Tuning Solution (Injected Engineering) - Page 165 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #1641
timeatkuu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112507
What I Drive: '12 BlCndy Ti Hatch DCT w/ Hand Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 timeatkuu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You don't like to use the plastic loan shark? I use it as my debit card because I get cashback. So I got rewarded for buying this tuning device, and the T-stat was just a tip for Aron and le gang ;-)

Btw... I'm picking it up this Saturday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #1642
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeatkuu View Post
You don't like to use the plastic loan shark? I use it as my debit card because I get cashback. So I got rewarded for buying this tuning device, and the T-stat was just a tip for Aron and le gang ;-)

Btw... I'm picking it up this Saturday
Tune is great, you will like it.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #1643
yoshi1015
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115360
What I Drive: 2013 Black Ford Focus Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 1 yoshi1015 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron@Injected View Post
You can have a device now...........
ok just read where i can order the tuner but I need someone in southern california who has a obd reader to help me get my code so i can order
let me know if anyone is available
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #1644
carnage.exe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 112726
What I Drive: '13 Perf. Blue Focus, '13 Dart GT

FF Reputation: 1 carnage.exe Good Standing Member
Aron already stated that the tuning device can pull the codes for you.
Injected Tune!
More to come!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #1645
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi1015 View Post
ok just read where i can order the tuner but I need someone in southern california who has a obd reader to help me get my code so i can order
let me know if anyone is available
Post 112 of this thread. I'm not sure if I can post links to my forum or not soooooooo if a mod needs to they can pull it down.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...319126&page=12
678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Want the best tuning available for your MK3 2.0L GDI Focus? Order here http://injectedstore.com/

Coming soon Injected ST Tuning!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #1646
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Received my tune two days ago and have done some driving with it. Definitely loving it so far. The install was really easy and even my mechanic friend who I showed was impressed with how simple it was. I went straight with the 93 tune since I always use 93. I have done about 300 miles with it so far and here is what i've noticed so far.

Like I said, the install was super easy. I apparently had 8 trouble codes pending... Oops! Half of them were codes from the battery dying and half were DCT related I think. When the tune finally flashes and the lights on the dash die I got a low brake fluid level warning message for a second... I didn't even know we got those!

First gear launches are SO MUCH MORE FUN. Actually, with the DCT, anything first gear post tune is fun... Even just leaving a stop at a normal pace. But first gear has become a lot shorter than it was pre-tune... Nice to have that ready power instead of a second of the car bogging down.

The power band through the RPMs is much more consistent now. Now log or bog after a first to second shift... In fact it feels like there is a little extra power right after the shift. Quite nice.

The throttle acts as a throttle!! Like someone else said on here, it's not a suggestion anymore... It's a COMMAND. It's so much nicer to not have that lag anymore, especially on some nice, twisty roads.

Somehow, the first day I got the tune I was ON IT most of the day but the MPG on my dash was going up. We'll see in a few weeks when I make my road trip how the MPG does.

So now the question everyone asks... How much power did you gain? My truthful answer is that my butt dyno doesn't feel any. The power is more available and it's more consistent but I don't really feel like I gained much... Not like when I got my CAI or Exhaust. Maybe a few HP and TQ... I'd say 3 -7 probably which is fine as I was really looking for drivability right now. Now, when I can finally tune for the CAI and Exhaust i'm sure that's when ill notice more power.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1647
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
Received my tune two days ago and have done some driving with it. Definitely loving it so far. The install was really easy and even my mechanic friend who I showed was impressed with how simple it was. I went straight with the 93 tune since I always use 93. I have done about 300 miles with it so far and here is what i've noticed so far.

Like I said, the install was super easy. I apparently had 8 trouble codes pending... Oops! Half of them were codes from the battery dying and half were DCT related I think. When the tune finally flashes and the lights on the dash die I got a low brake fluid level warning message for a second... I didn't even know we got those!

First gear launches are SO MUCH MORE FUN. Actually, with the DCT, anything first gear post tune is fun... Even just leaving a stop at a normal pace. But first gear has become a lot shorter than it was pre-tune... Nice to have that ready power instead of a second of the car bogging down.

The power band through the RPMs is much more consistent now. Now log or bog after a first to second shift... In fact it feels like there is a little extra power right after the shift. Quite nice.

The throttle acts as a throttle!! Like someone else said on here, it's not a suggestion anymore... It's a COMMAND. It's so much nicer to not have that lag anymore, especially on some nice, twisty roads.

Somehow, the first day I got the tune I was ON IT most of the day but the MPG on my dash was going up. We'll see in a few weeks when I make my road trip how the MPG does.

So now the question everyone asks... How much power did you gain? My truthful answer is that my butt dyno doesn't feel any. The power is more available and it's more consistent but I don't really feel like I gained much... Not like when I got my CAI or Exhaust. Maybe a few HP and TQ... I'd say 3 -7 probably which is fine as I was really looking for drivability right now. Now, when I can finally tune for the CAI and Exhaust i'm sure that's when ill notice more power.
Glad you like it THere will be more to come in the very near future. Just keep
678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Want the best tuning available for your MK3 2.0L GDI Focus? Order here http://injectedstore.com/

Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #1648
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron@Injected View Post
Glad you like it THere will be more to come in the very near future. Just keep
Sweet! Hey, two questions... I noticed after the tune when I turn the car off I can hear something from the engine bay winding down that I didn't hear before... I assume it's the fan up front? Why does it now wind down instead of just die before because I never remember hearing that sound (Just curious). Also, I assume when time comes to download updates VIA a computer there will be a program and instructions how as I couldn't find anything about it in the box.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #1649
carnage.exe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 112726
What I Drive: '13 Perf. Blue Focus, '13 Dart GT

FF Reputation: 1 carnage.exe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Sweet! Hey, two questions... I noticed after the tune when I turn the car off I can hear something from the engine bay winding down that I didn't hear before... I assume it's the fan up front? Why does it now wind down instead of just die before because I never remember hearing that sound (Just curious). Also, I assume when time comes to download updates VIA a computer there will be a program and instructions how as I couldn't find anything about it in the box.
I actually recall hearing that noise before the tune...... since day one of owning the car.
Injected Tune!
More to come!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #1650
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage.exe View Post
I actually recall hearing that noise before the tune...... since day one of owning the car.
Our tuning commands the fan to run at all times. This should have a direct affect on little things like the A/C, and help keep the engine operate a little more efficiently as well. I'll send you a link now. I just added to the site.
678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Bookmarks & Social Networks