Tuning Solution (Injected Engineering) - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #531
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, we've successfully loaded our 87 octane tune into a 5 speed car. He should be along anytime now to let us know what he thinks. For the record, we took a baseline dyno of his car........loaded the file for him to drive. We'll probably get a dyno of the new tune on the car tomorrow sometime and post that. Right now I want him to give me some feedback on any changes in the driving characteristics........good or bad. All of this will be out in the open, and hopefully we can all live vicariously through him for the time being! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #532
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron@Injected View Post
Well, we've successfully loaded our 87 octane tune into a 5 speed car. He should be along anytime now to let us know what he thinks. For the record, we took a baseline dyno of his car........loaded the file for him to drive. We'll probably get a dyno of the new tune on the car tomorrow sometime and post that. Right now I want him to give me some feedback on any changes in the driving characteristics........good or bad. All of this will be out in the open, and hopefully we can all live vicariously through him for the time being! lol
Love the tune so far!! There's a big difference in overall drivabilty. Very smooth revving. I will drive it around more today and post anything else I find. The first thing I noticed is how much quicker it revs. First drive with Aron I redlined in first cause I just wasn't expecting it to already be there from what we're use to from these car's.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #533
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron@Injected View Post
I have a better option for you in the future. There won't be a reason to remove the rear 02. Right now all of my attention is on getting these devises into people's hands, and on the road.

I don't want to remove it, just keep it from throwing a code. Most tuners just disable it. It is just there to make sure the converter is working anyway. The front sensor is the critical sensor.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #534
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok6927 View Post
Love the tune so far!! There's a big difference in overall drivabilty. Very smooth revving. I will drive it around more today and post anything else I find. The first thing I noticed is how much quicker it revs. First drive with Aron I redlined in first cause I just wasn't expecting it to already be there from what we're use to from these car's.
Excellent. Soooo Aron... been playing with the cam timing (Ti-VCT) have we?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #535
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
I don't want to remove it, just keep it from throwing a code. Most tuners just disable it. It is just there to make sure the converter is working anyway. The front sensor is the critical sensor.
You can turn off the CEL but not the "Readiness not complete" that will come up with an inspection , already dont this

If they plug into your OBDII in your state it will read the above and fail the test

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #536
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You can turn off the CEL but not the "Readiness not complete" that will come up with an inspection , already dont this

If they plug into your OBDII in your state it will read the above and fail the test

Tom

No testing here. I am just curious to see what everyone will be offering. I know I used to get this option on my SCT tuners all the time.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #537
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
^^^^That's correct, there is no reason to do something halfway. Once we get the 87/93 files on the market, we can move on to bigger and better things
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #538
havok6927
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113248
What I Drive: 2012 Focus se hatchback 5spd black

FF Reputation: 1 havok6927 Good Standing Member
Okay so I just took my focus on one of my favorite twisties near my house. It's a all second gear kind of road and I absolutely love this tune so far. I averaged about 1500 more rpms and could of redlined it 3 times as apposed to get close to it once. Oh and anyone who's pushed their MKIII on a road like this is all too familiar with the car's hesitation and lag when stepping off and on the gas ( it's like the car is saying WTF are you trying to do!!). Well that's completely gone!! It doesn't do that when I step off the gas anymore and is always ready to gobble up the rpms when I step back on it...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #539
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Okay so I just took my focus on one of my favorite twisties near my house. It's a all second gear kind of road and I absolutely love this tune so far. I averaged about 1500 more rpms and could of redlined it 3 times as apposed to get close to it once. Oh and anyone who's pushed their MKIII on a road like this is all too familiar with the car's hesitation and lag when stepping off and on the gas ( it's like the car is saying WTF are you trying to do!!). Well that's completely gone!! It doesn't do that when I step off the gas anymore and is always ready to gobble up the rpms when I step back on it...
Revised tip-in! So much funner when you take the nanny out of the loop a bit.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #540
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Quote:

I know that hesitation all too well... Glad to hear it's gone!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->