a DCT tune. sorry if off topic.
No he means they're making the two tunes 88/92 to be compatible for 87-93 for all the people who can only get 91.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #549
awsimons
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100921
What I Drive: Sonic Blue 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 awsimons Good Standing Member
Havok, Have you noticed when slowing down and turning then trying to accelerate again, that the car hesitates? Before or after the tune? For me, my car won't downshift or start revving until the steering wheel is about straight after I'm making a 90 degree turn. Does this tune fix this "lag"? Thanks!
Alan
Mods: Debadged, 30% LLumar CTX Tint, MS3 RMM, Steeda RSB
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #550
iceman05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107405
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 iceman05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsimons View Post
Havok, Have you noticed when slowing down and turning then trying to accelerate again, that the car hesitates? Before or after the tune? For me, my car won't downshift or start revving until the steering wheel is about straight after I'm making a 90 degree turn. Does this tune fix this "lag"? Thanks!
Alan
That is happening to me too, but after I installed intake, exhaust & use 93 fuel, I don't feel it anymore. Also, I have gone to the dealer to issue this and they update it.

2012 Focus SE Sedan
SR # 273

RR # 111

Bookmarks & Social Networks